Any you said "Choice matters" Bioware(Spoilers)

Slowpokeking

So you don't get to kill Arcann the first time, you don't get to kill him and Senya the 2nd time. Even though the option"kill" and "shoot down" is on screen.

And WHY do I need to grab some Zakuul weapon instead of using my own Force power to take down Arcann? It's just making our characters looke inferior, as long as the jedi/sith way.

Seriously this is really bad and different from the original class story, which we do actually decide others' fate, we can truly choose our path and destroy our enemy when victory was granted, but in KOTFE, none, throughout the entire 16 chapters, you don't get to decide most of the other people's fate upon victory. It really feels bad.

Also, the ending of Vaylin taking the throne seem REALLY FORCED.

Edited by Slowpokeking

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I knew he was going to survive it's why my DS sith(Don't really consider him a sith anymore :p) did not bother to kill him but let him know he is superior and why he did not shoot the ship. Going by the force chapter the force has a plan and it was plain as day that it wanted him alive since he took those lessons on board. The force is not an ally or can be dominated hence why Kriea wanted to kill it. :p

As Valkorion said you can't control destiny but you can move the currents since it looks like Arcann could be a possible ally against the crazy girl in the future. I let senya take him I knew she did not have it in her to kill vaylin I factored that into my plan.

Plus the shields are made for force users to use the Zakuul knights.

Well bioware wants Arcann alive I quite enjoyed the ending anyway and the fight.

Edited by lokdron

I knew he was going to survive it's why my DS sith(Don't really consider him a sith anymore :p) did not bother to kill him but let him know he is superior and why he did not shoot the ship. Going by the force chapter the force has a plan and it was plain as day that it wanted him alive since he took those lessons on board. The force is not an ally or can be dominated hence why Kriea wanted to kill it. :p

As Valkorion said you can't control destiny but you can move the currents since it looks like Arcann could be a possible ally against the crazy girl in the future. I let senya take him I knew she did not have it in her to kill vaylin I factored that into my plan.

Plus the shields are made for force users to use the Zakuul knights.

Well bioware wants Arcann alive I quite enjoyed the ending anyway and the fight.

What Force? Sith doesn't believe in Force, they dominate the Force to their will.

Destiny is garbage, we should have our freedom to do what we want, I don't even want his help against Vaylin at all, why can't it be granted? In class stories there never was any "kill someone" but fail to do so.

Edited by Slowpokeking

The best thing about chapter 16's ending in particular and KOTFE overall? It ensures I won't stay subbed through season 2 like I so foolishly did with season 1. Now that I know how BW is going to milk everything, up to and including giving zero resolution to anything in a season finale, as I ride their plot railroad, I'm fine watching the cutscenes on YouTube. The story isn't about my characters, anyway. Edited by Nothing_Shines

Right at the moment when I got to choose if I should kill Arkann I was thinking, "Wow choices really do matter. This is the best chapter ever."

It is what makes Game of Thrones really great, there is real tension, that characters you are attached to can go at any moment. The writers are bold and brave.

Sigh...

Edited by icemoneyboi

It is most toothless story i've ever seen. In worst traditions of soap operas. Player's choices don't matters. Plus a lot of useless companions, cutted romances, broken gameplay for assassins/shadows and operatives/scoundrels, no challenging fights - that is result of season 1.

No offense, but financial support the content of this quality is simply indecent

Seriously tell us, why didn't you give us the kill, when we fought and get victory?

One of the reasons I love SWTOR's class stories is that you get to choose others' fate a lot, but in KOTFE meh.

Because no game has the resources to have so many branches. Do you think they are going to develop 2 expansions: one where Arcann has a role to play to defeat Valyn/SCORPIO and one where it will be a different ally?

This IS the most disappointing "victory" I've seen in any game so far...

1. The final boss fight. May have as well been a "quick time event" or something, for whatever reason BIoware decided that their combat system was just no good for it. Instead you get to veeeeery slowly carry a shield around. Yeah... Epic... Why exactly did we forge that weapon again?

2. NOBODY dies. Great. The epic show down and not a single enemy of ours bits the dust. We don't get to kill Arkan, nor his sister and neither Scoripo. In fact nothing changed much - we had a cyborg and a crazy girl on the throne than, we have a droid and a crazy girl now. Big change that... Really worth fighting for. On our side everyone is fine as well, no biggie.

3. Biowares "our characters are just to good for you, give them back" stunt again - as in a companion that abandons you regardless of your actions or influence level, just because the plot sad so. I will repeat - if you do not intent to let us keep someone make then a "contact" that joins you for specific missions, not a companion.

4. And you get punished for being a Sith (being mean to people) again, this time with a stolen ship. No worries thou - I am quite sure it will sow up when we need it - Bioware is not going to write two stories about you having or NOT having the Gravestone, I mean properly we'd have to find another way to beat the Eternal Fleet.... But Bioware is to lazy to write whole different plot line, with quests and action, so it's a safe bet that it's just another cosmetic choice and the sip will heroically show up to fight beside you when you need it.

5. Is there anyone in this alliance that is not out to back stab you? First Koth, than Scorpio, than Senya... Considering that it was Lana who brought them all in I'm guessing she will be next, because she is either sabotaging us on purpose or the worst Sith intelligence minister in history and a naive fool to boot.

Bottom line - it felt unsatisfying and lame. When I got back and everyone was "congrats! You won!" I could only blink and stare - what exactly did we win? The Eternal Empire is just where we left it, we are minus a ship and a companion and + on another betrayal. Great ending... Not.

Because no game has the resources to have so many branches. Do you think they are going to develop 2 expansions: one where Arcann has a role to play to defeat Valyn/SCORPIO and one where it will be a different ally?

Yes i do. If they are going to scrap all development of new group content to concentrate on story I expect at least to have quality story.

This IS the most disappointing "victory" I've seen in any game so far...

4. And you get punished for being a Sith (being mean to people) again, this time with a stolen ship. No worries thou - I am quite sure it will sow up when we need it - Bioware is not going to write two stories about you having or NOT having the Gravestone, I mean properly we'd have to find another way to beat the Eternal Fleet.... But Bioware is to lazy to write whole different plot line, with quests and action, so it's a safe bet that it's just another cosmetic choice and the sip will heroically show up to fight beside you when you need it.

5. Is there anyone in this alliance that is not out to back stab you? First Koth, than Scorpio, than Senya... Considering that it was Lana who brought them all in I'm guessing she will be next, because she is either sabotaging us on purpose or the worst Sith intelligence minister in history and a naive fool to boot.

same as irl. You want to be an a-hole -deal with consequences. Haven't done a Ch16 run on my DS character, but if what u write is true -seems reasonable.

And you can't kill Arcann and Senya because they're probably a big part of next expansion. Fine by me

same as irl. You want to be an a-hole -deal with consequences. Haven't done a Ch16 run on my DS character, but if what u write is true -seems reasonable.

And you can't kill Arcann and Senya because they're probably a big part of next expansion. Fine by me

And that is why every politician, every president and every king in history where such a "nice, honest person". That is why the list of richest people on the planet is populated by "nice, fair people". I hate if this is an eye opener but no, in real life you don't get where you are going by being nice. Nice people are the ones that are getting exploited, lied to and beaten by thous with ambition. Friendship is not magic, ponies are not people and love does not overcome anything. That's real life for you.

If you like the gaming logic of "be nice and it'll work out" great for you, but don't compare it to "real life" - the comparison is shallow and insufficient.

Edited by Sshodan

Please. After all their recent games, do people still buy into "choices matter" marketing ********? For real? For al lthis time? You guys want to go and re-read promotional descriptions for all of Bio games starting with DA2. You'll seriously wonder if those are the same games you played

Choices matter. Lol. You guys are naive.

And that is why every politician, every president and every king in history where such a "nice, honest person". That is why the list of richest people on the planet is populated by "nice, fair people". I hate if this is an eye opener but no, in real life you don't get where you are going by being nice. Nice people are the ones that are getting exploited, lied to and beaten by thous with ambition. Friendship is not magic, ponies are not people and love does not overcome anything. That's real life for you.

If you like the gaming logic of "be nice and it'll work out" great for you, but don't compare it to "real life" - the comparison is shallow and insufficient.

true. But its a fantasy (or is it sci-fy) after all :D

I'm just glad this isn't a one more game following a "being bad is more fun" trope

Please. After all their recent games, do people still buy into "choices matter" marketing ********? For real? For al lthis time? You guys want to go and re-read promotional descriptions for all of Bio games starting with DA2. You'll seriously wonder if those are the same games you played

Choices matter. Lol. You guys are naive.

You're right that this has happened enough times that people should be aware that their choices won't matter.

However, it is still irritating that BioWare continue with the false advertising for KOTFE. They shouldn't need to lie to people, unless they believe that the content isn't good enough to sell on it's own merits.