Best Solo Class?

Spagetto

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sage was the "easiest" Republic solo class for me personally in beta. I don't know if that makes it the "best", but I had a LOT of fun with it. The pace can be slow depending on how you play it. In beta I found this class to have the highest occurrence of other PCs joining in my fights (either accidentally or intentionally). Some times they'd be like "looked like you could use some help", and I'd be "well that fight took a long time but neither health bar ever went below 90% so it wasn't like I was in any danger;) Plus I was eating supper at the same time.". Actually made some friends that way. Doesn't bother me but I mention it because lots of other players told me that kind of thing bothers them. So if you roll a sage and play at a leisurely pace I'd expect these things to happen.

Pretty much anyone can solo regular content with ease. Heroic+2 is a little stickier, but doable if you are careful, but only up to about level 18 or so... gets a lot more difficult to solo Heroic+2 after that.

I was able to solo Heroic+2 with Vanguard and Aric by having Aric engage first and us dpsing down the weak enemies first. Then I would taunt the mobs off him and tank the rest while he dpsed them down.

Jedi Sage for Republic and Bounty Hunter of either AC for Empire. You want a combination of a tank/dps and heals as quickly as possible. Sage can heal and their first companion is a tank. BH can tank or DPS and their first companion is a healer.

Any class is fine though. It's not like one is WAY better than the other, it's really only the early game where there's an obvious advantage for classes with good starter companions like Mako and Qyzen Fess.

commando all the way bro, best class for solo and yes I have played them all

While the Commando is AMAZING for soloing random groups of weak enemies because they have such ridiculous AoE damage, they really struggle with ranged Elites until L18+. Aric Jorgan is easily the worst starting companion in the game. I guess if you go Medic, it's super easy, but it would also be extremely slow.

My main is a Commando, currently level 19.

Edited by MetallicaRulez

While the Commando is AMAZING for soloing random groups of weak enemies because they have such ridiculous AoE damage, they really struggle with ranged Elites until L18+. Aric Jorgan is easily the worst starting companion in the game. I guess if you go Medic, it's super easy, but it would also be extremely slow.

My main is a Commando, currently level 19.

I don't remember having problems with elites during stress test beta and I made it to level 18...did something change?

I let Aric attack first and then we killed the elite before Aric passed out...or shortly after he fell.

Yeah any class can solo just fine really. Personally I leveled a pure DPS Gunslinger to 50 multiple times throughout the beta and everytime I solely used a DPS companion while doing so. Never used a healing or tank companion, and I soloed Heroic 2's, some 4's, and even multiple boss quality mobs my entire way to 50.

Most classes/AC's in beta were pretty easy button IMO with the exception being Sentinel/Marauder.

Both were still pretty easy to solo up to the mid levels, they just required more effort and yielded lesser results than any other AC.

Edited by DizzD

All of the classes are relatively viable for soloing, so really personal preference is the most important factor.

One option to consider is the Smuggler Scoundrel. Self healing is a big plus, and the stealth abilities are nice for avoiding sections that otherwise might bog you down with multiple fights.

The Sage is pretty good, but you end up depending on your companion a LOT. And the Companion is fugly as all heck (shouldn't be an issue..but just saying) :-\

The thing is, compared to the other classes the Sage is kinda slow to kill things. You may find yourself Crowd Controlling a group, then finishing off the mob caught in the whirlwind. And you may not die...

BUt then you watch a Guardian or a Trooper on that same group and they are through it in less than half the time.

And for Solo Levelling, SPEED of levelling in my view is very important.

So you want a class that combines Speed of levelling with survivability. This is why people always claimed in WOW that the Hunter was the best leveller. You did great damage, and could survive encounters. Now with SWTOR ALL classes are hunters, essentially, because of the Companion System.

But not all Classes get good companions early on. And you might be well advanced in levels before you are able to get the companion you need/Want. That's why people say the Bounty Hunter is one of the best for levelling. Because early on you get a little Heal Bot that can heal you while you Tank stuff, which is a great synergy from level 10 all the way up. Other Classes get companions that may be less suited to their chosen AC.

For example, as a Jedi Knight Guardian you may want a strong DPS companion while you Tank, but you are given T7 who himself does best as a Tank.

I would say from start to Finish the Bounty Hunter would be easiest to level early on because of its starting Companion.

Sage is very survivable with its Companion, but would not kill as quickly as the Jedi Sentinel or even Vigilance Specced Guardian. Once the Companion falls, you are toast as your health drops extremely quickly under fire.

The Trooper is the Republic Mirror of the Bounty Hunter, but it does not start off with a healing companion. I would pick a Trooper Commando or the equivalent for the Bounty Hunter if I was interested in smooth, fast, PVE levelling as a Solo Player

Those are the classes I have experience with right now :-)

I have a Jedi Sentinel, and that's going well enough with judicious use of Cooldowns and depending heavily on T7 taking the damage.

• 2 weeks later...
The marauder is the best for solo playing i think. U have Vette that is a great range Tank that holds aggro pretty well, while u easely can DPS down the target from behind using any skills u want. works great on Elites and class bosses.:D

I level'd a sith warrior to level 12 and went jugg. Then decided "SoB. I wanted to DW lightsabers. Screw this"

So I level'd a BH Merc (currently level 21).

Then I thought, you know what? I still want to DW lightsabers. So I leveled a sith warrior again, and went to marauder. . . . He is level 11 and will most likely stay there because I feel super weak with him (and Vette hates me. Im at like -50 rep with the stupid B-hotch)

Level 50 tactics vanguard. Once I got Dorne I barely had to rest at all, was usually toped off and with the tactics ammo and minimal ammo management I usually had close to or max ammo after every pull.

I tried using other companion but they just didn't measure up.

I didn't get my heal companion until level 42 on my Assassin so I guess that might be a bad one, but I've been able to solo heroic +2 all the way and even the heroic +4s that don't require killing just by stealthing and vanish/sprinting away...