BW, Ruining one class after another...

Kithicur

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=363724&page=75

Really, Really? This is the BEST you can do to overcome you're inability to understand even the most basic concepts of balancing PvP? You're solution is essentially mediocrity... Make every class bland and hollow shells that essentially have little distinction from one to the other. Taking away key, class defining abilities, (Assassins) or sundering an entire class (operatives).

I really expected more from Bioware but when I read statements like this I should not be surprised.

Georg Zoeller:

"We have very measurable statistics that tell us if people lose a certain number of Warzones in a row being stun locked by a team of Operatives, then that might be part of that, and they will be not as likely to re-subscribe.

Let's be clear, ruining an entire class and player experience for not just one but multiple classes will most certainly not protect your precious subscription income. You have competition in the form of Guild Wars 2, Secret World, Tera, and though not an MMO to a lesser extent Diablo 3. Therefor, you're not really in a position to be slathering your player base in an ugly malaise of bland and mediocre game play.

Stop being so narrow minded and thinking you can balance every single class from a 1v1 perspective, it doesn't work.

Cant wait to play my new bodyguard merc... I love to get my 2 heals done and sit back for 5 seconds waiting to get my heat down to 40 again. I should reroll sorc, because I love my op shield and my aoe 5k heal.

Im one of Bioware's biggest critics, but these are actually two changes I agree with.

You guys railing on about stunlock obviously havent been stunlocked that many times, with your character basically picking his nose unable to do anything for 8 seconds while an OP takes down your entire health bar and your abilities are blacked out. Its nowhere CLOSE to being fun or something that should stand as is.

Also- they NEEDED to nerf Merc healing. There's too many mercs that were nigh unkillable that would sit there and laugh at two people beating on them while they just spam healed. These changes were for the good of the PvP game, for a change.

Now Sorcs on the other hand.....

Edited by Valant

Im one of Bioware's biggest critics, but these are actually two changes I agree with.

You guys railing on about stunlock obviously havent been stunlocked that many times, with your character basically picking his nose unable to do anything for 8 seconds while an OP takes down your entire health bar and your abilities are blacked out. Its nowhere CLOSE to being fun or something that should stand as is.

Also- they NEEDED to nerf Merc healing. There's too many mercs that were nigh unkillable that would sit there and laugh at two people beating on them while they just spam healed. These changes were for the good of the PvP game, for a change.

I will raise my guilty hand as a Merc healer. Many times I would be sitting there with more then 2 people beating on me and just heal through it. Eventually they give up and run off or I would lead them to an edge and just blow them off either in hutt ball or voidstar.

I love how Sorcs say that merc nerf was needed and cry about their own nerf. Truthfully yes, mercs was a hard nut to crack in PvP, but this often invovled using cooldowns that are available once every 2 minutes. If more than 5% of the playerbase knew that heals could be interrupted it would be an entirely different story.

Sorcs was the strongest healer 1.1 and still seems to be the strongest healer in 1.2, i don't see why they feel to ***** about be slightly more conservative about their force. Its not its as bad hit as Mercs who can use 2 heals and then wait unless he wants to go out of ammo.

I love the "team of operatives" thing. Operatives are apparently overpowered when they gang up on you 8 to 1. Name a class that isn't?

Your credibility is shot. An operative can't stun you for 8 seconds.

Pro-tip: if you're going to pull out the L2P argument, make sure your data is actually real.

Edited by Caelrie

If your actually good at what you do and try with a considerable amount of effort, you wouldn't care about nerfs because you could adapt.

Every class gets nerfed/buffed in mmo's, its just the truth. It's never going to end, and I found that the only way to be happy with it was to adapt, and try my hardest, I became a better player and generally more happy with the game after that.

If your really so unwilling to try and bare it out for one patch, maybe you should reroll to a class you would prefer?

This is why you don't see people who are actually good complaining all the time, they adapt and get good with whatever they have. Only when teammates don't put in as much effort could you see them getting mad.

Edited by TheLonelyTusken

Sorcs was the strongest healer 1.1 and still seems to be the strongest healer in 1.2, i don't see why they feel to ***** about be slightly more conservative about their force. Its not its as bad hit as Mercs who can use 2 heals and then wait unless he wants to go out of ammo.

the only reason sorc was strongest because of a BUG. Read up on it.

The bug has been fixed, AND IN ADDITION sorc healing was nerfed. So the thing that made sorc healing op was resolved, then sorc healing got hit again with the nerf bat for good measure, because that's "balance."

The truth is that everything was nerfed across the board, save for buffs to sent/mara. New pvp premades will be melee train sent/mara with op/sc healers behind them.

Hope you guys like your new game.

This is why you don't see people who are actually good complaining all the time

So everyone on PTS questioning the changes are bads? K.

Edited by XenonParsec

If your really so unwilling to try and bare it out for one patch, maybe you should reroll to a class you would prefer?

It isn't one patch. Operatives have been nerfed every patch. The top players of the class are finally rerolling.

I think people are not angry at the nerfing so much as to how they decided to nerf. With the way they are doing it. A team of healers could face roll a player, causing them to unsubscribe. A team of snipers could coordinate ambush on a target and get them from 100%-0 in like one gcd.

My point is, balancing to try to retain the casuals that rage quit because they lost a game, or can't kill the boss to get the crystal, or can't afford that speeder, or can't time interrupts, etc. will result in alienating the more dedicated crowd which actually sticks with an mmo they like.

How many of you would like to compete in sports, only to have to wear lead weights because the guy with down syndrome keeps getting beat.

It isn't one patch. Operatives have been nerfed every patch. The top players of the class are finally rerolling.

I have a operative battlemaster, I do well. It isn't the best class, but it's not impossible to be good with, it's my second favorite next to Marauder.

And no, they haven't been nerfed every single patch, in the beginning they were pretty op, and even now I have enough utility to survive any encounter, and a boat load of stuns and cc's.

I really don't understand why people just hop on the forums when they see nerfs to complain, instead of trying harder to improve. Every mmo is unbalanced, that's just how it is, and it's not going to change. You can go to any other mmo, even WoW which has been out for almost 8 years and see the same stuff. The best thing to do is just go with the punches and try your best to improve.

Edited by TheLonelyTusken

Hello everyone,

We're know that a lot of players want to discuss the changes in Game Update 1.2 but are asking that conversation in the General Discussion forum be kept to this thread. Should you wish to discuss a specific topic in detail please use the Public Test Server forum or the appropriate sub-forum elsewhere.

Thanks for understanding. We look forward to seeing you on the test server!