Same gender relationships clarifications?

elexier

Ha!

BioWare, you cannot stop me. The Force is with me! :D

After the Disney post, and the oh so lovely way my question about it was ignored, there is no way in hell that the moderators ever read this thread. That was the last bit of convincing I needed.

Yes, I cuss...quite a bit actually. But since I'm just a person with an avatar and words when it comes to the net, I try to keep it as minimal as possible.

We might not know what schedule he means, but the fact he's even talking about it so matter of factly is the only proof we really have that SGRs are done.

Yeah, that helps. Tons. Thanks BioWare. :rolleyes:

:p Edited by natashina

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha!

BioWare, you cannot stop me. The Force is with me! :D

After the Disney post, and the oh so lovely way my question about it was ignore, there is no way in hell that the moderators ever read this thread. That was the last bit of convincing I needed.

:p

Okay, first I've seen that. Honestly? He looked like he had no clue and just made something up after getting taken off guard (how often does the PvP guy get asked about SGRA's anyway). He sounded like he didn't have any better idea about it than we do.

Okay, first I've seen that. Honestly? He looked like he had no clue and just made something up after getting taken off guard (how often does the PvP guy get asked about SGRA's anyway). He sounded like he didn't have any better idea about it than we do.

I'd agree, but then Hall Hood the lead writer confirmed it on twitter and then deleted that tweet, what does that mean? I have no idea.

I'd agree, but then Hall Hood the lead writer confirmed it on twitter and then deleted that tweet, what does that mean? I have no idea.

It just looks like none of them know what's up, but vaguely remember that at some point something with it was up.

What would he gain making that up? I could see the opposite, getting into trouble, for daring to speak about it. This subject has been so hush-hush that I'm surprised more versions of that video haven't been taken down.

Interestingly enough, the first link I had used was the one that Hall Hood used for his deleted confirmation Tweet.

This the Tweet. Good thing I snagged it that night he put it up. I loathe Twitter, but I was actually following his stupid feed that night:

Hall Hood @hallhood (1 of 2) To all the folks who have been expressing interest in SGRs, here is the official word from Gabe Amatangelo:

He may not work even in the same department, but "water cooler talk," still goes on.

Gabe also didn't have to answer it; I've seen EA/BW devs dodging various game questions in ways that would make Neo proud.

Edited by natashina

Who knows. Even if it could be confirmed for Makeb, that's still what 3 or 4 months off? If we had got it 3 months after launch, yeah maybe I wouldn't be so bitter about it and would likely have continued subscribing the last 9 months. Getting if 15+ months after launch? Wow...

Who knows. Even if it could be confirmed for Makeb, that's still what 3 or 4 months off? If we had got it 3 months after launch, yeah maybe I wouldn't be so bitter about it and would likely have continued subscribing the last 9 months. Getting if 15+ months after launch? Wow...

After all that bantha poo, I'm thankful we're writing to GLAAD to get some answers. And goddess knows when Makeb is supposed to get here.

What kills me about that Gabe vid is that, for the most part, that's what the LGBT playerbase needs to hear. Officially, publicly, by Hall Hood. Not some damned off-handed comment by another Dev.

Maybe I should repost my Mad-Libs post, since I saved it on my computer.

Edited by natashina

Gabe also didn't have to answer it; I've seen EA/BW devs dodging various game questions in ways that would make Neo proud.

Like I said I think he just got caught off guard, I doubt it is a question had had been prepped for. You can kinda see his eyes go big as he quickly tries to think up an answer. We've all had moments like that were we say something we don't know anything about just to try to be reassuring to a customer or boss or a user. Its pretty clear he didn't know one way or the other.

The tweet thing is more interesting but who knows since its gone now.

"The offical word"... until said description/endorsement gets promptly revoked.

It's December (in this time-zone, anyway), here's hoping inter-office communication is good enough for them to communicate with us this month.

(No response to my Tuseday PM's... can't say I even expected one.)

Edited by Palar

What would he gain making that up? I could see the opposite, getting into trouble, for daring to speak about it. This subject has been so hush-hush that I'm surprised more versions of that video haven't been taken down.

Interestingly enough, the first link I had used was the one that Hall Hood used for his deleted confirmation Tweet.

This the Tweet. Good thing I snagged it that night he put it up. I loathe Twitter, but I was actually following his stupid feed that night:

He may not work even in the same department, but "water cooler talk," still goes on.

I'd like to have your optimism.

From watching the guys on the LiveStream I also got the impression that often they weren't quite sure what was up, especially outside their department. Lots of laughing (a hint at insecurity and being unsure). And they didn't look like they would water cooler talk about SGRs.

To me it seems that they brief each other infrequently about what they're working on, and at some point there was talk about SGRs needing to happen (around the time we got angry), and since then that's what comes up when people are put on the spot and asked about SGRs. A fleeting memory of SGRs having been spoken of briefly a long time ago, in a galaxy far far away.

Hall Hood seems like he'd retweet anything that could be an approved confirmation of something that's coming. I think he'd just as likely have retweeted something about pvp in a manner of "hey people wanting pvp, there you have it, pvp is coming, yay". And then when it's not correct, just delete it. I don't see why they wouldn't be allowed to reconfirm that SGRs are still coming, if in fact they were still coming. It just makes it look like they're actually not coming.

But let's hope that's just me being pessimistic.

"The offical word"... until said description/endorsement gets promptly revoked.

It's December (in this time-zone, anyway), here's hoping inter-office communication is good enough for them to communicate with us this month.

Suit A: "Sir, we need to talk to the players requesting same gender romances."

Suit B: "Again? But didn't we just say we support LGBT gamers?"

Suit A: "Sir, there is the matter of this promised content in The Old Republic..."

Suit B: "Oh no, not this again. Quick, what excuse haven't we used yet?'

Suit A: "Sir, this isn't the time for..."

Suit B: "Ah ha! Let's let them assume that it's the holidays that are the hold up."

Suit A: "Sir, that probably isn't the best course of action."

Suit B: "It's brilliant! What are they going to do about it, give us bad press? The LGBT gamer community adores us."

Suit A: "Sir, didn't that happen last year when GLAAD got involved.?

Suit B: "Bah, we've already said that's coming into the game! What more do those people want?"

Suit A: "Sir, that was over eight months ago."

Suit B: "Allow another Tweet to come up just long enough to be recorded and deleted. That'll shut them up. Oh and give them lots of new shiny gear. They like shiny things, right?"

Suit A: "...."

Edit: Shoot, at least JC contacting his friends in GLAAD is a fresh direction. I'm actually quite excited about it. And yeah, even my husband (aka Doup) comments how optimistic I can be and is puzzled that I am.

Not bad for a dyed-in-the-wool cynic. ;)

Edited by natashina

Oh Natashina, you silly, you're assuming that there are people in Bioware who are looking out for us! Everyone knows their eyes gloss over and they start drooling on themselves at the mention of anything LGBT related.

I'm sure someone is, but has about as much power over things as the Suit A did. I think plenty of people genuinely care, but aren't in the position to show any of it. Those that care do not seem to be the same as those with any authority in the company or at least over ToR.

Edited by natashina

I'm sure someone is, but has about as much power over things as the Suit A did. I think plenty of people genuinely care, but aren't in the position to show any of it. Those that care do not seem to be the same as those with any authority in the company or at least over ToR.

Those who care tend to have their power taken from them, in case they do something silly, like be nice to people.

We'll see how GLAAD goes and I'll hold off the hyperbole :)

Those who care tend to have their power taken from them, in case they do something silly, like be nice to people.

We'll see how GLAAD goes and I'll hold off the hyperbole :)

Doup did have to ask why I was having a big chuckle yesterday. When I told him that we're trying to get GLAAD involved, he gave me a big grin and wished all of us luck. He also felt that GLAAD was the next logical step, since pretty much all other avenues of trying to acquire this information are exhausted.

Oh and Doup may be neutral about SGRs, but he was good friends with Matthew Shepard from Wyoming and very pro LGBTQ rights. If you don't know who he was, please google it. I'd rather not go into details here, but let's just say Doup's another big time ally.

Edited by natashina

Underlings usually want to try, in my experience. (I'm not sure if that's a 'pc' term, but it's better than 'minions'.)

Here comes the "nut up or shut up" home stretch for their quasi-resolve to vaguely stand by Erickson's quote. One way or the other, the clock's running down.

Underlings usually want to try, in my experience. (I'm not sure if that's a 'pc' term, but it's better than 'minions'.)

Here comes the "nut up or shut up" home stretch for their quasi-resolve to vaguely stand by Erickson's quote. One way or the other, the clock's running down.

Well there is no chance we are going to see it this year. That ship has already sailed at this point I would think.

Well, they've already shut up and have been so for many moons now, so I think the only nuts we're going to find are in Sainsbury's.

SWTOR, patch 1.6, now with 20% more nuts!

I guess I"m feeling chatty tonight. Ironic since it hurts to speak. :p

The really weird part is that we were told, "this year." However, they were very very careful not to specify whether it was in the year 2012 or a year from the guild summit.

As far as "nut up or shut up", that'll happen if GLAAD gets involved with this. And I'll be there, with the FAQ open, adding the quotes and links, with a big grin on my face.

Edited by natashina

I've been wary of the wriggle-room they left since May, but I won't reel in the benefit of the doubt just yet. I don't really know why... I've just always been a sucker for Saint Jude, I guess.

"If they were intentionally going for weasel-wordage, they'd have said 'within a year' and not 'this year'. Right?"

"Brain, stop being gullible.... ow, damn!"

"Know why you just stubbed your toe? You didn't let your foot listen to me."

"Oh, you're so very clever, aren't you?"

^ I'm stuck inside with bad weather, and my mind goes weird places when I'm bored. Sorry.

I've been wary of the wriggle-room they left since May, but I won't reel in the benefit of the doubt just yet. I don't really know why... I've just always been a sucker for Saint Jude, I guess.

"If they were intentionally going for weasel-wordage, they'd have said 'within a year' and not 'this year'. Right?"

"Brain, stop being gullible.... ow, damn!"

"Know why you just stubbed your toe? You didn't let your foot listen to me."

"Oh, you're so very clever, aren't you?"

^ I'm stuck inside with bad weather, and my mind goes weird places when I'm bored. Sorry.

I'm gonna be giggling about that one all night. Nice. :D

Pain-killer assisted or not, getting a laugh means I succeeded - so long as you don't bump the tooth or something.

I'm not on meds yet, so that was a sober laugh. :) My mind often works in the same way.

Tomorrow morning is going to be a much different story. :(