Molecular Stabilizers: What's the best ways to get them?

finelinebob

With the new droid schematics and the relatively huge number of molecular stabilizers you need to craft a full set, I was wondering what is the best way to get these. Got 200 space comms, got my crafting supplies box, got ONE molecular stabilizer. Obviously, that's not very exciting.

And yes, I did a search on Google and databases like TORHead and DarthHater aren't very helpful on the topic.

So, anyone have any advice on how to get them?

Denova and TFB ops. Otherwise grind dailies and buy them from GTN. If you are filthy rich in real life you could probably buy a few hundred cartel packs instead. If you have left over daily commendations you can buy the droid schematic and put up on gtn for a few 100k credits.

Denova and TFB ops. Otherwise grind dailies and buy them from GTN. If you are filthy rich in real life you could probably buy a few hundred cartel packs instead. If you have left over daily commendations you can buy the droid schematic and put up on gtn for a few 100k credits.

Thing is they're usually getting robbed by the guilds. Imo they should be dropping like commendations - every players gets some.

Best way to get lots of stabs is to buy them. Do not buy anything beyond 150k, though. I got a good deal of 30 stabs for only 3.5 million. Got it today and almost doubled what i spent by now.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

Thing is they're usually getting robbed by the guilds. Imo they should be dropping like commendations - every players gets some.

Best way to get lots of stabs is to buy them. Do not buy anything beyond 150k, though. I got a good deal of 30 stabs for only 3.5 million. Got it today and almost doubled what i spent.

<<<this

If they're gong to make them necessary in soooo many crafted wares (and soon to be needed in new spaceship parts???) , they need to have them drop more often from lower tier content

If they're gong to make them necessary in soooo many crafted wares (and soon to be needed in new spaceship parts???) , they need to have them drop more often from lower tier content

<<< this!

Just like Battlemaster became the new Champion and War Hero is about to become the new Battlemaster in 1.6, if they're going to play these games they need to make the stuff more accessible.

Easy way to fix the extreme boss skipping in HM flashpoints would be to have every boss drop a few stabilizers and maybe a matrix.

This^^^^

Bosses on higher lvl HM FP's should drop 1 M. Stabilizer or 1 Matrix Cube(75% of the time, not 100% of the time). This would fix the boss skipping problems and help with gear progression.

2 birds 1 stone, get what I'm saying.:D:D:D:D

Here's the real answer. I have been holding this one back but I'm gonna lay it out since you asked....

(I expect this reply to start some QQ by PvE people when they realize what is about to happen)

You can reverse engineer any PvE OR PvP armoring, mod, or enhancement if they are 26 or 27. This means black hole, as well as war hero gear! You need multiple toons to have the appropriate crafting skills though.

Steps:

On your main toon, spend a few days getting 50-60 black hole comms by doing the daily group finder, and weekly black hole quests.

Buy the cheapest piece of black hole gear. Rip out the armoring, mod, and enhancement. Buy a legacy armor shell and put the mods in it and email it to your other toon who can reverse engineer.

Cybertech - can RE the armoring and mod

Artifice? - can RE the enhancement

This will give you at the minimum, 3 stabilizers and possibly 6 if you're lucky. So in a nutshell, thats the master plan. Sure it takes a bit to set up if you arent there already, but if you are going for a truely uber account, this is the way to go. And you can also do the dailies on the other toons and pump out even more Stabilizers.

-----------------

Broken part: This is the part that I predict will have PvE people having a hissy fit:

In 1.6, war hero pieces cost non-ranked warzone comms. You will be able to buy war hero boots or gloves for like 900 warzone comms. That takes a solid 2-3 hours. But then you just RE the 3 things you pull out, and have 3+ stabs in a few hours of work. Sad part is, the PvP people are better set up to do this than the PvE people are. Hence my opinion on the complaints.

Edited by DarthBloodloss

H

Broken part: This is the part that I predict will have PvE people having a hissy fit:

PVER here, Doesn't matter how much lipstick you put on a pig they're still a pig.

in otherwords doesn't matter how easy these components are to get and turn into 27's bad players still won't be able to handle the content anyways.

Another free, if grindy, way to get the Stabilizers/ Synthetics is by doing the entire set of Space dailies. Doing all of them yields 100 Fleet Comms and a Grade 8 Crafting Mat costs 200 Comms. If I'm remembering this correctly, it should only take 2 days a weeks to get a chance at either of the mats. On the off chance you don get the mats you wanted you could always sell the ones you got from the box as well.

Also, I've never RE'd a PVP piece before. Is it actually a 100% drop rate for Moles to come from a WH piece?

Another free, if grindy, way to get the Stabilizers/ Synthetics is by doing the entire set of Space dailies. Doing all of them yields 100 Fleet Comms and a Grade 8 Crafting Mat costs 200 Comms. If I'm remembering this correctly, it should only take 2 days a weeks to get a chance at either of the mats. On the off chance you don get the mats you wanted you could always sell the ones you got from the box as well.

Also, I've never RE'd a PVP piece before. Is it actually a 100% drop rate for Moles to come from a WH piece?

Yes, you get 1 or sometimes 2 everytime

Its as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror. (It was our companions, when they hear their gear is about to get RE'd)

Edited by DarthBloodloss

I tried the space dailies for a while - and after opening about 8 boxes - I ended up with 11 Energy Matrix Cubes - not one Molecular Stabilizer - nearly went insane as the space dailies are possibly the worst grind in the game - so decided for the good of my health to stop these and do dailies instead and use the credits to buy the stabilizers!

I tried the space dailies for a while - and after opening about 8 boxes - I ended up with 11 Energy Matrix Cubes - not one Molecular Stabilizer - nearly went insane as the space dailies are possibly the worst grind in the game - so decided for the good of my health to stop these and do dailies instead and use the credits to buy the stabilizers!

^ This - crafting boxes have yielded matrices 4 out of the last 4 boxes I've purchased with fleet comms -- and 6 out of the last 7. Change the % in favor of stabs please, so at least I get something I want for the time I spend doing those missions.. and then I won't feel so bad watching Raid 1 leaders (space n00bs) take them all when we're doing TFB :p

If it's full guild run, I don't have a problem with that. I think it's a good thing, that way the guild can prioritize what can/should be those spend on, like hilts and barrels which are hard to come by. Armorings, mods and enhancement can be easily attained by grinding black hole comms.

That being said, it'd be nice of course a way for everybody to get some of those like they were commendations.

Here's the real answer. I have been holding this one back but I'm gonna lay it out since you asked....

(I expect this reply to start some QQ by PvE people when they realize what is about to happen)

You can reverse engineer any PvE OR PvP armoring, mod, or enhancement if they are 26 or 27. This means black hole, as well as war hero gear! You need multiple toons to have the appropriate crafting skills though.

Steps:

On your main toon, spend a few days getting 50-60 black hole comms by doing the daily group finder, and weekly black hole quests.

Buy the cheapest piece of black hole gear. Rip out the armoring, mod, and enhancement. Buy a legacy armor shell and put the mods in it and email it to your other toon who can reverse engineer.

This will give you at the minimum, 3 stabilizers and possibly 6 if you're lucky. So in a nutshell, thats the master plan. Sure it takes a bit to set up if you arent there already, but if you are going for a truely uber account, this is the way to go. And you can also do the dailies on the other toons and pump out even more Stabilizers.

-----------------

In 1.6, war hero pieces cost non-ranked warzone comms. You will be able to buy war hero boots or gloves for like 900 warzone comms. That takes a solid 2-3 hours. But then you just RE the 3 things you pull out, and have 3+ stabs in a few hours of work. Sad part is, the PvP people are better set up to do this than the PvE people are. Hence my opinion on the complaints.

that is what i did and in no time i had hk all geared out. then again i have five fifties for dailies which four i do weeklies, hm and ops for the bh coms.

problem is most people have gone the biochem and or all harvesting crewskill route. now many of these people are just buying MY mats off the gtn which my CREW SKILLS reing make. oh the irony of it all.

By far the easiest (or at least most available) way is to get them from reverse engineering black hole gear. You can get 50 black hole comms in less than a week now, and each pair of boots/gloves will net you 3 or 4 stabilizers if you have the right crew skills. Plus a decent chance to learn schematics and make money off those as well.

I tried the fleet comms route too originally, but after getting 1 Matrix in a box, I just stopped doing that. Worthless item from a week of grinding space missions - no thanks! ;) (My first box had 3 stabilizers in it, so I thought it was a pretty good way to do it, but 4 boxes later I haven't gotten that lucky again)

Edited by Asavrede

Steps:

-----------------

Ohh.... great tip! Thanks =)

Just a question !

You get each time at minimum 1 stabilizer when you re any mods, armoring or sophis. ?

Thanks in advance

Only for 26 (BH/campaign/WarHero) or 27 (Dreadguard/EliteWarHero) stuff. But yes at MINIMUM always 1 stabilizer.

Edited by Bunions

• 2 weeks later...

Steps:

-----------------

yeah, been doing that a while myself. Got a synthweaving toon to 50 to test out REing the gear too. I was able to RE the bracers for 1 stabilizer, but when I got a pair of boots, pulled out all 3 mods, then RE'd that, I got Lost Artifact Fragmentx2....lol? never RE'd the actual clothing from black hole or campaign, so not sure if those yield the same grade 1 arch mats or if they give you stabilizers. The belts/bracers do though, but cost wise, you're probably better off getting a pair of boots for the 3 mods/3 stabilizers for only a few hundred more comms. But yeah, only told my guildies about it, a couple were gonna jump on it, the rest didn't seem to care. Here's hoping bioware won't nerf this. "sorry, gaining molecular stabilizers faster than intended." *raises cost of wh gear back to ranked comms.*

here's hoping the cost of stabilizers will drop a bit, and Really hoping the costs of the mods/armorings/etc. will drop from 2mil each. =P~~ Though, with the crafting mats more readily available, wouldn't be surprised to see more crafters go from "free with your mats!" to "your mats + 1 mil!" Though, from what I've seen on the market, stabilizers are still going for around 200-250k.

Ultimately though, while purist pvers may qq, it's a lot more fair for people who Only pvp and don't do pve content at all, allows them to make the same amount of credits that pvers make from running ops (and now hms) and getting bh comms out the eyeballs to buy gear to RE for mats, then sell. I mean, really, pvers are literally handed the crafting mats for running sm ec, which is a joke now. more easily attainable mats from REing extra pvp mods/enhancements is a good balance I think.

Though, since the comms are so easy to get from the increase in the gf missions might start queueing on my tanks again, hadn't bothered running any in a couple of months unless a guildie asked me to.