Nim-Buff away, but same life?

My guild was doing Brontes on the PTS without the nightmare power buff and we felt barely a difference. She did deal slightly less damage, but since the adds never had the debuff, they stayed the same, and all one-shot mechanics were as unforgiving as on live. All the people saying this would be like HM after the nerf obviously never tested it themselves on the PTS. :rak_01:

Well from our DF NiM run today its: Same health, but less damage.

We missed an Affliction on Draxus and healed through that. That would have been a wipe last week.

Grob is pretty annoying now: The adds have the shield and the health of NiM, but don't die to the fire anymore. :confused:

Well from our DF NiM run today its: Same health, but less damage.

We missed an Affliction on Draxus and healed through that. That would have been a wipe last week.

Grob is pretty annoying now: The adds have the shield and the health of NiM, but don't die to the fire anymore. :confused:

Are the adds still a cause to go "Oh my god they are coming to kill me RUNNNN!!!!!" And run around trying to avoid all melee range of them? Or do they hit more like HM? Never got to test PTS so curious...

Also, does this still mean Draxus is a douche and might need a five Dps strat to kill still? -.-

Edited by ZentheSecond

We 4 dps'ed Draxus when we normally used 5, but as was mentioned damage was easy to manage even through affliction, definitely easier then before.

The Grob'Thok add's hit like they do on HM, but took ages to kill as the fire appeared to do no damage to them after the shield was removed, this caused problems with enrage. If left alone then even their nerfed damage will cause a problem and pose more of a risk when the second pipe-smash blow's them up.

The first two boss's it made sense to me for their HP to remain the same, but if the add's on Grob were suppose to have the same HP then they should be taking more fire damage, one or the other is a bug.

We had DF 4/5 on farm pre-nerf, and Grob was easier IMO.

Edited by -dheco-

Did Fortress Nightmare on 16man with some alts and players outside of our normal raidteam, it has clearly been nerfed seeing how we got like 1k ticks from Nerfra buff (normally like 2-3k), we killed Corruptorrs on Draxus while sometimes not needing two interrupts on any wave, 3rd boss was annoying due to adds not taking damage from the fire. On 4th the adds died really fast even in our current ****** flyby, and middle golden add died before I had finished even one rotation....

Brontes is a whole other story, we got to 25% before we took the first shield, with ppl that has never killed it again and a lot of derping. Nightmare Power is away, and the instance is significantly easier, we got timed run with 20 minutes remaining on the timer. :D

Edited by RikuvonDrake

After 3 hours at Bestia were lag was horrible, targeting was a delight with adds being in melee range but giving us a 'not in range error' and server freeze where we lost our guild tags for a few minutes, we decided to call it and relax in DF NiM.

We were surprised to see the same HP but everything made even more sense when nefra was giving my shadow 50% less dTPS. Due to server awesomeness, our tanks and healers failed an interrupt at draxus and we pretty much healed through the corruption on the final wave. We also had the funkiest move where the final guardian before nuking draxus was facing the gate where the boss usually spawns and knocked back 8 people :D.

At grobthok you need your damage dealers to spec into aoe, at least for 8M, and have one healer go afk unless people decide to take 11 stacks of lava. Nothing hits as hard and my shadow survived without deflection two packs of shielded adds because we were giggling at one point.

Zero on the other hand was perfect compared to previous attempts. No ifs, no bugs, no coconuts but Brontes with 30 mins to spare proved that TOFN lag and resilience do no mix. I took a ball to the knee because I failed to activate resilience due to latency but we killed easily and had 13% HP on her while going to the second shield.

My guild was doing Brontes on the PTS without the nightmare power buff and we felt barely a difference. She did deal slightly less damage, but since the adds never had the debuff, they stayed the same, and all one-shot mechanics were as unforgiving as on live. All the people saying this would be like HM after the nerf obviously never tested it themselves on the PTS. :rak_01:

All of the adds on brontes had the nim buff... After 1000 pulls I know this to be a fact.

The change to Grob is interesting, and part of me isn't sure I want them to change it unless they're gonna hulk out the adds again. Before of course the challenge was to get the adds controlled (usually via Awe, Grenade, or Scoundrel Flash Bang) or otherwise kited by the tank most recently roared, and then set on fire ASAP and knocked the hell away from everyone.

This change takes some of the pressure off the tanks, which was probably needed since 90% of the fight was on them anyway, but now you actually have to deal with the adds before they overwhelm you. If they change the fire back to killing them quickly, but leave them hitting like tiny children the way they do now, the fight is going to become an absolute joke. The idea behind the nightmare power buff was the damage and health levels would go down (and I'm fine if only one of those goes down btw) but the mechanics stay in place. With Grob'thok, the biggest mechanic was the adds themselves. The removal of the nightmare power buff took away all their damage. Making the fire kill them too will pretty much just remove them as a mechanic since setting them on fire isn't all that hard when they can't 2 shot any one who gets close.

I know it's not "true nightmare" now that the buff has been removed, but still requiring DPS to get the adds down (with 120k health in 16 man btw) keeps the fight interesting.

Edited by ArchangelLBC

Sooo....

How exactly should the Grob adds be handled now? Similar to HM? The tank with aggro just kites them into the fire and then bring'em to Grob for AoE? Or let a double Smash handle them? I do wonder if the new NiM strat will be involve using 2 Smashes if the adds get a little out of hand.. Like one of our pulls yesterday we had roughly 5-9 adds up at once... A double Smash woulda been great but the tanks were way to quick with the movement of Grob and such.

Oversight: NM DF bosses still have same HP | 06.17.2014, 07:22 PM

(Quote)Hey folks,

I spoke with the team regarding this, and the health of the bosses in NiM Dread Fortress being left at Nightmare values after the removal of Nightmare Power was intentional. There was some feedback regarding the reversion to Hard Mode values and so the HP was left unchanged.

The removal of Nightmare Power does still lower the damage dealt by the bosses.

-tait// (Quote)

Working as intended and let me be the first to say thank you Bioware for at least giving us this. My team and I were not at the level to complete NiM Dread Fortress while the buff was active, and we were pretty disappointed at not being able to challenge ourselves the same as the teams that completed it pre-nerf, the title was not important to us since that was for the teams that were ready and kicked ***. So, even though the damage output by the bosses has become less, their health and mechanics are the same as under nim power, and if ya think that that is a bad thing, sorry, but most of us want a challenge not just easy gear. (though to be honest, our raid leader has done 4/5 with the nim buff and when we went last night to farm nefra, we moved on to draxus and got pretty far for a team that had never done it before, so it is sufficiently easier, I would imagine). So thanks to everyone at Bio who heard us at least a little bit and left us guys that were behind in the progression race a little something more then HM with NiM mechanics.