Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Request for a Dye System to be implemented

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
Request for a Dye System to be implemented

DAWUSS
01.22.2013 , 10:02 PM | #21
/support

And may it not be as glitched as Unify Colors was (or still is).

DeaconCielFrost
02.18.2013 , 05:40 PM | #22
Thank you for putting this up. I agree with others that the level of detail you provided should not be necessary. However, since there is still no dye system apparently in this case it is required if for no other reason than to show how important this feature is to players. This game has almost infinite potential. I mean come on it takes place in a galaxy/universe. Infinite possibilities for new planets and other in-game content. A slew of unused alien races that could become playable etc. All this an after over a year in production there is still no dye system?

This is a very basic feature included in most MMOs and honestly right now my biggest gripe about the game. The need for greater personalization seems like a core concept for a game like this where "the sky's the limit."

P.S. In game bounty board where players can place contracts on one another for bounty hunters to accept and execute is just onr example of a piece of end-game content that I personally think would add amazing value and long-term interest to the gane.

Ithilwen
02.18.2013 , 05:59 PM | #23
I really really want to see an in game dye system!
Valkarah - Valania - Santiel
Dramorion - Onai - Ostana

ZanyaCross
02.18.2013 , 07:08 PM | #24
Bumping this.

DOHboy
03.01.2013 , 06:04 PM | #25
Didn't realize there were actually so many threads. I'll bump since i started a new one.

My proposal went more in-depth. Use bioanalysis (i.e organic pigments) and underworld trading (metals for heavy/medium, fabrics for medium/light) to create dyes that will be equipped similar to augments. Dyes will add a aggro buff (for tanks) or debuff (heals/dps) with the % based on the level (green/blue/purple). colors would be basic to start at low levels but rarer or even a pattern (camouflage for instance) would be higher levels. AT that point all they need to do is implement the color pallet and expand augment system +recipes and vendors

Ziso
03.02.2013 , 01:08 PM | #26
another option would be an optional slot on chest items for colour crystals. the crystals would not add stats but the color of the crystal could become the primary colour of the chest piece. infact u could add the slot to vehicles also