Remember this? Pepperidge Farm Remembers.

sdom

Hey folks,

Starting with Season 10 we are considering some changes to the frequency of Ranked PvP Seasons and how we structure rewards. Let’s talk about what our goals are for these changes and what we intend to change.

Goals

We have a few specific things we want to address:

• Seasons are going longer than we would like.
    • Although this gives us a lot of time to put together awesome rewards, it does mean you have to go many months within one season.

[*]Having a new Currency to collect every Season can be clunky and adds extra complexity to earning and spending currency.

[*]We have heard a continual desire to bring back prior Season rewards in a fair but accessible way.

The Proposed Changes

• Seasons will now run 3-6 months - Our goal is to be around 3 months, but timing will be determined by Game Updates.
  • Due to shorter Seasons we would adjust our Seasonal rewards
    • Seasonal bracket rewards would be reduced overall. Ex: Each Tier might receive a Stronghold Deco, Title, and Flair

-eric

So, do we all remember this post, from Eric on the 7th of February, prior to the start of this season?

I'm pretty sure, for starters - this thread was made during the end of season in season 10,

Any changes progressed would have been seen in season 11 by my understanding.

I don't know what happened to the validity of this information but it seems a lot of it is now irrelevant as we approach the six months mark for season 11.

Then there's the issue that within a shorter season you get less rewards.

Is there something I don't understand with regards to that, because as far as I'm concerned, a shorter season would be harder.

Its less likely we'll see scores of 2000 elo, and I would assume it would create a far more competitive atmosphere so why that hasn't been considered is beyond me since it works out as:

"Less rewards for a tougher queue"

I can't find any material detailing any kind of final developer decisions with regards to the topic.

Salty and want to know how long this season will run pls and ty

I think the plan was to follow the 3-6 month format with Season 11 going from Feb - May then having May - 6.0 as a long pre-season (maybe to get more players interested in ranked?). Along the way they might’ve decided to just extend Season 11 to 6.0 and have the extra time in Season 11 dedicated to catching ranked exploiters (monthly reports) and taking feedback on improvements to ranked (one can only hope they’re listening). Edited by UltraFlashStar