Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

8 vs 8 ranked: Sign if you agree this needs to be done!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
8 vs 8 ranked: Sign if you agree this needs to be done!

Jherad's Avatar


Jherad
10.23.2014 , 10:56 AM | #11
Saying you need to get people to come back before you implement the content that would GET them to come back is ... silly.

Cross server would help, but ultimately if you want to improve the PvP pool, you need to add (or re-add) PvP content. Like 8v8s.
Zachar´ah - Commando / Chasso, Aargh - Merc
The Twinkletoes Legacy
Zachariah's Merc/Mando PvP Guides
2.4 is the PvP Patch! ... J/K, Removing RWZs trolololol

Jadescythe's Avatar


Jadescythe
10.23.2014 , 11:18 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Jherad View Post
Saying you need to get people to come back before you implement the content that would GET them to come back is ... silly.

Cross server would help, but ultimately if you want to improve the PvP pool, you need to add (or re-add) PvP content. Like 8v8s.
This is incorrect. If they added 8v8 ranked back in tomorrow, how many players would come back to the game? Maybe 100 across all servers? And they wouldn't stay long when they realize it's the same as it was before.

So yes, there are many things that need to change before 8v8 is viable or helpful to the community.
I have opinions and stuff

You could get free stuff with my referral link here

Akeraz's Avatar


Akeraz
10.23.2014 , 11:26 AM | #13
/signed
The Red Eclipse
Rettahz - 55 Guardian - Rylyna - 55 Sage
Rettuhz - 55 Marauder - Rektarse - 42 Operative
twitter.com/rettahzpvp

Maegi's Avatar


Maegi
10.23.2014 , 11:40 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Jherad View Post
Saying you need to get people to come back before you implement the content that would GET them to come back is ... silly.

Cross server would help, but ultimately if you want to improve the PvP pool, you need to add (or re-add) PvP content. Like 8v8s.
But we will never be a triumphant band until we get Eddie VanHalen....and we will never get Eddie VanHalen until we are a triumphant band
THE DRACUUL LEGACY
The Shadowlands
Abscess Vlaad Thuls'adoom Mits'inest'roga Bhyle Pureh Master'Blaster ISIL Seelentia U'la X'erg Ska'r L'vitate P'ewp Humun'gous Re'nd

Click here for stuff!

COOKIESNOMNOMNOM's Avatar


COOKIESNOMNOMNOM
10.23.2014 , 11:41 AM | #15
What I really don't understand is why can't they just have both 8v8 ranked warzones and 4v4 arena?!

So they remove 8v8 ranked all because it was a small population that did it?

Ok So Why not remove some of the unpopular flashpoints or operations as well?

Oh no they would never dare take any content away from their PVE community.

PVP in SWTOR seems be the red headed step child.



I swear I look on Twitch.tv everyday.. Fifteen to thirty Thousand people watching World Of Warcraft PVPers...
I look at SWTOR Twtich.tv channels... average is about 50-100 people watching..

Mainly people only watch the top pvpers in swtor as everyone discusses how the developers of SWTOR only add more and more PVE content and blatantly Ignore PVP.

I'm really not trying to be bitter. I love this game! It could be so much more!

*big hint is to add cross servers and add a 16 vs 16 man warzone, adding something similar to Alterac Valley scenario from World of Warcraft.

/endrant.

AngusFTW's Avatar


AngusFTW
10.23.2014 , 11:45 AM | #16
They should jus give the option to play 8man grps vs 8 man plus challenges. It doesn't even need to have rating jus give people the option to play that. group 4s should have an unranked as well. ranking system in this game is designed for a game like 500x the size anyway as has been said loads of times anyway
That guy with all the fat pink twileks with bleez in the name.
TOFN/TRE/much eu much wow
twitch.tv/bleezlord

Jadescythe's Avatar


Jadescythe
10.23.2014 , 11:57 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by COOKIESNOMNOMNOM View Post
What I really don't understand is why can't they just have both 8v8 ranked warzones and 4v4 arena?!

So they remove 8v8 ranked all because it was a small population that did it?

Ok So Why not remove some of the unpopular flashpoints or operations as well?

Oh no they would never dare take any content away from their PVE community.

PVP in SWTOR seems be the red headed step child.



I swear I look on Twitch.tv everyday.. Fifteen to thirty Thousand people watching World Of Warcraft PVPers...
I look at SWTOR Twtich.tv channels... average is about 50-100 people watching..

Mainly people only watch the top pvpers in swtor as everyone discusses how the developers of SWTOR only add more and more PVE content and blatantly Ignore PVP.

I'm really not trying to be bitter. I love this game! It could be so much more!

*big hint is to add cross servers and add a 16 vs 16 man warzone, adding something similar to Alterac Valley scenario from World of Warcraft.

/endrant.
How many millions of people play WoW? That's why people watch WoW. I've also found SWTOR streamers extremely boring. It was always nice to see Yoda getting drunk off *insert fruit here*-brr-itas, but players like him moved on since there was no effort put into competitive PvP.

They removed 8v8 so they wouldn't have to support it. Old flashpoints still get support in the way of changes to group finder and daily/weekly rewards to keep them being run. BW didn't want to find the resources to improve 8v8 and build 4v4. Not to say they were successful in supporting 4v4, but 8v8 would just be another empty game mode.
I have opinions and stuff

You could get free stuff with my referral link here

COOKIESNOMNOMNOM's Avatar


COOKIESNOMNOMNOM
10.23.2014 , 12:09 PM | #18
SWTOR PVP is just bloated with TONS Content.. They just had to trim the "FAT" off it to make it more appealing

MelodicSixNine's Avatar


MelodicSixNine
10.23.2014 , 12:09 PM | #19
8 vs 8 would not hurt anyone so yea bring it back. Just no solo queue pls.

Joesixxpack's Avatar


Joesixxpack
10.23.2014 , 12:20 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by AngusFTW View Post
They should jus give the option to play 8man grps vs 8 man plus challenges. It doesn't even need to have rating jus give people the option to play that. group 4s should have an unranked as well. ranking system in this game is designed for a game like 500x the size anyway as has been said loads of times anyway
I like this idea, a nice compromise. I miss 8 v 8 in its busy days but not later having to spend loads of time just scrounging around for kick ball and facing the same die hard teams over and over. Which is what I'd expect we'd basically end up with if 8s returned today in the same format.

I'm still annoyed that they pulled it because I enjoyed it way more than arena. It was there, **** it, just leave it and add arenas too. This is the part where I start ************ about CM tunnel vision and apathetic development so am going to stop now.