April PvP Report

MikeBradley

Websites still sell services like power leveling and such. Those people have a group and they all grind together. Real people or sometimes a few people and the rest are bots. If someone sees a player that may threaten that guys income all he has to do is flip account's and report a legit player with every account he has access to. In the end its a legit player dealing with a ban or suspension.

Another problem is salty mental players who sit on a computer all day who cant handle a loss. If you are new to the game or class or even "under geared" after bolstered they will slander you in chat saying your a bot report them and whatnot. I just went threw this myself. These people do report you even more so if you don't respond to the slander's BS.

People have their guilds send false reports to something they never seen. Most games I played had someone in guild telling other people to report "X" for hacking and many of them will do it no questions asked.

Thank you for this explanation. I have seen similar behavior in the NiM community when competing for "world firsts."

Edited by Rion_Starkiller

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HAAHHA, my sides. I spit out out my coffee :(

Wouldn't it be funny if the devs created their own granked team and streamed their matches? :D The lawlz would be endless, but it would be a fun bonding experience with the community.

Edited by Rion_Starkiller

Wouldn't it be funny if the devs created their own granked team and streamed their matches? :D The lawlz would be endless, but it would be a fun bonding experience with the community.

That would be funny. A secret dev team of 8. They would see some of the other team facing left to right at lightning speed while they take no damage. They would be chain stunned or choked with a bot like precision. Or better yet make it a dev team of 7 and let the 8th be a pug and when the dev team looses the pug person can call the developer bots and report them.

If they are doing the outdated system of script banning or banning people just on the number of reports on a player just refund me now. This system only worked for the people exploiting.

Let me go threw some a few things people don't know or may not understand.

Websites still sell services like power leveling and such. Those people have a group and they all grind together. Real people or sometimes a few people and the rest are bots. If someone sees a player that may threaten that guys income all he has to do is flip account's and report a legit player with every account he has access to. In the end its a legit player dealing with a ban or suspension.

Another problem is salty mental players who sit on a computer all day who cant handle a loss. If you are new to the game or class or even "under geared" after bolstered they will slander you in chat saying your a bot report them and whatnot. I just went threw this myself. These people do report you even more so if you don't respond to the slander's BS.

People have their guilds send false reports to something they never seen. Most games I played had someone in guild telling other people to report "X" for hacking and many of them will do it no questions asked.

Its 2019 and companies still act like its the early 2000's on how to handle problems like this. I mean yeah SWTOR is 8 years old and the game mechanics are way behind the times, some of which might be addressed in the next expansion but I don't see the game ever thriving again until they do a complete overhaul or on weeks a Star Wars movies hit theaters.

If you want to catch career bots I would look at time played, IP addresses, average ping. Once you have a pattern of that and mark the anomaly's you can shorten the list of potential violators. So for example some named "SDlgijglse Uninstall" has been logged in 30 hours on average from random countries with a 999 ping you would know to pay more attention to reports about that account and even go in a few games he's playing to make sure nothing else is out of the ordinary.

Virtually none of this makes any sense. You are just making things up. If you're not, what kind of evidence could you possibly have for such things taking place?

Thank you for this explanation. I have seen similar behavior in the NiM community when competing for "world firsts."

He hasn't explained anything...he is just making things up. He also thinks that when people react faster than him in regs they're cheating...

The problem is they do not have and have never had ingame GMs that respond to petitions. Probably one of the worst petition systems I dealt with on a game tbh regarding hacks and cheats.

Ingame problems need to be solved ASAP otherwise the product (the game) is ruined and compromised heavily every second some loser continues to ruin or manipulate matches.

It's hard to believe BW doesn't understand how much disruption even just one hour of cheats/hacks can cause. The effects are like a ripple and really do cost the game if not in subs definitely in less played time by players pissed off the hacks are rampant and not being addressed.

Either they need a way to sort out cheaters and punish them properly OR change up the scoring system so that it's not such a breeze to manipulate. Seeing for 7 years now they have failed to stop win trades, I believe it fair to say this is an impossible task.

5 years ago I was in a guild and our GM had an inside track to Bioware. I believe his friend worked there or something.

Anyway, we were sort of de facto Mods if we saw dodgy bots farming in pvp or pve.

I remember this one time when I’d just rolled a new GS on Ord Mantel and there were these 4 bots in a group just farming mobs in this one place. (There were always heaps of bots on OM).

Anyway, my GM was online and I told him. 5 mins later his Bioware mate turns up. We have a quick chat and he collects what ever evidence he needed. Next thing the Bots disappear. He thanked me and he was gone.

There were a few other times guildies did this and his Bioware friend turned up really fast and was able to catch the bots red handed.

It’s a real shame Bioware can’t vet some actual players and we could have some people in the game with an inside track to a Bioware person who could come gather evidence and then take immediate action to the cheaters.

If the cheats knew there were people like this around and Bioware could turn up and ban on the spot, they would be less likely to try it because the proof would be irrefutable.

Hey All,

...snip

Mike, any chance while you're thinking about pvp you can look at the wall of crazy ideas as see if the Huttball League is still on there as a future dream, or has it definitely been thrown away forever?

Only if they didn’t tell us till half way through the season. That way they could build up skills with some anonymity before going public.

But imagine the salty people who might lose to them accuse them of hacks, lol

Only if they didn’t tell us till half way through the season. That way they could build up skills with some anonymity before going public.

But imagine the salty people who might lose to them accuse them of hacks, lol

Are they "hacks" if a dev wrote the code? :confused:

Are they "hacks" if a dev wrote the code? :confused:

LoL, More likely it would be an exploitable bug that only they know about. At least that’s what I’ve been told ;)

Jokes aside, there have been documented cases of this sort of behaviour in other games. But it happened a very long time ago and I couldn’t even tell you anymore which games they were because my Oldtimers is getting worse :p

careful what you wish for. legend has it the devs did this once and they got farmed, to which they responded by using a one shot mod.

while this may "seem" like a rumor, we know from the kotfe preview stream that eric used a "superman" laser eye attack on the mobs that OHKOd and we also know that alex modley did a ranked match on PT and literaly got destroyed with almost 0 dmg done. (I forget the second round so Im going with "almost")

If they are doing the outdated system of script banning or banning people just on the number of reports on a player just refund me now. This system only worked for the people exploiting.

Let me go threw some a few things people don't know or may not understand.

Its 2019 and companies still act like its the early 2000's on how to handle problems like this. I mean yeah SWTOR is 8 years old and the game mechanics are way behind the times, some of which might be addressed in the next expansion but I don't see the game ever thriving again until they do a complete overhaul or on weeks a Star Wars movies hit theaters.

If you want to catch career bots I would look at time played, IP addresses, average ping. Once you have a pattern of that and mark the anomaly's you can shorten the list of potential violators. So for example some named "SDlgijglse Uninstall" has been logged in 30 hours on average from random countries with a 999 ping you would know to pay more attention to reports about that account and even go in a few games he's playing to make sure nothing else is out of the ordinary.

Another way that was effective is if staff would take a active roll in PVP. Talk in chat or spam messages "Staff is monitoring the battleground." If staff really are watching it or not is up to the company but it is a effective deterrent.

Another thing to consider is games with to many buttons to push are becoming a thing of the past. Other games have altered their EULA and implemented a type of chain macro to make the game more enjoyable. The original hardcore players are in their 40's - 50's and I know a handful that's in the 60's-70's. A guy with arthritis vs a 16 high on Redbull just does not work with any current MMO business model your eliminating the older age group, and in the case of Star Wars many of the 1976 era players might still be around. Short and simple to many damn buttons.

Yes this was stuff I was explaining a long time ago and I just didnt wanna repeat myself. I was also reported like this by the biggest guild on DM. The Guildmaster simply said to guildmates and also the rep guilds to spam report. People did what he wanted, without knowing the background or what it all was about, they just reported like sheep running from the dog.

They are trying to setup a lot of automated systems, but those do not catch everything in the end. They can be easily bypassed once you get caught once and you know about them. Changing IP does not have to be VPN, I have a laptop I can just use my phone for internet and get a different IP already, then I can use wifes phone, sons phone etc, thats all before I apply a VPN on my house internet connection.

The only and main issue is manpower. I know people do not like numbers (cause we do not really have them) but its just gonna be an example. Lets say the game has like 40 000 subbed players (cause only those can play ranked). Based on the estimates from other threads, based on mount of toons on leaderboards, we can estimate that around 3000 players take part in ranked PVP. Yes, we can discuss the validity of the numbers but the principle still stays, that ranked players form 1% of the subbed population.

Imagine you are a Game Studio and have 10 people at your disposal. you split them to work on part of the game based on who active those parts are. So from those 10 devs ranked would get 1 person. That person would be in charge of everything from class balance, warzones changes, wintrading etc. No way he can do it. That is the current situation. They just do not have the manpower and not that they couldnt afford it, but its not feasible to dedicate more people to a part of the game that brings so little profit or is played much less than other parts of the game. Its simple logic.

Im just here for the popcorn and the yogurt covered raisins

my standards have been lowered so far by 5.x that everything bioware does right is a pleasant surprise, and everything they do wrong, well lets just say Im no longer disappointed.

my standards have been lowered so far by 5.x that everything bioware does right is a pleasant surprise, and everything they do wrong, well lets just say Im no longer disappointed.

Welcome to the club.

Really, I am just hoping the next large patch/expansion/update they come out with changes the class abilities a bit, shakes up the classes so new classes are on top while top classes now are on the bottom, and fix bugs.

I am worried instead they will just focus on new content and features instead which will not improve gameplay but instead make the game even less fun to play.

That's why it's just easier to not expect anything good, that way if anything is good it's a wonderful surprise. Low expectations are a good thing in this case.

Sometimes I wish I could have plateaued out with my disappoint and been done with it. But I’ve dropped below that line now and it just depresses me,

I’m nearly at Lhance’s level of unsubbing again. Because honestly, when I do login these days I usually log out feeling worse. I’m sure that’s not good for my mental health.

Sometimes I wish I could have plateaued out with my disappoint and been done with it. But I’ve dropped below that line now and it just depresses me,

I’m nearly at Lhance’s level of unsubbing again. Because honestly, when I do login these days I usually log out feeling worse. I’m sure that’s not good for my mental health.

I also quite often end up logging out in disgust over various things in this game. Although, honestly, it usually has less to do with something bioware does, than with something "us" players do.

I've tried to start conditioning myself so that if I get a few good games, I just log out then, right after a good game. Instead of "hey, games have been good, let's sign up for another!". I mean, unlike flipping that penny, where you have a 50/50 chance no matter what happened before, we all really know that the more good games you get, the less likely it is that the NEXT one is going to still be good. Of course, now that means I log out after either a good or bad game... hmm. :p

[Edit: although I do quit because of bioware stupidity sometimes... Quesh HB, Vandin, Vandin... :mad: <quit>. For the love of whatever you consider holy, I hope 6.0 brings SOME ability to actually pick WZs.]

Edited by Banderal

I also quite often end up logging out in disgust over various things in this game. Although, honestly, it usually has less to do with something bioware does, than with something "us" players do.

I've tried to start conditioning myself so that if I get a few good games, I just log out then, right after a good game. Instead of "hey, games have been good, let's sign up for another!". I mean, unlike flipping that penny, where you have a 50/50 chance no matter what happened before, we all really know that the more good games you get, the less likely it is that the NEXT one is going to still be good. Of course, now that means I log out after either a good or bad game... hmm. :p

[Edit: although I do quit because of bioware stupidity sometimes... Quesh HB, Vandin, Vandin... :mad: <quit>. For the love of whatever you consider holy, I hope 6.0 brings SOME ability to actually pick WZs.]

Yeah, I would say 70% of what makes me sad is player based. But most of those problems stem from Bioware enabling the situation or just not fixing it.

Every step Bioware seems to take to add to the pvp experience, they end up taking 3 steps back. Which make me worry they would make it worse if they try to make a system to allow us to choose maps.

I was a big advocate of cross faction. It had so many positives that could go with it that I didn’t see the one negative, which was Bioware deciding it also needed a matchmaking system to go with it,

The match making is so broken and all the good the cross faction would have done has been undone by adding the matchmaking to it.

If Bioware do anything at all for the queue in 6.0, I hope they just remove the matchmaking or adjust it so all players of the same skill bracket are put together and not the way it works now.

"Not remotely! Because iocane comes from Australia, as everyone knows! And Australia is entirely peopled with criminals. And criminals are used to having people not trust them, as you are not trusted by me, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you."

"Not remotely! Because iocane comes from Australia, as everyone knows! And Australia is entirely peopled with criminals. And criminals are used to having people not trust them, as you are not trusted by me, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you."

So, you are saying I just have to build up an immunity to bad games? Or are you saying bad games are odorless, tasteless, colorless and still kill most people? :p

Yeah, I would say 70% of what makes me sad is player based. But most of those problems stem from Bioware enabling the situation or just not fixing it.

Every step Bioware seems to take to add to the pvp experience, they end up taking 3 steps back. Which make me worry they would make it worse if they try to make a system to allow us to choose maps.

I was a big advocate of cross faction. It had so many positives that could go with it that I didn’t see the one negative, which was Bioware deciding it also needed a matchmaking system to go with it,

The match making is so broken and all the good the cross faction would have done has been undone by adding the matchmaking to it.

If Bioware do anything at all for the queue in 6.0, I hope they just remove the matchmaking or adjust it so all players of the same skill bracket are put together and not the way it works now.

The people who do this are highly skilled in gaslighting dev teams into thinking the game will die if anything is done about them, and players into thinking that's something that should be tolerated.

The people who do this are highly skilled in gaslighting dev teams into thinking the game will die if anything is done about them, and players into thinking that's something that should be tolerated.

Do you mean me asking them to fix the matchmaking or remove it, is me gaslighting?