Ati Radeon HD 5770 having low fps???

Corupter

Hi guys i was just wanting to know why i am getting only 30fps and dropping below 15 fps in crowded areas and during pvp??? My specs are

Pentium ® duel-core CPU E5500 @ 2.80 GHz (3.26 GHz overclocked)

4GB RAM (only running 32 bit vista) so around 3.2 GB ram Physical memory

430w PSU

ATI Radeon HD Saphire 5770 1GB

Please help i just bought the 5770 for 50$ just the other day and i am getting better performance than my older card but not much better. My older card was a ati radeon 5570.

Hi guys i was just wanting to know why i am getting only 30fps and dropping below 15 fps in crowded areas and during pvp??? My specs are

Pentium ® duel-core CPU E5500 @ 2.80 GHz (3.26 GHz overclocked)

4GB RAM (only running 32 bit vista) so around 3.2 GB ram Physical memory

430w PSU

ATI Radeon HD Saphire 5770 1GB

Please help i just bought the 5770 for 50$ just the other day and i am getting better performance than my older card but not much better. My older card was a ati radeon 5570.

The 5770 is a older mid range card. It's not a high performing card. That being said I have the same one and 30 FPS is no problem at all (also $50 for that card is a really good price).

Ok thanks i was also thinking about upgrading my graphics card. I am a big raider/pvper so i would like to play these events without having low fps. Any pointers on what card i should get?. Also i am putting a windows 7 64 bit on in a couple days would this help read all 4gb of ram that i have installed?

I'm getting 40-60 FPS on a Radeon HD 5750. I'm afraid it might be your CPU that's the bottleneck

well i am getting around 60 fps at points in the game and this is on the highest settings. but when i get to a battleground or raid i start getting 30 and even dropping around 15 or below. My CPU could be a problem but yet i recently overclocked it to 3.2 GHz and haven't tried the game out since. i was going to wait and get windows7 64 bit OS to see if all 4 of my ram would help a bit?

Just so you know, since you are using a 32bit OS, the 3.2GB of memory Windows is saying you have includes the 1GB of memory on your video card. Which is technically leaving you with slightly over 2GB or so of actual system memory for your system to work with.

It's just the way 32bit OS works. They can only assign memory addresses for up to 4GB, and 32bit Windows actually caps it at less than that to prevent system instability, which is why it reads at 3.2 GB.

Just so you know, since you are using a 32bit OS, the 3.2GB of memory Windows is saying you have includes the 1GB of memory on your video card. Which is technically leaving you with slightly over 2GB or so of actual system memory for your system to work with.

It's just the way 32bit OS works. They can only assign memory addresses for up to 4GB, and 32bit Windows actually caps it at less than that to prevent system instability, which is why it reads at 3.2 GB.

So getting windows7 64bit OS would help?

So getting windows7 64bit OS would help?

It very well could. However, if you do decide to upgrade your OS to Windows 7 64bit, I suggest buying at least another 4GB of ram (To bring you up to 8GB total). An extra 4GB of ram should be dirt cheap.

The reason I say this is that Win7 needs more memory than XP just to run the OS. But since you are no longer restricted memory wise, it's an easy enough obstacle to overcome.

Edit: I guess I didn't read your original post very carefully. I just now noticed you are currently running on Vista 32 and not XP 32. Now I am almost certain you will have better performance if you upgrade to windows 7 64bit and add some more ram. Vista 32 is just a disaster of an OS in my opinion. Hope you get everything sorted out. Good luck.

Edited by Chocobostew

While in the game, execute CTRL+SHIFT+F to see your FPS at the lower left corner of your screen. If the numbers are green, your graphics card is a bottleneck. If the numbers are red, your CPU is a bottleneck. Note that the colors are just a guideline and don't necessarily mean you must take action.

I agree that switching to Windows 7 64-bit and adding a little more RAM might help you.

Edited by BlackRifle

While in the game, execute CTRL+SHIFT+F to see your FPS at the lower left corner of your screen. If the numbers are green, your graphics card is a bottleneck. If the numbers are red, your CPU is a bottleneck. Note that the colors are just a guideline and don't necessarily mean you must take action.

I agree that switching to Windows 7 64-bit and adding a little more RAM might help you.

My FPS in game after hitting shift+ctrl+f is showing around 15 fps in fleet and warz and the color is green.

Hi guys,

I also have massive FPS and general performance probs though I don't think it's caused by my system; I've got i7 quad core 2,8 Ghz, HD5770, 4 GB RAM and Win 7 64 bit. Even on lowest settings it's almost unplayable because of the animation delay...

Even when overclocked it still performs horribly in warzones on the lowest settings. The drivers are up to date that was the first thing I checked out. My AMD phenom II X4 and 4 gigs of DDR3 RAM should be more than enough and I've read that others have no framerate issues with their HD5770. I think this has to do with our windows 7 64bit version.