Acid blade & hypergates

minervasunrider

Noticed today on my operative while cc-capping the other team that my acid blade interrupts capping. I'd never noticed this before (but it was a pretty unique situatation - I capped on them, they starting capping, I backstabbed to interrupt since it was up, I was then stunned without a breaker, and the acid blade ticks interrupted 3-4 cap attempts).

Anybody else noticed this? Does acid blade count as direct damage? Or do other dots also break caps in Hypergates?

To make sure I understand this, ALL dots and dot effects (reapplied poison from operative, the half as much damage one) should not interrupt a cap? And the OP is saying that Acid Blades dot effect is preventing the cap ONLY in Ancient Hypergates? I will try to do some testing if the game allows me into that scenario. Edited by itsmymillertime

Noticed today on my operative while cc-capping the other team that my acid blade interrupts capping. I'd never noticed this before (but it was a pretty unique situatation - I capped on them, they starting capping, I backstabbed to interrupt since it was up, I was then stunned without a breaker, and the acid blade ticks interrupted 3-4 cap attempts).

Anybody else noticed this? Does acid blade count as direct damage? Or do other dots also break caps in Hypergates?

Hey folks, just wanted to step in here to let you know that this is, in fact, a bug that we will be fixing in a future patch. Apologies for any inconvenience.

Hey folks, just wanted to step in here to let you know that this is, in fact, a bug that we will be fixing in a future patch. Apologies for any inconvenience.

Could you also look into letting players being able to use their out of combat heal when these DoT's stick around? Frustrating when you kill someone, combat ends, but you can't heal up due to lingering DoT's, especially if it's a Gunslinger/Sniper (Lethality). That shouldn't be intended at all. If DoT's can't prevent caps on a node, then DoT's shouldn't prevent out-of-combat self healing.

Edited by -Mythix-

To make sure I understand this, ALL dots and dot effects (reapplied poison from operative, the half as much damage one) should not interrupt a cap? And the OP is saying that Acid Blades dot effect is preventing the cap ONLY in Ancient Hypergates? I will try to do some testing if the game allows me into that scenario.

AFAIK it is only acid blade, and I have only seen this in Hypergate, which isn't to say that it wouldn't work in another WZ ,just that I haven't noticed it before. It's kind of a rare situation to be able to test - it would require me to be solo defending a node AND have an enemy attempt to CC cap me AND have my acid blade applied to them. This combination of factors has rarely come up before, but the short cap time on Hypergate probably encouraged them to try to cc me instead of just squashing my squishy ***.

I haven't had the opportunity to try it with any other dot, though I know for a fact that my sorc dots have no similar effect in other WZs, and I don't know if they do in Hypergate.

Reapplied DoTs from lingering toxins (or the equivalent smuggler ability) DO seem to interrupt caps. At least that's been reported to me by lethality buddies. But that's off topic.

Could you also look into letting players being able to use their out of combat heal when these DoT's stick around? Frustrating when you kill someone, combat ends, but you can't heal up due to lingering DoT's, especially if it's a Gunslinger/Sniper (Lethality). That shouldn't be intended at all. If DoT's can't prevent caps on a node, then DoT's shouldn't prevent out-of-combat self healing.

If combat ends, you can heal up, but the re-application of the dot on its expiration will interrupt it. (I don't think this puts you into combat though, or at least not for very long).

If combat ends, you can heal up, but the re-application of the dot on its expiration will interrupt it. (I don't think this puts you into combat though, or at least not for very long).

No it doesn't put us into combat, this I am aware of, but the DoT's will interrupt (on each tick) our out-of-combat heal. I can't count how many times I'm trying to heal up, only to get combat generated again because the current system doesn't clear DoT's upon the opposing players death, in which case I'm put at a disadvantage. Point is, if DoT's no longer interrupt a node cap (which is a cast), I don't see why they couldn't implement the same coding for our out of combat regen.

:rak_03:

Edited by -Mythix-