Same gender relationships clarifications?

elexier

Or wookiees, mon cal, ithorians, or bothans, while we're bringing up playable species in SWG :t_biggrin:

Yeah, I think they don't really 'get' that we're not the most closed minded people in the universe.

I can understand the logistics of some of the species, but others, I think they'd be fine.

While we're at it, I'd love interspecies romances too...I think that it should be possible to have pretty much any relationship you want...well, except maybe human/hutt or along those lines.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While we're at it, I'd love interspecies romances too...I think that it should be possible to have pretty much any relationship you want...well, except maybe human/hutt or along those lines.

Depends on how we're defining the relationship and whether or not it has sexual parts. Zero (I think that's the name) the Hutt in the Clone Wars animated series had a relationship with a non-Hutt woman.

Just to clarify...at this point there is NO real indication SGRs are being included with the rise of the Hutt Cartel expansion?

No, there is not. Bioware have expanded on many points of the Hutt Cartel Expansion, but this is not one of them.

We don't need sly half-indications, anyway. We need solid, substantial and official word directly from the developers working on story content. Expecting us to 'make do' with a half-baked pseudo-statement that has an extremely high degree of deniability is just insulting.

Yes, seriously. This continued silence is insulting.

Depends on how we're defining the relationship and whether or not it has sexual parts. Zero (I think that's the name) the Hutt in the Clone Wars animated series had a relationship with a non-Hutt woman.

Yes, I do recall that. Jabba the Hutt had Leia chained to his throne in a skimpy slave dancer outfit too in Return of the Jedi. Maybe Hutts can have fetishes for non-Hutts?

But what's with people saying there's no interspecies romance in TOR? Of course there is... Just because all the existing races are roughly human-like, doesn't mean they're all the same species - with the exception of humans and cyborgs. (Now what I don't understand is why there's no option for the other species to have cyborgs - surely they have them?)

So if your Sith Warrior is Chiss or Rattataki or Zabrak or Sith Pureblood, then their relationship with Vette is going to be interspecies, since she's a Twi'lek.

We don't need sly half-indications, anyway. We need solid, substantial and official word directly from the developers working on story content. Expecting us to 'make do' with a half-baked pseudo-statement that has an extremely high degree of deniability is just insulting.

Yes, seriously. This continued silence is insulting.

Well, I just canceled my sub, and in the 'reasons why' section, I made it clear-

I'm fed up with being treated like a second class citizen here and I'm fed up with no information. If they don't give us something solid soon, I'm not resubbing, and at this rate, I'm more than willing to walk away. But no more money from me until we get what we want.

For every player who doesn't by from the cartel store or subscribe, they lose money.

Well I've reached the limit that I can progress my characters' storylines without SGRs. And in a story based MMO, if you don't have story, what do you have?

I had continued to subscribe for a few months stuck in this limbo, but no more. If I can't play, then I won't pay. Moments ago I cancelled my subscription, BW will not get another cent from me until this issue is addressed.

I wish you all the best of luck, keep up the fight.

o.O Or you can progress their stories without it having to be SGR. SGR isn't an option yet, soooo, why did you plan on it to begin with?

I mean, the choice is yours of course. Cancel your account. But this is really, all on you, not on BW or EA.

o.O Or you can progress their stories without it having to be SGR. SGR isn't an option yet, soooo, why did you plan on it to begin with?

I mean, the choice is yours of course. Cancel your account. But this is really, all on you, not on BW or EA.

It has to do with people imagining their character to be a certain way and currently being unable to play him/her that way. It really isn't that difficult.

And the one about the choice, yeah, that made me laugh. Wait, lemme see.... we have a choice between ZILCH and heteronormative SGRs, right? Yeah.... :rolleyes:

Edited by Lent_San

At this point, I don't trust anyone's comments. Well, I'd better find out about SGRA's soon or I'm ending my sub.

Fair enough. I cancelled my sub not long ago, but it's not run out yet. Hopefully I can renew it before it lapses, but that would require their honoring the "this year" declaration with at least a confirmed, official date for release before the year's through ("with RotHC" would do, honestly, so long as it's official).

Which is a shame, because I just made a new character recently, but given that I'm on Quesh and haven't handed in act one yet because I don't know if it's safe to acquire more companions, or even to start the act in which you acquire them (or if it's already a lost cause)(and this is my second character to do this) I'm reaching the limit of what I can do anyway.

Well, I...now that I have $15 I can spend...I might give Dragon Age Origins a try.

This is a good thing. Particularly because you CAN very easily set up a roaming band of marauding lady adventurers if you like. Or a marauding band of gentlemen adventurers (though I suspect that would be less to your taste).

"We had to delay it in the build-up to Launch, but it's coming. This year, with that free content patch called Makeb." No, I do believe it's on them, especilly in the absence of any further information once that turned out to little more than an empty guess.

People tend to take quality developers at their word, shockingly. (Maybe not the pessimists, but anyone actually going "Pfft, they'll just point to one comment all year and never do anything" nevr would have bought the game at all.)

Of course its on them. They said it was coming post-launch, and its been over a year post-launch and it still hasnt. Thats not on anybody else 'but' them. Of course you could play word games and say we should wait 5 years since that too is 'post-launch', but any sane person would've expected them in weeks, possibly a few months if you were extremely pessimistic, but certainly not over a year. Teammates are extremely customizable, thats one of the drawing cards of the game. This form of customization obviously isn't hard to add, it should've been in at launch, and could be added anytime they like very easily. They've promised that they will, and they haven't lived up to it. Blame belongs where it belongs, there's no way around that.

This is a good thing. Particularly because you CAN very easily set up a roaming band of marauding lady adventurers if you like. Or a marauding band of gentlemen adventurers (though I suspect that would be less to your taste).

Well, I decided to wait until after the first. I have until the fifth, and there's a lot I need to do that will take up my time; however, I am heading to my college for my week long residency and I'm thinking that I'll buy it on the second so that I can play when I'm there and have down time.

It has to do with people imagining their character to be a certain way and currently being unable to play him/her that way. It really isn't that difficult.

And the one about the choice, yeah, that made me laugh. Wait, lemme see.... we have a choice between ZILCH and heteronormative SGRs, right? Yeah.... :rolleyes:

Can always join an RP server and play out that choice with another player.

Of course its on them. They said it was coming post-launch, and its been over a year post-launch and it still hasnt. Thats not on anybody else 'but' them. Of course you could play word games and say we should wait 5 years since that too is 'post-launch', but any sane person would've expected them in weeks, possibly a few months if you were extremely pessimistic, but certainly not over a year. Teammates are extremely customizable, thats one of the drawing cards of the game. This form of customization obviously isn't hard to add, it should've been in at launch, and could be added anytime they like very easily. They've promised that they will, and they haven't lived up to it. Blame belongs where it belongs, there's no way around that.

Post-launch without a date can mean anytime. Also, what they said then, doesnt mean they can do it now. But I'm sure it would be nice if they came out and said it. *nod*

You can also RP that there is new endgame content added to the game. And that there's free-roaming in space.

Agreed. Hell, we don't even need the game. We could just RP the entire thing without actually playing it if the "just RP it" line of thinking kept up. :D

But I'm sure it would be nice if they came out and said it. *nod*

And that, really, is all we're after. Not only have they not done so, they haven't even given us a reason for not doing so. And while they're doing it with other features there's no feature they're doing it to more than SGRAs. There's more than a year of frustration in this thread; considering that I think we're all still remarkably civil.

You can also RP that there is new endgame content added to the game. And that there's free-roaming in space.

Bit different with the end game content.

I'm not oppossed to SGR being put in the game. It just baffles me why people would plan their characters ahead on a feature with no date said on when it would be available. In fact, what seems to be the easiest way to add it, would be a new companion (and seeing as how there's a Cash Shop now, make it cash shop) all together.

Though if the only reason to play the game is the hope for SGR, then it doesnt sound like one enjoys the game at all anyways. SGR with an NPC is a couple cut scenes then done.

And that, really, is all we're after. Not only have they not done so, they haven't even given us a reason for not doing so. And while they're doing it with other features there's no feature they're doing it to more than SGRAs. There's more than a year of frustration in this thread; considering that I think we're all still remarkably civil.

They could always come out and say "Sorry. Change of plans. We're not adding it now, because things have changed and it's just not feasable and/or worth the investment"

Of course, if they were honest like that, all they'd get is a thread full of complaints.

They could always come out and say "Sorry. Change of plans. We're not adding it now, because things have changed and it's just not feasable and/or worth the investment"

Of course, if they were honest like that, all they'd get is a thread full of complaints.

And some of us wouldn't have a problem at all if they did that. We wouldn't keep playing, but we would undestand.