***Official PvE Progression V2***

Bombbuster

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO: Server first 2 hour > Faction first 2 hour > Server full > Faction full

The two hour runs should always > a full clear, it's far harder to do than simply clearing the instance.

Yes, and since we're requiring linear clearing the rankings would be fairly easy. The problem arises when we have 2 different NiM instances, like we will have in less that 2 weeks. What then? Which 2 hr clear takes precedence; TFB or S&V?

The discussion has been great and I genuinely appreciate all the inputs. I'm still open to suggestions. Here's where we're at so far:

• Linear progression in the individual operations will still be required;
  • I'll be converting the format used to display the information, to the format used on his thread:
  • Rankings for the individual operations will be: 2 hour run > full clear > total # of individual bosses, just like it has been in the past;
  • Once S&V NiM is released and we get a feel for its' difficulty either from personal experience or inputs from the top world guilds that clear it, we'll have to hash out some sort of boss difficulty numbers so we can rank guilds that have partial clears in both TFB and S&V. Guilds that have at least 10 pulls on any particular boss can post their thoughts about difficulty here, and we we'll ask Tam to come up with a preliminary formula. If we later find out the formula isn't working or is creating too much drama (ala BCS rankings controversies), we'll toss it out and come up with something else.

None of this is written in stone. This process is constantly evolving and I want our progression thread to always be improving. I continue to welcome inputs.

Hello,

TCO Imperium has changed its name to Nova Imperium. Can you update the name and website listings for us? Thanks.

I was not clear on if we needed to clear this content again with the new tags first but its the same progression team?

<Nova Imperium>

http://novaimperium.guildlaunch.com

Eternity Vault: 5/5 SM, HM, NM 8man & 16man

Karagga's Palace: 5/5 SM, HM, NM 8man & 16man

Explosive Conflict: 4/4 SM, HM 8man & 16man

Terror from Beyond: 5/5 SM, HM 8man

EC NM 3/4 8man

TFB 55: 5/5 SM, HM 8man, 2/5 HM 16man

S&V: 7/7 SM, HM 8man

Yes, and since we're requiring linear clearing the rankings would be fairly easy. The problem arises when we have 2 different NiM instances, like we will have in less that 2 weeks. What then? Which 2 hr clear takes precedence; TFB or S&V?

The discussion has been great and I genuinely appreciate all the inputs. I'm still open to suggestions. Here's where we're at so far:

• I'll be converting the format used to display the information, to the format used on his thread:
  • Rankings for the individual operations will be: 2 hour run > full clear > total # of individual bosses, just like it has been in the past;
  • Once S&V NiM is released and we get a feel for its' difficulty either from personal experience or inputs from the top world guilds that clear it, we'll have to hash out some sort of boss difficulty numbers so we can rank guilds that have partial clears in both TFB and S&V. Guilds that have at least 10 pulls on any particular boss can post their thoughts about difficulty here, and we we'll ask Tam to come up with a preliminary formula. If we later find out the formula isn't working or is creating too much drama (ala BCS rankings controversies), we'll toss it out and come up with something else.

None of this is written in stone. This process is constantly evolving and I want our progression thread to always be improving. I continue to welcome inputs.

I agree with this. Definitely seems like the way to go, especially since it's fluid and capable of changing but still gives credit to those that clear the harder things first.

TCO Imperium has changed its name to Nova Imperium. Can you update the name and website listings for us? Thanks.

I was not clear on if we needed to clear this content again with the new tags first but its the same progression team?

No need to re-clear. Guild tag updated.

El Kamino is 1/1 Man with the Steel Voice and 2/4 SM Black Talon. The DPS check on the Bonus boss is mathematically impossible in our current gear. We have 2 people pushing 29 DPS and still come up short, enraging at around 10%.

Soon....

El Kamino is 1/1 Man with the Steel Voice and 2/4 SM Black Talon. The DPS check on the Bonus boss is mathematically impossible in our current gear. We have 2 people pushing 29 DPS and still come up short, enraging at around 10%.

Soon....

Please don't post here while high, that's what your twitter account is for.

I'm kinda surprised that none of us have made progress so far. I know a few guilds are really close. <Aisthesis> has had several pulls on the Dread Guard in the 15% range on Kel'sara, but we also lost our top parsing gunslinger for a few weeks (stupid study abroad) and have had some healer scheduling turnover. <Underworld Alliance> seems to have the best DPS from among the guilds pulling right now (Aisthesis is great, but we generally miss the third surging chain by about 5% on Hierad), and they're also the only guild with Kell Dragon gear on our server (aside from the 75s that drop from Writhing Horror). I don't know how good their pulls have been otherwise though.

In other news, I know that <Anger Management> has at least gotten Nightmare Dash'roode to 10% (or so Ralakai said in SV gen chat the other night). So, progress has been made, albeit incremental.

<Aisthesis> will continue focusing on NiM TfB for the time being. We'll probably take a look at NiM SV (likely with our second group), but we won't be doing serious progression on it for a while. Kel'sara MUST DIE!!!!!

Edited by KeyboardNinja

I must have missed something; did you get the other bosses?
Ooops, thanks for catching that KBN. For some reason when I read the entry I thought it said Dashrood. List fixed.

Reminder for all:

Edited by Bombbuster

I must have missed something; did you get the other bosses?

Sorry didnt mean to create confusion, had no intentions for this to be counted as progression, just wanted post it here as an achievement

Again, sorry for the mishap :rak_03:

P.S. I Remember us being 3rd on the list if im not mistaken :p

Edited by OmegaStatuZ

Sorry didnt mean to create confusion, had no intentions for this to be counted as progression, just wanted post it here as an achievement

Again, sorry for the mishap :rak_03:

That's what I thought it was. :-) In any case, congratulations on the achievement! Terminate hits like a runaway truck in NiM, that's for sure. As a shadow tank, I'm really, *really* not looking forward to dealing with that boss…

And incidentally, <CI> did get NiM Writhing Horror before <Aisthesis>, and thus would be third.

Edited by KeyboardNinja

<Proper Villains>

propervillains.enjin.com

Eternity Vault: 5/5 SM, HM, NM 8man

Karagga's Palace: 5/5 SM, HM, NM 8man

Explosive Conflict: 4/4 SM, HM 8man,

Terror from Beyond: 5/5 SM, HM 8 man

TFB 55: 5/5 SM, HM 8 man

S&V: 7/7 SM, HM 8man

NIM TFB: 1/5 8 man

Welcome to Proper Villains. Chairs are required.

Even though we derped at the end, not too shabby for our first time running together as a guild.

Edited by sofiebear

Even though we derped at the end, not too shabby for our first time running together as a guild.

We've been one-shotting Writhing Horror NiM since the first week it dropped, and we still usually get wiped out when the adds explode. That's such a stupid mechanic, honestly. "Good job, you killed the boss! Now…DIE DIE DIE!!!" There's really no way to avoid it aside from having insane raid heals, which isn't so much an option due to the single-target healing requirements. We usually just get rezed by the tank who happened to be on the boss and our one melee DPS, both of whom are away from the Twisted Spawn (we have the off-tank gather them up to make the healing more manageable).

Grats on getting your guild together, btw! You've got some really good people.

It's a race to the finish now, with the DG nerf. Aisthesis and UWA are both raiding tonight, and on the same raid, at nearly the same time. Aisthesis had the best near-misses pre-nerf (a night of consistently getting sub-20%), but it won't matter now. At this point, both guilds are more than capable of clearing the fight post-nerf, it's just a question of who downs it first!