Electro Staff - Bugged ?

drollzito

This thread started in the Assassins forum, but after a while I decided to bring this up here.

Is Eletroc Staff Bugged ?

See, as an assassin I can equip it (same goes for Shadow).

But all my charges, as well as my maul, requires a double-bladed lightsaber.

So it is impossible to use it with any kind of assassin spec.

Once again, the same thing goes for shadow spec.

After a while we started arguing that Electro Staff is a IA companion wep... does that make any sense ?

If that was not enough, I got an epic, rating 128 electro staff from False Emperor Hard Mode...

I can't use it becouse of all the above...

My question is... Is it supposed to be like this ?

If "yes", then the drop from the Hard Mode boss is only meant for IA companion ? (I am sorry if I am missing something here).

If "no", then were all the assassin / shadows skills supposed to require double-bladed lightsaber OR Electro Staff ?

Thx

I can only assume this is a bug, because Vibroblades count as a "lightsaber" for all Knight (and technically all Sage/Sorcerer) needs for a lightsaber/weapon. I presume there's just some oversight here.

The Knight's Companion, Kira, can use a electrostaff with all her abilities without any problem, as well.

I've wondered this for a few months now ever since I got into beta and saw how it was worded. It actually affects all 3 trees for both Assassin and Shadow since each technique requires a double-bladed lightsaber to be cast. BioWare needs to recode the few abilities that require a double-bladed lightsaber to also work with Electrostaffs. Edited by alienshirt

Little late to this thread, but it's what showed up when I googled the issue. This is actually pretty serious as there are many of us who don't much care for lightsabers or don't want to use them for RP reasons, that still enjoy the playstyle of an Assassin. I dropped 10k on a electrostaff off the AH and am now using it, but I cannot use Maul or my charges.

The work around I've learned it to equip my old lightsaber, enable the charge, and then it stays on even with the electrostaff and works perfectly. I cannot use Maul though, but I specced Madness and you don't really need Maul that much as Madness spec.

Still, it's a bug that needs to be fixed asap. In the case that it isn't a bug and is an intentional decision on the part of BioWare, please reconsider. Knights/Warriors have vibroswords that work perfectly. If we aren't supposed to be using electrostaffs, please remove the Assassin's ability to equip them.

On a semi-related note, I'd really like to see sages and sorcerors able to equip electrostaffs. They arent a melee class, and they dont use melee attacks very often (only as a last resort), but it'd look a lot cooler than a dinky little single saber while you're shooting lightning all over the place =P

I'm kind of worried about the lack of a response we're getting as far as whether it's working as intended or just bugged. I do understand it's not priority number one on the system, but it'd be nice to at least get SOME form of an answer

Bump for great justice. Please fix this Bioware, allow Shadows/Assassins to use all their abilities with Electrostaves. My thoughts are that this must be a bug because 1) we have the proficiency, 2) similar weapons can be used by Knights/Warriors to full effect, and 3) limiting the Armscrafting melee weapon market to only companions seems too shortsighted.

I personally don't care for the lightsabers myself.

Edited by Greyfield

yes, electrostaves are for a companion agents get on alderaan, I don't think assassins were meant to actually use them

If assassins or their counterpart, the shadow, were not meant to use them. Then why would have Bioware given us the ability to use them and let their primary stat on every electrostaff I've ever seen be willpower.

Now techblades and techstaves I can understand, those are for companions, but this should be ours!

FYI No agent companion uses electrostaves. Vector uses Techblades, SCORPIO uses Techstaves. Xalek, the Inquisitor Companion, and Kira, the Knight Companion, use Electrostaves (as their abilities aren't limited to lightsaber type. Kira does fine with a single-bladed one aswell, etc.)

Presumably BW wants to force Assassin to use double-bladed lightsabers as opposed to single-blade once for identifiability... Except the current flag also excludes the electrostaves from being used for any of the abilities.

Edited by Kaalinn