The Official Oricon PTS Thread

MisterBlackJack

Hello everybody. Since the planet Oricon is finally view able by those on the pts, I have decided to make this the official thread where all things Oricon will be added. I will constantly updating the thread as more videos, blogs and screenshots are put up. Feel free to share videos, screenshots you discover or experiences of the planet itself.

REMINDER: THIS IS A THREAD STRICTLY FOR THE PLANET ITSELF, THIS WILL NOT COVER THE TWO OPERATIONS, DREAD FORTRESS AND DREAD PALACE, NOR WILL IT POST SOURCES ABOUT REWARDS OUTSIDE OF THE PLANET STORY ARC OR THE DAILIES ON THE PLANET. THEREFORE THE NEW TIER OF PVE AND PVP GEAR AND POSSIBLE MOUNTS WILL NOT BE UPDATED WITH THE OP.

SCREENSHOTS

Oricon 2.4 - Imgur

Oricon 2.4 -- Imgurl_2

SWTOR Oricon Reputation - Dulfy

[Translation] Now It's Hot - A Tour on the planet Oricon - starwars.gamona.de

VIDEO

STORY ARC VIDEOS [Click the Spoiler button, IF YOU DARE!]

Edited by MisterBlackJack
Updated Information

It looks like an awesome mash up of Mustafar, Korriban, and Mordor.

But after the Dread Masters fall... What will our operations be about? :o

First I am glad I wan't the only one thinking "No one simply hyperspace jumps into Mordor" :D

But my guess is that either we will be moving towards the return of the Emperor or a new power threat that hasn't been seen yet. The hutts saga could continue as Sleheyron is one of the planets in the works, which is a hutt controlled planet.

Looks far more like Belsavis, Makeb and the Nightmare Lands region from Voss thrown together.

Nightmare Lands and Belsavis I do agree, though I don't see where it resembles Makeb out side of the fact that it has a flowing lava similar to the waters.

PS: I updated the thread again with a new video from Adam Bohnert as he attempts the first quest of the planet

The voice actor they got for the Sith Commander is doing an awesome job - the hair isn't so snazzy :p he'd look cooler bald... but his voice actor is doing AWESOME. Sounds like he's straining and trying to lead at the same time - can't wait to try this out ingame ^^

Nightmare Lands and Belsavis I do agree, though I don't see where it resembles Makeb out side of the fact that it has a flowing lava similar to the waters.

PS: I updated the thread again with a new video from Adam Bohnert as he attempts the first quest of the planet

Pretty sure that some of the flora you see on Oricon is only seen as well on Makeb, even though it's corrupted in a similar fashion to the stuff you get to see on the Nightmare Lands on Voss.

The voice actor they got for the Sith Commander is doing an awesome job - the hair isn't so snazzy :p he'd look cooler bald... but his voice actor is doing AWESOME. Sounds like he's straining and trying to lead at the same time - can't wait to try this out ingame ^^

Same VA who voiced Lord Paladius and Darth Vowrawn. You know he's bound to deliver.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Hey everyone for those that maybe interested I have updated the OP with a video from dulfy that has all the cutscenes from the Imperial perspective. It's actually has some pretty awesome moments. And it looks like they are some easter eggs that mention class story stuff.

I also added a video of a german sorcerer's gameplay.

ENJOY

HOLY SHMOLLY... Have any of you watched the scenes Dulfy posted?! People say there's no more story content or not ENOUGH story content... but JEEZE... that little ten minutes of awesome was just that

AWESOME :|

Yes I thought it was pretty awsome when i first saw it too. i think some people are going to try to avoid the video because it's heavily spoils the planet's storyline.

Edit: I have updated the OP again and posted all the cutscenes from the Republic side

A video of the Complete Oricon story line for the Empire is now in the Spoiler section of the OP. The video shows some of the achievements from defeating the Oricon bosses as well as the rewards that is given for turning in questline (which is purple 156 i.e. Complete basic gear set) Edited by MisterBlackJack

There's definately some interesting pieces, but because there is no confirmation that these are the actual gear sets or just place holders, I am going to hold off adding them to the list