Favorite thing about the game.

VixenRawR

Yeah, we can go on about things that irritate us, bother us, piss us off. (At least I could!) :D That aside...

What is everyone's favorite thing about this game? Power, Class, Animation? Outfits/Cosmetic?

I'll Go first.

Favorite Class is Operative, love healing, love the laugh. Love the stabbing.

My favorite power would have to be either flamesweep on my pt (The laugh!) or suckerpunch, the shameful sound of being slapped around.

Animation..honestly flamesweep it's really grown on me as a PT tank, just the woosh, woosh, woosh in circles. I like it.

As for anything cosmetic: Pigtails are awesome, Satele shans boots of course!

Well that's it!

No complaints with those!

Yeah, we can go on about things that irritate us, bother us, piss us off. (At least I could!) :D That aside...

What is everyone's favorite thing about this game? Power, Class, Animation? Outfits/Cosmetic?

I'll Go first.

Favorite Class is Operative, love healing, love the laugh. Love the stabbing.

My favorite power would have to be either flamesweep on my pt (The laugh!) or suckerpunch, the shameful sound of being slapped around.

Animation..honestly flamesweep it's really grown on me as a PT tank, just the woosh, woosh, woosh in circles. I like it.

As for anything cosmetic: Pigtails are awesome, Satele shans boots of course!

Well that's it!

No complaints with those!

I like competitive pvp. Close matches.

Edited by DethlaHadyn

I like competitive pvp. Close matches.

Yeah me too, being slaughtered or slaughtering is no fun, I like balanced matches with everyone focusing on the win. Those ones always leave memories. (Unless you leap and fall through the map with the ball).

Huttball. and I don't mean the Quesh map.

The original map is pure genius in the simplicity and fun: The music. The fire traps and acid pits. Baron Deathmark talking smack. Kicking the ball and getting chewed out for it. Destroying someone inches from the goal line.

It's pure genius, nothing else in any other game even compares. When I quit playing, I actually miss this one map. Damn Bioware for doing this to me.

- Huttball - Complete brilliance.

- Close warzone matches - As said before. If Huttball and this is combined... amazing

- Operative Lethality - Really fun spec

- Story - Not PvP related but had to mention, really had a blast with some stories.

what i love

- i love when the game called me INVICIBLE on the screen

- knocking people on the bridge in voidstar or knocking people out during hypergates explosion and they died

- pull teammates to goal line

- win 1 vs 1 and kill them

- i like arena type setting when i got most killing blows and win

-most dps and most killing blows in scoreboard (ok ok i admit sometime i dont play objectives)

-pull enemy in voidstar star bridge so they drop to their death or pushing them to their deaths

and no i am not a psycopath

what i dont like

- lose either warzone or rating (rank pvp)

- get farmed is not fun for me :p

and did i say lose suck? oh yes i dont like losing

this is my first mmo and i love the pvp aspect in this game , animation is super cool

Edited by KumbayaGOD

To be honest, I like the idea behind strongholds. A bit limited in item placement (miss the old SWG housing). I do wish they would give us priority daily terminals in the stronholds though. I really hate going to fleet just long enough to access one.

My fave class is deception assassin, even when it sucked/sucks. I love the voltaic slash, discharge, ball lightning, and soon to come 30m low slash animations.

I love the female giggle on bh. Its honestly the only reason I started playing pyro in the old days when pyro was pyro not ap.

I love when I get to farm 15k+ crits on undergeared players in warzones.

I love it even more when I steal the off node in novare coast and the same guy I killed keeps coming back so I get to farm solo kills.

And more than anything, I love the way the inquisitor voice sounds with Malaks jaw casing :p

what i love

- i love when the game called me INVICIBLE on the screen

- knocking people on the bridge in voidstar or knocking people out during hypergates explosion and they died

- pull teammates to goal line

- win 1 vs 1 and kill them

- i like arena type setting when i got most killing blows and win

-most dps and most killing blows in scoreboard (ok ok i admit sometime i dont play objectives)

-pull enemy in voidstar star bridge so they drop to their death or pushing them to their deaths

and no i am not a psycopath

what i dont like

- lose either warzone or rating (rank pvp)

- get farmed is not fun for me :p

and did i say lose suck? oh yes i dont like losing

this is my first mmo and i love the pvp aspect in this game , animation is super cool

Ohhhh, yes! I love, absolutely love knocking people off bridges, luring people out, anything. I have knocked so many people off bridges that if people see me waiting they turn around and go to the other side. I have forced maraurders to use camo just to cross in peace *I usually time it and knock em off anyways*. Great stuff. =)

Force Pull and Huttball and Electric Bindings, these are a few of my favorite things~

Things that make me go >:) include:

-Operative healer. The giggle, the probes, the roll, the gameplay. All good stuff.

-Assassin. So much love for Overload and the rest of the toolkit that I can live without the giggle.

-Them feels when...

--Landing dat perfect dotspread on the whole enemy team. So beautiful.

--I sap cap. Especially in ACW, because with an 8 sec cap time it must be PERFECT.

--I push the ball carrier into fire/acid. Bonus points when half his team ends up in there with him.

--I unstealth for the pass, and no one can react fast enough to stop me.

--My guildmate and I win queshball in three minutes.

--The barrier drops RIGHT before the plant and I get off a force speed + death field to stop it.

--The other team walks too close to the edge in the bridge room in VS.

--I make someone just watch a bomb plant, with either root, stun, or mezz depending on circumstances.

--Deciding a game against a team with lots of 55+ as a level 40-

There are many, more but I'm at work right now, and can't log in anyway because Comcast sucks.

I love operatives. Everything about them is fun.

I love the guard mechanic in this game...its so powerful.

I love killing someone an inch away from the medpac.

I love trolling people with sleep dart.

I love knocking people off the bridge in voidstar.

I love full length voidstars where both teams are really on top of things.

I will think of some more later.

For me, my fav thing is also thing thing that i despise the most... the people.

There are those i like, and those i respect as players (not the same thing by the way). Some I enjoy playing with, friends, even opponents that put up tough fights... they are why i play an online game. I don't take it seriously, its a game.... even back when i did competitive PvP in this or any other games It was and always will be a game. I play to have fun, its social escapism. To those people i say thank you for making the experience what it is.

Alas the dregs of said society are also what makes it far less enjoyable at times, but ill leave that for another thread. :)

Solo ranked queue. Just the concept. Don't need a team to queue, just queue up whenever.

Best of three arenas.

Huttball. Unique to swtor. Fun when everyone's trying and teams are even.

Single target taunting. Endless skill cap. A good way to determine the good from the bad players with how they use their single target taunt.

I love operatives. Everything about them is fun.

I love the guard mechanic in this game...its so powerful.

I love killing someone an inch away from the medpac.

I love trolling people with sleep dart.

I love knocking people off the bridge in voidstar.

I love full length voidstars where both teams are really on top of things.

I will think of some more later.

Apparently we do agree on a lot of things :p

Add sap capping and the sneaky silence of volatile substance to your list for me and I'm good.

Solo ranked queue. Just the concept. Don't need a team to queue, just queue up whenever.

Best of three arenas.

This. I don't have a lot of time to play after work so I love just getting on and doing a few solo games. It's pretty relaxed and fun. And best of threes is wonderful - I've watched so many games where one team got stomped and then they came back for the upset.

Kudos on the thread. I wanted to make one of these but just never got around to it. There's a lot of negativity on this board, but it's only because some of us legitimately have fun with the game and want to see/help make it better.

Edited by TheJollyRogers

Fav thing.

The animations. No game has ever had anything like master strike in it, let alone the various other abilities with its own animation. Usually they just change the color a a cirle with a symbol in it and call it good. This game, you can pretty much tell what ability is used by the animation that comes with it.

Character gear Customization: How many game do you see where practically everyone has almost a unique look to them. This game trumps all other MMOs in terms of variance, except is a very few places, this game is better overall for making your toon look and feel unique.

Overall the engine is amazing for customization, but I guess that is also the reason for its down fall, it sucks at rendering many things at once, which hurts it with large battles.

Edited by Haystak

PvP:

Excitement: the moment a warzone pops, everything is possible.

Excellence: watching someone really skillful play is a pure joy

Dynamic nature: it’s never the same script

Human factor: rivalry and camaraderie in a compressed format

Smarty-pants: there are some moves just don’t grow old, like stunning someone in the fire trap or blowing off the bridge

As for the game as a whole, not just PvP: the infinite combination of choices in classes, species, gender and stories + playing with other people (it’s my first MMO, so it’s still new).

Playstyle, this is the one thing I enjoy about this game. I know so many people who go on, and on, and on about rotation and getting the best dps and yes, your rotation will put out the dps, but it can be predictable and a loss. If you can predict rotations, or see people using attacks in order, you can time that dodge, that saber reflect, that escape, phasewalk, sequence heals, or los, and in the end you will have more or less dmg cause not everyone will be able to put up those defensive barriers...

However...as someone stated earlier, human factor, if I try to wittle a healer down and I know it always runs as I try burst it down then I try something new. I build up for large attacks but just use small crap, even if it means I could have gotten 2 large hits off in that time I don't rush it, if I start putting in HUGE numbers they chicken out, but sometimes they get complacent then BAM you are hitting 3 big hits in arow and they are panicking ...but to late. :D

Sometimes I like messing with people, one time in arena I was fighting a sage, I leaped, used smash (Pre 3.0), force push, leap, ravage, choke force crush, smash, the sorc literally was cc'd the majority of the fight and the only thing it got to do was pop bubble and it died. I enjoy leap, smash, push leap a lot. A lot of people don't expect push to be the opener to your attack but I like pushing them away from their friends to finish them off, plus everyone hates being leaped on. xD

But yeah I enjoy other things, like mind trapping people. Watching sages hit force speed but instead of losing me, hiding, or running in a line opposite of me, they sort of do a haphazard loop around me the whole while within 4-10m so I can hit them on any class. What were you trying to do?!

Voidstar bridges....genius, whoever made that warzone did something right. It's so fun. Offensive especially.

Another thing that is fun in 4 v 4, leave the healer alive and kill everyone off, just to shame them. I guess it's mean but nothing worse as a healer who says "I got ganked" and then their team died. Is the one who didn't even get a single focus and their team still died...its like....all on you...all on you *evil grin*

OOOH right another thing I enjoy, on my scoundrel, when my team gets wiped in 4 v 4 and I am in stealth people think I am another troll but I sneak up to them and hit surrender, the sound my character makes as a bunch of money hits the ground is priceless. xD Love it.

Another thing that is fun and I only have done it a few times, is someone is at mid in hypergate healing away, spamming storm, then a sin tank, or pt uses pull and yanks them out of mid, and of course in panic they hit force speed, but you are 30m away from the last person who used pull and you activate your pull, pulling them even further away. Now suddenly the are far behind enemy lines and their force speed is exhausted, now all they have left is barrier as a team of angry players circle around you like sharks waiting for their revenge. tick...tick..tick. =)

Anyways I typed to much. Fun stuff.