In need of advice

bmdbounty

So I started playing a few weeks ago, and so far I have a Jedi Sentinel and a Jedi Sage, both being level 25. I started up on a Begeren Colony because a real life friend of mine plays there, and the community is pretty nice.

However, I'm wonder if its worth it to continue on this server with a main character, I was always around 2.2kish arena rating on WoW, and in a top 100 world 25 man raiding guilds.

So my questions are what server is good for both PVP and OPS? Additionally, should i go Empire? From what I have been reading it seems like empire has better comps for pvp.

So I started playing a few weeks ago, and so far I have a Jedi Sentinel and a Jedi Sage, both being level 25. I started up on a Begeren Colony because a real life friend of mine plays there, and the community is pretty nice.

However, I'm wonder if its worth it to continue on this server with a main character, I was always around 2.2kish arena rating on WoW, and in a top 100 world 25 man raiding guilds.

So my questions are what server is good for both PVP and OPS? Additionally, should i go Empire? From what I have been reading it seems like empire has better comps for pvp.

Classes are essentially mirrors of each other on both sides. Whether one faction does better on or worse in PVP tends to depend on the pvp community on that server. I'm not on Beregren Colony so I don't know how it is there, really. Any PVP server is going to have the most active PVP community. Until they give us cross server warzone queuing, that is probably an important thing to remember when making a decision.

Can't comment on different servers, have only played on one server.

But definately try the Imperial stories, the Agent Story is the best there is, and most people put the Jedi Knight and Sith Warrior as equal second. As for the companions, well that's up for debate, as some people love what some people hate. Personally I feel the the Imperial Companions are slightly better overall, and the best companion is the Darkside Jaesa for the Sith Warrior, although Elarna Dorne for the Trooper is good too (shame about the trooper story).

Also if you do the Sith Warrior and Sith inquisitor, then I suggest you try Marrauder and Assassin, to give some variety, I know some people say the Marrauder is squishy, but I personally haven't found that, difficult to play perhaps, but if you get the hang, then it's a great class.

My apologies, comp, as in composition of the team for pvp.

IE

A guardian

Consular

smuggler

smuggler

for a 4v4 ranked team

Well the Bounty Hunter has an advance class (Powertech I Think) with two blasters, while the trooper doesn't, but that's a trade of between double damage and a shield.

And the Smuggler has the Gunslinger, which has two blasters, while it's counter part the Sniper doesn't, but will have something to balance it off.

The rest of the classes & advance classes are identical.

So on the whole, no, neither side is better for PVP.

Well the Bounty Hunter has an advance class (Powertech I Think) with two blasters, while the trooper doesn't, but that's a trade of between double damage and a shield.

And the Smuggler has the Gunslinger, which has two blasters, while it's counter part the Sniper doesn't, but will have something to balance it off.

The rest of the classes & advance classes are identical.

So on the whole, no, neither side is better for PVP.

Actually no

Mercenary (dual wielding Bounty Hunter AC) can equip two blaster, which however do lower damage each, while Commando (mirror AC for Trooper) wiled big a** rotary cannon that does more damage, and in offhand, they have generator (they cannot use shields), which provides additional stats, just like the second pistol on Mercenary.

Same thing goes for Sniper/Gunslinger. Snipers have bigger numbers on their rifle and use knife in offhand for stats, while gunslinger uses two blaster pistols.

All classes should have exact mirror (as far as numbers are concerned) on the other side.

The end game raiding is nowhere near as competitive as WoW's. I am sure each server on both sides has good raiding guilds who can clear the content fine. You should check out the server forums and see what guilds are recruiting and how progressed they are. But over all there are only 4 or 5 ops. I stopped raiding after EC way back, before the NM came out a few months ago, because we cleared everything to fast and ended up disbanding and moving to other games. My point is to show basically there isn't tons of competition and I don't know if there is even anything that keeps track of real rankings or anyone who really cares.

I really like the Ops ToR made though. They were fun and actually one of the better raids besides WoW.

As for PvP, I don't know. I know on my server, which is pve, has a couple hard core pvp guilds. Republic side has the better guild for it and pve for my server.

TOR does "puzzle bosses" more frequently than WoW. Burning Crusade was on the right track with Karazhan's Chess event and Lady Vash'j, but stopped doing that sort of raid content. There's one puzzle boss in each raid which ends up pretty easy once you learn it, but they're really creative. A few missions stand out too, like the laser maze, TOR would do well to emphasize more content like this to really stand out from other MMOs.