Legacy Bank

spiritsamuri

I think it would be nice to either unlock/purchase a tab in your cargo hold that all character of your legacy could access. So instead of sending email upon email to your characters, you may place items(non-bound) in this section of your cargo bay on one character and take it out with another. It would also be nice to be able to place money inside also for all your character to use.

I have to agree, and know we have suggested it in numerous threads (simple search = 45) back in May this was addressed by a Dev (sort of).

The major issue I am assuming is development time for a new Database between legacy toons on an account. Additionally the value for cross alliance (republic/imperial) that could be the only explanation for a almost 5 month silence on this desire by the mass community.

I have to agree, and know we have suggested it in numerous threads (simple search = 45) back in May this was addressed by a Dev (sort of).

The major issue I am assuming is development time for a new Database between legacy toons on an account. Additionally the value for cross alliance (republic/imperial) that could be the only explanation for a almost 5 month silence on this desire by the mass community.

I heard rumors of BioWare being hard press for available time to work on content, but this thread is just to bring the idea to light. It seems like a great convenience that would be appreciated by people with multiple active characters. As for the "value for cross alliance," we are currently able to send emails to characters in our legacy of a different alliance. Why would it be questioned in this supposed system? Unless I am misunderstanding what you meant by that phrase.

Vote +1.

It's a real pain mailing items and money between characters, especially when you want to implement a legacy character perk for a hard up low level toon.

It's especially galling when you come to mail an item between Rep and Imp toons as there is no automatic name check.

Agreed, especially on the no automatic name check. It took me 2 months to figure out that I could mail items to my 2 jedi.

I like this idea of a legacy bank, this could also lead to a Legacy Resources Tab in your cargo hold that has a slot for every resource within the game in which all your toons would have access to. I have noticed through all my crafters that some of the schematics on one toon requires the same resources needed for another toon of a different craft. If all my toons had access to this resource hold connected through legacy it would be much simpler gathering resources for all my toons. I would also like to suggest for this resource hold to have higher stack limits or even unlimited stack limits. Discuss?

I like this idea of a legacy bank, this could also lead to a Legacy Resources Tab in your cargo hold that has a slot for every resource within the game in which all your toons would have access to. I have noticed through all my crafters that some of the schematics on one toon requires the same resources needed for another toon of a different craft. If all my toons had access to this resource hold connected through legacy it would be much simpler gathering resources for all my toons. I would also like to suggest for this resource hold to have higher stack limits or even unlimited stack limits. Discuss?

I agree/disagree. One of the main things I do transfer between character is materials for crafting but I do not think there should be a shared resource tab. This idea already makes it much easier to allow your character to have access to the materials as long as you place them in the Legacy Bank.

Fabulous idea. Perhaps this could be a really high Legacy (40? 50?) reward. I feel like I'm keeping the Galactic Postal Service afloat some days :)

Fabulous idea. Perhaps this could be a really high Legacy (40? 50?) reward. I feel like I'm keeping the Galactic Postal Service afloat some days :)

now maybe I can agree with that, maybe as an upgrade to it like how you can upgrade the repair droid.

EDIT: But I still feel the basic legacy bank would suffice as is for our needs.

Edited by spiritsamuri

I want to point out that in a previous post in this thread, I commented that they where looking at it. As a professional I work in IT and understand design and implementation around Dbase items. When we consider the bank it is nothing more than a Dbase issue for that reason and simply for that reason it would require a bit of coding and thus I assume the delay considering the 1.4 release pending. But who is to say what we might see for 1.5 or between 1.4 and Christmas.

I want to point out that in a previous post in this thread, I commented that they where looking at it. As a professional I work in IT and understand design and implementation around Dbase items. When we consider the bank it is nothing more than a Dbase issue for that reason and simply for that reason it would require a bit of coding and thus I assume the delay considering the 1.4 release pending. But who is to say what we might see for 1.5 or between 1.4 and Christmas.

It wasn't actually mentioned in the statements I saw you post. It was said it was being looked into. Meaning it could be a completely other idea entirely.

Grand idea sir, that would make a FINE addition to this wonderful game. The convenience alone should make the Dev's turn their heads in awe. Jaykoni +1

I'm not sure if should be glad or creeped out that you actually called me by my lvl 50 character...

But I do hope that a Dev does see this. I wish they would post in these suggestions more.

I think it would be nice to either unlock/purchase a tab in your cargo hold that all character of your legacy could access... It would also be nice to be able to place money inside also for all your character to use.

Agreed, this is one of those features in LOTRO that I really miss when I'm playing SWTOR. It makes crafting and equipping alts so much easier.

Edited by AntarNyaus