How to not do Arena match's?

Chuffed

I have just come back to the game and I really dislike arena style match's. They have no real interest for me as I prefer strategic fights that I normally got previously in scenario's. Why though when I sign up for Warzones do I get 80% arena's and is there any way, for the love of god, to do just scenario's and not select arena's?

I have just come back to the game and I really dislike arena style match's. They have no real interest for me as I prefer strategic fights that I normally got previously in scenario's. Why though when I sign up for Warzones do I get 80% arena's and is there any way, for the love of god, to do just scenario's and not select arena's?

Because some of us like to actually fight from time to time instead of thanklessly guarding a node or playing frisbee. The queue doesn't pop often enough as it is, so I suck it up and play huttball when it pops. Further dividing the queue into arena/wz/huttball categories will only serve to further reduce queue pops, so suck it up and fight when an arena pops. Some of us like to actually, you know, fight...in pvp...Maker forbid.

Currently their is no way to select what types of maps you que up for. Dev reason is as the previous player said, the ques would legnthen during non primetime hours and seperating the ques only enhances the problem.

Ranked limits you to only arenas, but thats about it. I too would like less arena pops, but other than jumping ship their is no way around it currently.

Not sure what the guy before me problem is.

Edited by Haystak

Because some of us like to actually fight from time to time instead of thanklessly guarding a node or playing frisbee. The queue doesn't pop often enough as it is, so I suck it up and play huttball when it pops. Further dividing the queue into arena/wz/huttball categories will only serve to further reduce queue pops, so suck it up and fight when an arena pops. Some of us like to actually, you know, fight...in pvp...Maker forbid.

I am obviously of a different mindset than you. I do not understand the need to force people to do something they do not like in the off chance that they might get to do something they do like. To say that there is no fighting in scenario's compared to arena's is also false. I have longer, more meaningful fights in scenario's while fighting for an objective than just running in and mindlessly killing opponent's . While I accept that both are forms of pvp, something you do not seem to agree with, to say they are not does nothing to justify your stance. Fighting is not necessarily all that pvp is about., it is about competing against others.

I support that people should be able to choose to do what they enjoy, while you seem to think they should not have the choice.

I am obviously of a different mindset than you. I do not understand the need to force people to do something they do not like in the off chance that they might get to do something they do like. To say that there is no fighting in scenario's compared to arena's is also false. I have longer, more meaningful fights in scenario's while fighting for an objective than just running in and mindlessly killing opponent's . While I accept that both are forms of pvp, something you do not seem to agree with, to say they are not does nothing to justify your stance. Fighting is not necessarily all that pvp is about., it is about competing against others.

I support that people should be able to choose to do what they enjoy, while you seem to think they should not have the choice.

Couple things.

I didn't say that there was no fighting in scenarios compared to arenas.

I didn't say that people shouldn't have a choice.

I said that some of us like to be able to forget about guarding nodes or throwing balls and have a fight from time to time. The sarcasm was both impersonal and related to the fact that this is, in fact, player vs. player...literally. If you think that combat is mindless, I invite you to challenge yourself further. I find combat to be a little different each time and exhilarating...whether in a wz or in an arena.

Neither of us need to "justify" our stance. The primary gist of my paragraph, which you seem to have missed while misquoting me, was to say that the queue population does not support separate queues. That part is more fact than opinion and not really up for dispute afaik. We all therefore get a smattering of different flavors. You are welcome to dislike arenas, even if i chuckle a little at your distaste for the purely combat aspect of pvp. But your opinions, and my opinions, do not justify reducing the queue pops for every other pvp player in this game. That's selfish.

I won't ask to opt out of huttball out of respect for those who really like it. My disagreement is with those who think they can ask for an opt out button without affecting the experience of their fellow players. Would it be great if we all had our choice? Sure! But we need a higher population. It's not that we shouldn't be able to choose...it's that we can't.

Couple things.

I didn't say that there was no fighting in scenarios compared to arenas.

I didn't say that people shouldn't have a choice.

I said that some of us like to be able to forget about guarding nodes or throwing balls and have a fight from time to time. The sarcasm was both impersonal and related to the fact that this is, in fact, player vs. player...literally. If you think that combat is mindless, I invite you to challenge yourself further. I find combat to be a little different each time and exhilarating...whether in a wz or in an arena.

Neither of us need to "justify" our stance. The primary gist of my paragraph, which you seem to have missed while misquoting me, was to say that the queue population does not support separate queues. That part is more fact than opinion and not really up for dispute afaik. We all therefore get a smattering of different flavors. You are welcome to dislike arenas, even if i chuckle a little at your distaste for the purely combat aspect of pvp. But your opinions, and my opinions, do not justify reducing the queue pops for every other pvp player in this game. That's selfish.

I won't ask to opt out of huttball out of respect for those who really like it. My disagreement is with those who think they can ask for an opt out button without affecting the experience of their fellow players. Would it be great if we all had our choice? Sure! But we need a higher population. It's not that we shouldn't be able to choose...it's that we can't.

See what a change in attitude can bring...a far more civil response. And yes you did not implicitly state that there was no fighting nor that people should not have a choice...but you sure did imply it. Your posts "attitude" was not just picked up by me but also the poster right after yours. I do not have any "distaste" for combat in pvp, I just prefer my fighting to have a point rather than just killing.

Anyhow, I will agree to disagree. Possibly the population might not be able to support people having choice, but then in my case, and my friends, it is more likely to stop us signing up at all. So I cannot see how driving people away helps fellow players?

If that's the case you should play ranked. There is a reason why the vast majority of players that pvp play unranked, and it is not to play arenas.

For me the problem is the format switches at random. I really would like to learn to do Arenas, and Huttball, as much as I like it, is not exactly helping because you have to switch all the time. Arena imo is a great way to research all sort of combat situations and the class vs class play that will help a whole lot in the objective play, and will prep someone for ranked if they desire to pursue it.

Further, in the 4x4 format, the team play is immediately apparent, and you get to learn the basics. The focus, the guard swap, the healer hiding... you don't know that, well, you are going to be sucking in 8x8 as well, of get carried by the gus who do.

But because the queue is not split, you end up with a very patchy training for ranked. Imo this is really not a great idea for educating the new players.

Edited by DomiSotto

If that's the case you should play ranked. There is a reason why the vast majority of players that pvp play unranked, and it is not to play arenas.

One of my toons is a lvl 24 operative. Explain how i get him in ranked.

And ranked isn't always popping.

Don't make the perfect the enemy of the good.

I'm aware that queue time is the factor here but shouldnt they also factor in quality. Sure, 8 vs 8's can be lopsided but nothing's as lopsided, and easy to arrange, as a trinity setup against 4 pugs dps in arena. That to me is a good enough reason to get rid of it, the population is simply not there to support a gametype where the battle to 95 percent is lost the second one of you team mates die. With 8 vs 8, spawns and objective flips you'll atleast have a chance to turn it around.

And are we going to ignore the ranked numbers? People don't play it because they dislike the gametype. What makes anyone think that people like it more in normals? It's the same horrible gametype, just ten times worse - due to the completely unbalanced rosters. And no, claiming that 8 vs 8 didnt do better is not a valid argument because 8 vs 8 ranked didnt have a solo queue. If they introduced ranked 8 vs 8 solo queue it would become the go-to playlist for a lot of people, something Arena never will be.

Edited by MidichIorian