Trying to decide on treek

Rorge

Check youtube for some videos of her in action, you might like or dislike her animations and sound effects. Also you can't customize her armor visibly, like Blizz.

Yes you can. There are three customizations on the cartel market and one for bh week rep.

Tweek is the best healer comp in game. Also I've just started using it on my 40 Mara and as a tank healer comp for leveling she is awesome.

Edited by Apeth

I got her for my sage alt. He is 45 atm and just taking Qyzen's gear and putting it on Treek (with mods from weapon given over too), she blows him away. Thats in tanking. It also helps that she occasionally heals, even in tanking stance, so that's a bonus.

I just spent the credits and then the CCs to unlock for legacy. I see her as a healer for my marauder whenever I decide to start leveling him again.

Excellent tank and excellent healer. I use her for both and have retired HK.

Agree.. and charging the target on a Hang-glider is just too awesome to pass up. :D

She does troll me in combat too much... but I got used to it. :p

Edited by Andryah

I've only used her as a tank so far, on my 55 Commando, Scoundrel and Sage. Treek tanks better than any of the regular tank companions available to those classes. Two main reasons:

1) She has a heal which works even in tank stance. It's not massive heal when in tank gear, but it does make a small difference to survivability and downtime between fights.

2) Treek's AOEs do not break crowd control, so she can hold multiple threat better if you're using crowd control - usually with tank companions you have to switch off their aoe. This makes a massive difference when trying to solo tougher content.

I'm setting her up as a healer for my Guardian, but not had a chance to try this yet.

And yeah, only downside is she babbles incessantly - anyone got an Ewok muzzle? ;)

Edited by Cernow

1) She has a heal which works even in tank stance. It's not massive heal when in tank gear, but it does make a small difference to survivability and downtime between fights.

It actually makes a pretty huge difference because it's a hot that cleanses every time it heals. This is also what makes her a superior healer, she has two abilities rolled into one.

Yes you can. There are three customizations on the cartel market and one for bh week rep.

Tweek is the best healer comp in game. Also I've just started using it on my 40 Mara and as a tank healer comp for leveling she is awesome.

Alright, let me re-word it. You can't customize her armor unlike Mako. You have the customization slot option to change fur color, but you won't see armor changes, in the same way that Blizz has a backpack skin, or his normal bandolier one etc. but you can't see any armor that you put on him beyond the weapon.

I personally wish I saved the Credits/CC when I found out he costs 300k on every character on top of the 1 million. Goes into the not worth it range.

Can you unlock it via collections for CC if you buy it with credits? Definitely worth the one time CC charge for me (with all my alts).

Can you unlock it via collections for CC if you buy it with credits? Definitely worth the one time CC charge for me (with all my alts).

Yes. Yes you can. :D

And, I've found that while I do love her to pieces, she's not the absolute bestest companion for every character of mine. Theran's- or more accurately, Holiday's interrupts are far more useful for my Shadow for me. But she definitely beats out poor Talos for my Assassin if only because you don't get him until Hoth.

Been trying her on a recently rolled Scoundrel too and I noticed I haven't been getting through things quite as fast as I did with Corso but, I'm hoping that'll be offset by making the later levels less like pulling teeth because Treek just has to have a better survivability then either him or Akavai- but then again, I do believe wet toilet paper has a better survivability then Corso and Akavai when it comes to the later chapters so that bar's set pretty low for me. We'll see. :p

Point is that she's great for a lot of characters but not the absolute best companion for all characters and all playstyles so, while I'd definitely recommend having her and the account unlock in anybody's arsenal who can afford or has the legacy level for her, I'd also recommend still trying out new companions once in a while on those new alts just to be sure you really don't like any of the given companions for your character better. :)

I have found her to be very useful in the tank role. Her ability to have a heal running full time on her is very useful and my Mara has been saved by her channeled heal. She does lack a "Oh crap" skill to shield herself but it is replaced with a stun skill that works on just about anything. She can get annoying though as she is very load and her "language" tends to grate after a short while.

I think she is worth it for variety and to have some different options available.

Excellent healer/tank. Only downsides to Treek are:

-She babbles a lot and after a certain point it gets REALLY annoying. I cringe every time she talks now (Every few seconds it feels like)

-She doesn't gain any affection in cut scenes and has no dialogue in any of the cutscenes/class story lines.

So I would recommend swapping out companions when you are picking up quests and turning them in.

She got old real fast for me.

There's this comment by her, whenever you kill all your enemies in any given situation, where she says we've added yet another tale to our legend. The way she talks just makes my ears bleed to be honest. Dunno if it's just me.

In other words, got back to HK-51 on the characters that have him far quicker than I expected.