Open letter to Eric Musco and EA

ParagonAX

He posts his server, guild name and toon names, and you have the audacity to suggest he has no data, while you hide behind the anonymity of your forum handle? His claims can be very well validated or invalidated, but yours about not seeing it mentioned in General Chat yet and claiming to PvP all the time, are impossible for us to verify. Would you please give us your information as well?

Is your IQ over 50? Because if so you should realize that the guy's guild and general chat is meaningless in a game played by 2 million people. Look up what the word anecdotal means. At least I don't have the audacity to claim to be a high paid consumer relations consultant when clearly full of ****.

Edited by dcgregorya

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is your IQ over 50? Because if so you should realize that the guy's guild and general chat is meaningless in a game played by 2 million people. Look up what the word anecdotal means. At least I don't have the audacity to claim to be a high paid consumer relations consultant when clearly full of ****.

Post YOUR info. YOU are the one making claims, not him. I think YOU are full of ***!

Post YOUR info. YOU are the one making claims, not him. I think YOU are full of ***!

What claim am I making? I'm starting to think this guy is having his guildies post on his thread to back him up.

There's at least 3 claims in OP's thread:

1) Bolster is wildly unpopular.

2) It can currently be exploited and that causes major issues in PVP.

3) He's a high paid consumer relations consultant.

Not a single one of those statements was backed up and the entire post leads me to believe #3 is false just based on the fact that it resembles nothing like what you'd expect to get from one of said 'consumer relations consultants'.

Edited by dcgregorya

It's also meaningless. Video games compared to a music player are by their definition complicated. Apple products just work? Maybe because they specialize in simple. Try using Apple products for things that are complicated and you find their limitations out very quickly.

Most importantly, PVP is not an iPhone. It's not "better" with 4 buttons. It's an appeal to authority that doesn't even matter.

Wrong.

You can't even begin to imagine the work that goes into making something simple. For instance, the number of algorithms needed to give you directions from point A to B is astonishing. The optimization, distribution and dynamic algorithms needed to accomplish a trivial task: "Give me directions from point A to B" are maybe known to 500,000 people out of the 6 billion that inhabit this earth.

The algorithms for gesture recognition, touch pointer location determination, are well beyond the understanding of most University Graduates (except those specializing in the field/area or computers).

The process to shrink an entire desktop to a handheld phone is no ordinary feat.

The problem with Bioware is they created what developers call a "fat interface". Meaning they made interaction complicated thus compounding the complexity of the problem. Video games don't have to be complicated. Why is it that mobile games are incredibly popular? They're simple, easy to use, and fun.

Edited by Yeochins

Wrong.

You can't even begin to imagine the work that goes into making something simple. For instance, the number of algorithms needed to give you directions from point A to B is astonishing. The optimization, distribution and dynamic algorithms needed to accomplish a trivial task: "Give me directions from point A to B" are maybe known to 500,000 people out of the 6 billion that inhabit this earth.

The algorithms for gesture recognition, touch pointer location determination, are well beyond the understanding of most University Graduates (except those specializing in the field/area or computers).

The process to shrink an entire desktop to a handheld phone is no ordinary feat.

The problem with Bioware is they created what developers call a "fat interface". Meaning they made interaction complicated thus compounding the complexity of the problem. Video games don't have to be complicated. Why is it that mobile games are incredibly popular? They're simple, easy to use, and fun.

What does writing a direction finding algorithm have to do with an iPod bro? And what does any of this have to do with what I wrote?

What claim am I making? I'm starting to think this guy is having his guildies post on his thread to back him up.

These are the claims you have made:

my guild loves it. I've yet to see anyone talk about it in general chat or warzones, other than the nekkid bug and all I do (lately) is PVP for the most part.

I'm not a guildie of the OP's either. I play on Pot5, my toons are T'ux and Tuxx.

http://www.swtor.com/blog/state-game-3 - at least I have a source for the things I say besides "my guildies on Mumble".

Oh I'm sorry, forgot we're counting free accounts, where half those are most likely credit farmers.

Even then, 2 million players is a laughable stretch at best with 23 total servers. Do the math, that's roughly 100k players per server, and I know 1/3 of those servers are completely empty. Lol @ quoting "created accounts" and justifying that is the actual number. Not too mention, it says "2 million accounts created" since the launch of F2P...not an actual "current number".

GG again.

Edited by Pistols

These are the claims you have made:

I'm not a guildie of the OP's either. I play on Pot5, my toons are T'ux and Tuxx.

So you're debating that my guild likes it and that general isn't filled with people whining about it? I'm on Harbinger, log in and check for yourself. Fleet chat on both imp and republic is usually bacon and/or jawa related. Warzones are almost exclusively either **** talking or silence with the occasional "inc west".

Edited by dcgregorya

So you're debating that my guild likes it and that general isn't filled with people whining about it? I'm on Harbinger, log in and check for yourself. Fleet chat on both imp and republic is usually bacon and/or jawa related. Warzones are almost exclusively either **** talking or silence with the occasional "inc west".

Is your IQ even 50?! I wasn't debating crap with you, I was asking for your info so that I, or others, could verify your claims. Toon names please?

Is your IQ even 50?! I wasn't debating crap with you, I was asking for your info so that I, or others, could verify your claims. Toon names please?

You couldn't because I'm not claiming anything. The most you could do is roll some toon to whine at me using whisper, which is the same reason why I'm not naming my toons. You can verify that general chat is all a flutter with talk about bolster with a screenshot from any toon on the imp or republic fleet. If the OP took a whole 5 minutes to do that maybe I'd be less skeptical about his ********.

Edited by dcgregorya

^ Lol I'll have what he's smoking.

I'll have some of it too. Ignorance is bliss after all.

McKinsey or BCG emplyee advicing on SWTOR forums. Dude if you work in o e of these companies, haven't you learned to value your own time a nd not post on swtor forums?

Apparently McKinsey or BCG employees don't have hobbies, and can't post on anything they are passionate about outside of work.

I posted the source link. Where's yours?

Oh I'm sorry, forgot we're counting free accounts, where half those are most likely credit farmers.

Even then, 2 million players is a laughable stretch at best with 23 total servers. Do the math, that's roughly 100k players per server, and I know 1/3 of those servers are completely empty. Lol @ quoting "created accounts" and justifying that is the actual number. Not too mention, it says "2 million accounts created" since the launch of F2P...not an actual "current number".

GG again.

/cheers

/cheers

Let's say I change the number from 2 million to 25,000. How does my point change? You five people are still no one in the grand scheme of the people playing the game and there's nothing in here that leads me to believe your opinion is anywhere close to the majority.

What I see in this thread is mostly people who are in other threads crying about not having their gear gap advantage. To me, that's not convincing. Likely to Bioware it is also not convincing.

Edited by dcgregorya

The people who post on these forums, the people who write the patch notes, the people who design the classes, skills and game balance...none of those people are the people writing the underlying code. Most programmers on this game probably agree with the community but they're just coders. Get a ticket, close a ticket, report a bug, escalate it to project management.

Ironically though none of that matters. In fact, these forums don't really matter. Why? Because these forums are not reality. They're only vaguely correlated to people's real opinions. What you see here is a lot of people throwing hyperbolic tantrums over every stupid thing. The majority is generally silent. If I'm Bioware the only thing I'm checking these forums for are bug reports and exploits - but I'm relying on metrics, surveys and other feedback for a picture on whether or not the community likes the game and changes to it. I'm looking at how much PVP people are doing and the quantity of PVP passes being bought. But the last thing I'm doing is making decisions based on kneejerk reactions from a dozen out of 2 million people. That's a large reason I think the OP is full of **** - because anyone who works in the software industry in a capacity for understanding sales and metrics knows everything I just said and wouldn't start offering "advice" without any information other than anecdotes.

I have to admit, this is a piece of gold and should be read. ^

+1