We need content!

BraverDre

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Except the roadmap thing, agreed, swtor is still a giant and I do not believe its not profitable. Cmon EA just throw some money here so we can get actualy wow sized expansion and revive the game, people still adore star wars and love swtor, its just the lack of content that made the game lose most of its subscribers.

I seriously hope that swtor is gonna be going for a few more years, but with the speed of the content updates im starting to think if it wouldnt be better to wrap it up and make a bit of remake of swtor into a single player game. With a few changes here and there, additions to later storylines to make it more class specific and bringing back the companions to make them impactful to the story, they could easily sell swtor as 8 different games, one for each class... I would buy it :D

personally i don't need a roadmap, if there wouldn't be a lack of content.

but this is the content politics since years by bioware. so many broken

promises and an ashaming lack of content. that's why a roadmap is a

way to keep some more players in the game, by raising there faith in hope.

but doing a roadmap is no big deal. you need to have one, if you are not

working alone. so you just have to clear that from some technical stuff.

also the most studios are using systems like JIRA. you can connect this

to a public website an even be able to show the progress by the single tasks.

if they are using a different management software, this is not a problem, too.

but there is a problem by interpreting such a jira-based roadmap. you have

different tasks and in game development they go up and down. it is even possible,

that something is nearly finished, just need to be "polished" and by doing some

qa-stuff you need to restart at zero. it is not like building a house. so this could

be misunderstood, too.

at the end i don't see any reason at all, exept there is no plan for the future,

not to do some quarterly updates about plans and progresses. when i remind the

shows with musco and co, this was a real good way.

but what we need, is a community manager doing his/her job. and this is more feedback

to the community. but hey. it even could be worse. there are other studios doing it even worse.