Does RG face pillars much?

StarveTheEgo

How many games have yall had with eachother? Just curious.

Lets put it like this... the only boys we have a desire to queue against is RG and I say that with much respect to all the other guilds out there. If Revelation comes back then they would be in that mix (those were some of the most epic games I ever played as a tank).

There are many guilds that have the capability to be great teams but they need work or are missing that special something (maybe RG, Pillars, Revelation have too many arenas/ranked 8v8s/regs under their belt). I expect great things from Postmortem but they need a solid tank and/or healer. I'll say this LOUDLY, you are wasting an amazing DPS in VPS by making him heal or tank. That is not to diminish his ability as tank or heals but name me another operative dps that can do what he does.... DO NOT name a player that does not play anymore.

Edit: To answer your questions Going, we haven't faced each other much as of lately. We've only faced each other like 2 nights in the past two or three weeks. What happens... well maybe Bioware needs to add a spectator mode to arenas..... wouldn't that be "innovative".

Edited by Iolus

13ish in the past 2 weeks i think

We've have had more... if you include day 1 of season 1 but that number is correct as of lately. Lets keep them going... but finish those raids earlier in the week because Friday and Saturday are going out days for me. Oh and I chase carrots with Republic Sentinels on Tuesdays.

You two are most definitely the best teams on this server as of right meow.... quite a few unicorns are making their way back to this server from what i heard last night sooo hopefully them boys get a team going. Itd be a waste to not :/

Same with nemesis.. Some really good players on this server. If they just got some teams going there would be alot more comp on this server. Me and fres are trying to get a team going.....so at some point you may see us.

Pretty much everything Iolus said i agree with. The games are generally pretty even and it seems to go back and forth.

Also yeah I would ideally liek to see myself done with raids on wed of a new lockout week, but you know how it goes sometimes and you need to finish up 1 or 2 bosses another day.

You two are most definitely the best teams on this server as of right meow.... quite a few unicorns are making their way back to this server from what i heard last night sooo hopefully them boys get a team going. Itd be a waste to not :/

Same with nemesis.. Some really good players on this server. If they just got some teams going there would be alot more comp on this server. Me and fres are trying to get a team going.....so at some point you may see us.

lmfao. yeahokaylol.

Edited by yeahokaylol

(maybe RG, Pillars, Revelation have too many arenas/ranked 8v8s/regs under their belt).

I am not looking to start anything, but lets not revise history. Pillars are top dogs in arena now, but you never had a 8v8 presence. I don't remember RG ever playing 8v8, they were always a top PVE guild, who had a few guys that PvP'd on the side. Revelation played 8v8 when they were Bad Rep on the pub side, and maybe a bit on imp side at the end. But lets not pretend that Pillars and RG are long standing PvP powerhouse guilds.

I would say Pillars is a good example of how a guild gets better by playing. You took your lumps in PvP for a while, stayed with it and have gotten very good.

Like I said, I am not looking to start anything. My guild PD has not had a PvP presence on the server for almost a year. Just want to keep everyone honest here.

Cheers,

Hobi

Prime Defense

We never had 8 people to play ranked in RG and the only people I played with was Final Chapter a little bit at the start of 8v8, who were a group of the best original PvPers on pub side basically. If you mean powerhouse 8v8 ranked then no we weren't, but before that when it was just regs we always performed at a high level. To be honest I couldn't give 2 ***** who people think are the best as long as they queue up and play. There are plenty of people who COULD be queuing they just don't want to step into the arena and insist on reg stomping with their premades.

Regardless of that nostalgia trip I hope to see pillars, and everyone else who plays, in arena again soon so we can keep having some fun hard nosed fights.

Yeah to expand what Sylvand said, we played maybe 5 8v8 games as a guild since I have been in RG (August 2012). My personal 8v8 experience in the kickball or guild usually revolved around sitting at a node for 15-20 minutes while listening to what was going on in vent or w/e and it made me pretty much hate 8v8's. Some people may have enjoyed afking at a node to get their rating, but meh I have always been of the school of thought that I can do more than afking at a node or ninjaing a node on my shadow.

/end 8v8 hate rant

Anyway I look forward to playing more teams in arenas since the games are pretty much always a good time.

My personal 8v8 experience in the kickball or guild usually revolved around sitting at a node for 15-20 minutes while listening to what was going on in vent or w/e and it made me pretty much hate 8v8's. Some people may have enjoyed afking at a node to get their rating, but meh I have always been of the school of thought that I can do more than afking at a node or ninjaing a node on my shadow.

#Stealthclassproblems

XD

I am not looking to start anything, but lets not revise history. Pillars are top dogs in arena now, but you never had a 8v8 presence. I don't remember RG ever playing 8v8, they were always a top PVE guild, who had a few guys that PvP'd on the side. Revelation played 8v8 when they were Bad Rep on the pub side, and maybe a bit on imp side at the end. But lets not pretend that Pillars and RG are long standing PvP powerhouse guilds.

I would say Pillars is a good example of how a guild gets better by playing. You took your lumps in PvP for a while, stayed with it and have gotten very good.

Like I said, I am not looking to start anything. My guild PD has not had a PvP presence on the server for almost a year. Just want to keep everyone honest here.

Cheers,

Hobi

Prime Defense

Actually,

Pillars DID have a 8v8 presence - I was the PvP officer for Pilars when 8v8 ranked first came out (this was prior to the second round of server merges to Jedi Covenant). We played every week vs. LD50, Watchmen, Infidels, and a host of other guilds on Canderous Ordo. After the merges to JC we faced in addition to the aforementioned teams Uncensored, Assimilation/Virtus/B30, CP, PD, RG, and anyone else I forgot. While LD50 was clearly better than we were, we did win against them once in a while. Uncensored we ended up 50/50 against, those were great matches. Every other guild we faced we either beat or were at least as good. We did stop doing 8v8s after it was clear that LD50 stole every half-good-or-better PvPer on the server such that they were able to queue against themselves, and that the only guild capable of beating them was Uncensored. By then no other guilds were queuing (regularly) anymore either.

We had about 100 ranked games played by the time 8v8s were phased out of the game.

But yes you're right, Pillars was never a hardcore PvP guild, never in the mission statement. It's pretty much the most carebear guild you'll ever find. It just happened to have a small collection of very good pvp players and a decent-enough supporting cast to form a competitive 8s ranked team weekly, which was rather unusual.

Edited by Underpowered

(maybe RG, Pillars, Revelation have too many arenas/ranked 8v8s/regs under their belt).

Cheers,

Hobi

Prime Defense

Let us be honest.... you are wrong about Pillars of Ashla's pvp history. Dany clarified your statements but if you go and look at Iolus you'll see that toon is wearing the "Warzone Annihilator" title and I didn't get it from doing kickball. I had an 1800 rating before I left the game on Canderous Ordo and if someone says Pillars didn't do 8v8s they are clearly misinformed. When I came back to the game all my toons were transferred to JC. and found a lot of the ranked pvp players from pillars had left the game by the time I came back.

Right now there are only 3 in Pillars and an ex-member who are serious about pvp while the rest are casual players who mainly pve. The 4 of us didn't take our lumps for a while and got better with time..... We gave lumps back in Juyo and Canderous Ordo and seem to be giving a lot more on this server.

Sorry Hobi but you are wrong about Pillars and I was wrong to say Revelation and RG did 8v8 ranked. W/e the case may be we can stay on the past or focus on the present and in the present day I do know you only need 4 to queue and 8 to mingle.

Edited by Iolus

Let us be honest.... you are wrong about Pillars of Ashla's pvp history. Dany clarified your statements but if you go and look at Iolus you'll see that toon is wearing the "Warzone Annihilator" title and I didn't get it from doing kickball. I had an 1800 rating before I left the game on Canderous Ordo and if someone says Pillars didn't do 8v8s they are clearly misinformed. When I came back to the game all my toons were transferred to JC. and found a lot of the ranked pvp players from pillars had left the game by the time I came back.

Right now there are only 3 in Pillars and an ex-member who are serious about pvp while the rest are casual players who mainly pve. The 4 of us didn't take our lumps for a while and got better with time..... We gave lumps back in Juyo and Canderous Ordo and seem to be giving a lot more on this server.

Sorry Hobi but you are wrong about Pillars and I was wrong to say Revelation and RG did 8v8 ranked. W/e the case may be we can stay on the past or focus on the present and in the present day I do know you only need 4 to queue and 8 to mingle.

Maybe for Revelation you were wrong but RG did do some team ranked. Although it was not proclaimed we still did 8v8s. We weren't the best because we almost never had 8 people we wanted on one team. We never continued to do ranked after the way we lost to LD50 which was them waiting in the endzone for 4 minutes in huttball. We basically all decided it was meaningless due to how we all play which is kinda red is dead and not as objective focused.

I guess I was wrong. I was not on Canderous Ordo, and I don't claim to know what the PvP community looked like there. I was just going off what I knew from JC. And before 4v4's came out Pillars did not have a PvP reputation here. If anything they had a bad one from Ashes posting videos on the forums, which showed Pillars premades getting beat by pugs (none of your current team members are in the video). When you became a top team on the server, with the Pillars tag it surprised people. It was not well known that there was talent sitting in the guild.

Look I am not trying to get in a flame war here. I just noticed that comment where you said that the three top teams had a lot of knowledge and success from 8v8 which gave you that special something. From what I knew of those guilds on JC the only team that played ranked with success was Revelation when they were Bad Rep.

I have not played much lately, and I think I might start playing more. It would be good to get a team together. I will see what I can do.

Cheers,

Hobi

PD

P.S I know your Red=Dead philosophy Fus, I remember doing flashpoints with you on KV......

I guess I was wrong. I was not on Canderous Ordo, and I don't claim to know what the PvP community looked like there. I was just going off what I knew from JC. And before 4v4's came out Pillars did not have a PvP reputation here. If anything they had a bad one from Ashes posting videos on the forums, which showed Pillars premades getting beat by pugs (none of your current team members are in the video). When you became a top team on the server, with the Pillars tag it surprised people. It was not well known that there was talent sitting in the guild.

Look I am not trying to get in a flame war here. I just noticed that comment where you said that the three top teams had a lot of knowledge and success from 8v8 which gave you that special something. From what I knew of those guilds on JC the only team that played ranked with success was Revelation when they were Bad Rep.

I have not played much lately, and I think I might start playing more. It would be good to get a team together. I will see what I can do.

Cheers,

Hobi

PD

P.S I know your Red=Dead philosophy Fus, I remember doing flashpoints with you on KV......

No flame here just clarifying. I will continue to say it takes 4 to queue and 8 to mingle.

RG queue'd 8v8 on CO. they had some terrible comps (multiple mandos) cuz they were pretty obviously just playing the toons they had. and considering that, they did well. at least I was impressed that they did as well as they did with multiple mandos (at least one was dpsing, maybe two?).

I don't remember facing pillars while I was on BL, but the BL story is similar to Dany's description. We lost Lannik and Tauzo to RL and never really recovered. Then by the JC period, it was impossible to hold onto players long enough to develop synergy. even wooky and banksy followed inmortal over to LD50 for a while.

Edited by foxmob

RG queue'd 8v8 on CO. they had some terrible comps (multiple mandos) cuz they were pretty obviously just playing the toons they had. and considering that, they did well. at least I was impressed that they did as well as they did with multiple mandos (at least one was dpsing, maybe two?).

I don't remember facing pillars while I was on BL, but the BL story is similar to Dany's description. We lost Lannik and Tauzo to RL and never really recovered. Then by the JC period, it was impossible to hold onto players long enough to develop synergy. even wooky and banksy followed inmortal over to LD50 for a while.

RG is from Jedi Covenant, but we did run multiple commandos regardless lol

RG is from Jedi Covenant, but we did run multiple commandos regardless lol

oh ****. my bad. I thought tauzo and lannik left before the JC merger, but I vividly remember y'all in a hb. and I spent half the time in mumble muttering about your abundance of mandos...and not being bad. lol

(as I healed -- badly -- on my mando)

Edited by foxmob