Please make Lord Scourge Romanceable!

CloudCastle

With the new focus on bringing companion story back, this should finally be possible. Yes, I know Scourge has...ermm..."issues", but I see that as a boon, not a hindrance, because freeing him from the effects of the Emperor could make for some great storytelling. Presumably, we are headed in exactly that direction, where we will finally see the Emperor vanquished for good.

Scourge has all the hallmarks of a compelling male romance. He threw away his freedom and career all because he saw the knight's face in a vision and believed in what you were capable of. That's some powerful dedication right there. His conversations are filled with innuendo, references to passion and pleasure, hints of a past life (the color of "his first love's eyes") and he expresses a blatant desire to feel again. (It would be "worth anything" to him.) For someone who hasn't felt in 300 years, he sure holds on tightly to such memories. He speaks of them in a way that is poetic and filled with yearning. Who wouldn't want to be the one to give that back to him? To see him healed?

And how's this for another reason-

There are no romanceable male Force-user companions in the entire game.

There are 3 female ones, 4 if you count Lana, who looks like she may be an upcoming companion.

Scourge has got that Sith bad boy thing going on, he's an alien, his got a past that is deeply woven into the lore of the game.

My knight would drop Doc in a heartbeat for Scourge. I know I'm not the only one. ;)

Please, BW, let us have Scourge!

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scourge is not an alien! Everyone else is! You Pubs always get that wrong. :D

But yes, he would make a good romance option.

There is one thing that could keep it from happening though...

Revan novel spoiler ahead:

He lives in a constant state of excruciating agony thanks to what the Emperor did to him, so it's probably hard, if not impossible for him feel much beyond the constant pain. :(

So they'd have to come up with a way to undo what's been done to him.

Edited by Callaron

I wouldn't be unhappy to see this. I really wanted Praven as my padawan, I loved that guy and thought it would have made a great story, but alas no... I was happy to see him again though.

My JK is very LS though so a romance with Scourge would likely be problematic, still, I'd like the option. if he could be healed of course. I don't know what it is about male pureblood sith, they have a thing..

There is one thing that could keep it from happening though...

Revan novel spoiler ahead:

He lives in a constant state of excruciating agony thanks to what the Emperor did to him, so it's probably hard, if not impossible for him feel much beyond the constant pain. :(

So they'd have to come up with a way to undo what's been done to him.

I think at some point the pain is replaced by numbness, although I can't recall if that's from the novel or his conversations.

So, that's the main thing standing in the way of a romance between him and the knight. Not insurmountable though! BW may have said that they won't go back and change old romances, but there's nothing stopping them from changing things going forward.

I concur! I would love a romance option with Scourge. He's got so much mysterious allure, and based on the wording of a lot of his conversations (as you say, he does bring up pleasure and passion a fair bit) I was actually rather surprised he wasn't a romance option to begin with.

And don't forget about

Raina Temple

if we're mentioning the ratio of romanceable female to male force users. She may not be a fully fledged force user, but she does have some power! That might actually bring the total to 5 romanceable female force users:

Nadia for the consular, Kira for the knight, Ashara for the inquisitor, Jaesa for the warrior, Raina for the agent and then Lana.

I concur! I would love a romance option with Scourge. He's got so much mysterious allure, and based on the wording of a lot of his conversations (as you say, he does bring up pleasure and passion a fair bit) I was actually rather surprised he wasn't a romance option to begin with.

And don't forget about

Raina Temple

if we're mentioning the ratio of romanceable female to male force users. She may not be a fully fledged force user, but she does have some power! That might actually bring the total to 5 romanceable female force users:

Nadia for the consular, Kira for the knight, Ashara for the inquisitor, Jaesa for the warrior, Raina for the agent and then Lana.

It might even go to 6 if Vaylin eventually becomes one. (Of course that's pure speculation of course atm :p)

I wouldn't be unhappy to see this. I really wanted Praven as my padawan, I loved that guy and thought it would have made a great story, but alas no... I was happy to see him again though.

My JK is very LS though so a romance with Scourge would likely be problematic, still, I'd like the option. if he could be healed of course. I don't know what it is about male pureblood sith, they have a thing..

Kidnapping Lord Praven... I know that feel. I wanted to be like "Kira, you're grown up and a real Jedi now, more or less. I need a new Padawan. A tall one." I don't think I would have hit on him (my Jedi was comically by-the-books), but I would have loved the adventures of Knight Ophona and Lord Praven: Squares in Space.

And while Lord Scourge being romanceable wouldn't benefit ME personally unless I decided to go back and play a slightly-worse-at-being-a-Jedi-Jedi, I support it. It'd be a fun option for a darkside knight, and... Well, force sensitive nonhumans. He'd be the unicorn of male romantic options. And probably chock full of pathos, which can be amusing.

Not to mention... ridges!

After meeting both Praven and Scourge I went and rolled up a pureblood Sith Warrior and I keep him shirtless.

I'll show myself out.

Yes yes yes! I just love the look of the Sith purebloods. I made a male pureblood sith inquisitor and the voice/appearance combo makes me swoon haha!

Yes yes yes! I just love the look of the Sith purebloods. I made a male pureblood sith inquisitor and the voice/appearance combo makes me swoon haha!

Okay, now you've done it. I must roll up a male Inquisitor now. The male Sith Warrior's voice really does it for me. :D

There are no romanceable male Force-user companions in the entire game.

True but for that I would like to see a new NPC/companion. I don't get it why all force-users seem to be females, it gets old pretty fast. And speaking of old...eww, Scourge is over 300 :p

Seriously, I would have nothing against it but he is not even close on my favorite companion list - like I said I would prefer a new char to fill the male force-user slot.

I'd love this. Not for my main JK sentinel, she's faithful to doc and, other than that, totally light-sided. But... I do have an alt that's a Darksided JK Guardian, who is a sith pureblood as well, and, she and Scourge would DEFINATELY make a good pair.

Look what you people made me do, you're a bad influence!

http://i.imgur.com/RkZMCiN.png

http://i.imgur.com/d0KqMz5.png

I knew I'd find a use for that Covert Energy Torso armor I had lying around...

Yep, I very much approve!

I put my Warrior in the black Juggernaut pants and high boots, and Ceremonial Guard gold belt and wristguards. It goes well with his gold earrings and nose jewelry. Hey, what's better than a shirtless Sith prince? :D

Edited by Cedia

Not to mention... ridges!

After meeting both Praven and Scourge I went and rolled up a pureblood Sith Warrior and I keep him shirtless.

I'll show myself out.

I first read this at work and burst out laughing. I hope no one down the hall heard me. :o

Seriously, I would have nothing against it but he is not even close on my favorite companion list - like I said I would prefer a new char to fill the male force-user slot.

Well, no reason we should be limited to only one male Force user. We should have several to choose from. Male Force-users for everyone! :D