Unpopular Crafting Fix Suggestion

Dakotahorn

Dear Devs:

I will be the first one to admit two things...

1.) I have a tendency to be an obsessive Min/Maxer

2.) What I am about to suggest will most likely be unpopular

I don't think I am alone in the thinking that your clever crafting system (which I actually like) has become completely unbalanced to favor the crew skill Biochem.

****Real quick this is a disclaimer **** I am basing the fact that I person can use Rakata Medpaks in PvP solely off of asking, as I have rerolled too many toons to have one at 50 yet.

Here is the problem: The end recipes on the Biochem tree are literally impossible to skip on any character that the controlling player wishes to PvP with. A player who owns the Rakata Medpak & Stimplants has a clear advantage over one who does not.

The reason I find this distasteful is that I was actually enjoying my time with Armormech. Yes, I know towards the end of the game I have the option of simply purchasing gear that is extremely close if not better than what I would be able to craft with my Skill. But I was really having a blast, I had it up to close to 200 with over 15 Artifact recipes discovered.

However, I deleted it. 100% gone. Why? Because as soon as I discovered the advantage that Biochem could offer to my end product I realized it was pointless not to switch over to Biochem.

You (TOR Devs) have created a really fun crafting system that kept me entertained looking for new recipes and hunting down resources I could gather. But now all of that is gone. Let's take a quick look at why people would choose Armormech/Armstech/Sythweaving/Artifice....

1.) To have while they are currently leveling the characters

2.) To use to gear up Alts while they are leveling

3.) Profit

So now that i had to kill my 200 point Armormech.... I cannot continue to use while I level. I cannot make profit on Artifact armors, and if EVERYONE goes with Biochem, what profit is there to be made.... OR I can roll my Biochem all the way up, make myself Rakatas and then start back over with Armormech.... But whats the point? by then I really will be too far away for the skill that I would prefer to use to make any sort of a difference...

SOOOO here is the suggestion.

Either:

1.) Find a way to bind Rakatas to the ACCOUNT! (If I could roll one toon dedicated to Biochem and not all of them, I would find this acceptable)

OR

2.) Allow Rakatas to be used in Raids and other PvE, But NOT PvP (Please don't make crafting such a pointless part of the game that everyone HAS to crank out Biochem before switching to the crew skill they would have had the most fun with)

No, I am not going to threaten to leave in some ridiculous tantrum....

Yes, I will get flamed... ok

Yes, people will bring up WoW for some reason...ok sure

But this is my personal 2 fixes to the crafting system.

Thanks!

BTW, we have GOT to have a forum search.... just saying