4000 years after The Return of The Jedi, how would it look like?

Lord_Butcher

Imagine that if you took some of the greatest story writers about Star Wars ever, and deicided to make 6 new movies over the years, based upon new characters, new plot and so on, which takes place like 4000 after The Return of The Jedi, how could it look like?

Allright i doupt Lucas himself would allow that but let's just speculate, how could it look like?

Would it be fitting, or do the story really ends like and ends being epic when The Emperor dies? Would it be interresting at all?

It's like adding new story to the Lord Of The Rings in one example, i can't seem to think of something like that being made to easily, but how about Star Wars?

I mean, they did make a very interresting story into the game series Kotor 1 and 2, it was placed 4000 years before the movies, that was quite impressive story imo, can it be made 4000 years after The Return of The Jedi?

honestly, the star wars universe has peaked technologlly, hell, in the 4000 years since KOTOR to RoTJ, the galaxy hasn't made huge strides forward in technology, they still use shields, starships, turbolasers, lightsabers, blasters, repulsors.

There isn't much really to do in star wars other then have wars. in the stars.

4,000 years after RoTJ, I'd expect a few more jedi purges, a few more empires and a few more rebellions.

hell, if history has taught us anything about our own world, it's that peace tends to cause decline. For the majority of the roman empires existence, it was at war, and it continually improved itself and it's weapons and in turn it's citizens lives due to the advances war brought on.

Although, after 3 separate galactic purges and thousands of wars, I'm pretty sure the Jedi are getting more and more pro-active about protecting themselves.

I could see a jedi nation unto itself spring up in 4,000 years time - I could see the jedi getting fed up with being constantly harassed and piled on by blame for thousands of years.

At the core of star wars, jedi and sith have ultimately been the cause of war.

I like how the Jedi stand to defend the republic and it's ideals, but I could see a future where the jedi say "screw it, we'll do it our way" and create a new nation ruled by the jedi.

it's the only way to ensure the galaxy is ruled their way, of course power leads to corruption, so you just KNOW eventually a sith would take over and we'd have a new sith empire once again.

Cue the dramatic three part trilogy of the heroic Lubekenboi Skywalker, Great, Great, Great, Great, Great, Great, Great, Great, Great, Great, Great, Great, Great, Great, Great, Great, Great, Great, Great, Great, Great, Great, Great, Great, Great, Great, Great, Great, Great, Great, Great, Great, Great, Great, Great, Great, Great, Great, Great, Great, Great, Great, Great, Great, Great, Great, Great, Great, Great, Great Grandson of Luke Skywalker:

As he rebuilds the jedi order and struggles to free the Galactic Commonwealth of the Force from the control of the insidious Lord Palpascourge who has taken over and turned it into the Grand Empire of the sith brotherhood of darkness. and evil.

honestly, the star wars universe has peaked technologlly, hell, in the 4000 years since KOTOR to RoTJ, the galaxy hasn't made huge strides forward in technology, they still use shields, starships, turbolasers, lightsabers, blasters, repulsors.

There isn't much really to do in star wars other then have wars. in the stars.

4,000 years after RoTJ, I'd expect a few more jedi purges, a few more empires and a few more rebellions.

hell, if history has taught us anything about our own world, it's that peace tends to cause decline. For the majority of the roman empires existence, it was at war, and it continually improved itself and it's weapons and in turn it's citizens lives due to the advances war brought on.

Although, after 3 separate galactic purges and thousands of wars, I'm pretty sure the Jedi are getting more and more pro-active about protecting themselves.

I could see a jedi nation unto itself spring up in 4,000 years time - I could see the jedi getting fed up with being constantly harassed and piled on by blame for thousands of years.

At the core of star wars, jedi and sith have ultimately been the cause of war.

I like how the Jedi stand to defend the republic and it's ideals, but I could see a future where the jedi say "screw it, we'll do it our way" and create a new nation ruled by the jedi.

it's the only way to ensure the galaxy is ruled their way, of course power leads to corruption, so you just KNOW eventually a sith would take over and we'd have a new sith empire once again.

Cue the dramatic three part trilogy of the heroic Lubekenboi Skywalker, Great, Great, Great, Great, Great, Great, Great, Great, Great, Great, Great, Great, Great, Great, Great, Great, Great, Great, Great, Great, Great, Great, Great, Great, Great, Great, Great, Great, Great, Great, Great, Great, Great, Great, Great, Great, Great, Great, Great, Great, Great, Great, Great, Great, Great, Great, Great, Great, Great, Great Grandson of Luke Skywalker:

As he rebuilds the jedi order and struggles to free the Galactic Commonwealth of the Force from the control of the insidious Lord Palpascourge who has taken over and turned it into the Grand Empire of the sith brotherhood of darkness. and evil.

I love the level of creativity there!

The whole galaxy will be destroyed by then. Once you get into the EU, dozens of planets are destroyed. Mon Calamari ravaged by World Devastators, an entire solar system evaporated by the Sun Crusher, planets virus bombed to hell and back. I expect by 4000 years after the events of ROTJ, there won't be many habitable planets left, and most races will be extinct. You'll have self-sufficient colonies trying to eke out an existence in space, and outlaws and nomads plying the space lanes. Any Jedi that exist will be akin to monks camping out during the Dark Ages.

Tech wise the star wars universe never made any real strides since TOR to the movies.

Only "advancement" was the creation of the Death Star which proved to be horribly impractical. It got blown up twice by inferior forces and to be honest. Malak accomplished the same thing essentially by leveling Taris with a normal fleet. Sure the planet was still there but the entire planet surface was obliterated and nearly all life was exterminated.

The Death Star sure would of killed Revan but the Death Star is more vulnerable as a single ship than an entire fleet even if the Death Star is guarded by a fleet. All you would need to do is blow up the Death Star and the Imperial forces would turn tail like a bunch of sissy boys anyways.

Someone will finally invent tank treads.

Or possibly the nuclear weapon. Yeah, they got shields but it shows if you hit them hard enough they get blown off and a nuke or 2 could of easily make any ground force in the series useless. For instance in the end of the 2nd movie they could of just nuked all those droid forces from orbit instead of landing a ground force and engaging them like it was the 1800s in clusters of troops shooting into the masses.

All the republic would need is a powerful galactic fleet a bunch of WMDs and Jedi/special forces and they could handle any threat in the galaxy.

Edited by Kabloosh

The whole galaxy will be destroyed by then. Once you get into the EU, dozens of planets are destroyed. Mon Calamari ravaged by World Devastators, an entire solar system evaporated by the Sun Crusher, planets virus bombed to hell and back. I expect by 4000 years after the events of ROTJ, there won't be many habitable planets left, and most races will be extinct. You'll have self-sufficient colonies trying to eke out an existence in space, and outlaws and nomads plying the space lanes. Any Jedi that exist will be akin to monks camping out during the Dark Ages.

I like it, totally diffrent than anyone would expect.

Kabloosh, they already have weapons more powerful than Nukes. Baradium explosives, and

in the Trooper storyline early on you're chasing a very powerful, high yield bomb designed specifically to vaporize entire cities, from orbit.

I would guess after 4000 more years of war the following would be true:

The Sith would now follow the "Rule of Negitive Two"

The Jedi would have disapeared several centuries ago due to no longer reproducing due to the whole "There is no emotion."

The New Republic, after no more technological break through's, would be taken over by the Hutt clan since the Jedi are no longer around to protect them.

The Hutt clan disapears due to an invasion by Tribbles.

Ewoks rule the universe.