Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Class Feedback

pubstarrandi
07.26.2013 , 03:05 AM | #131
Operative Healer since 2 months after launch; mainly a 1-toon player thru PvP and PvE. Focused mainly on PvP since return to game.
Healer Spec:
Generally considered OP in PvP, hard to kill as others have mentioned. Too mobile and cheap because of Exfiltrate. etc
Generally, considered solid raid healer in PvE. Very limited in exposure to raiding since I've been back sadly.
Healer Spec:
Generally speaking, I agree the class is on par with other classes of same skill/gear in PvP(though lacking in team utility), but I'll focus on my niche perception to give broader feedback. I mainly perceive the class is now, sadly, less interactive, more spam heavy, and generally weaker in single target. With Infusion before(for those that used it and properly), it provided that timely 2x spam for heavy single target damage. Planning energy/TA was tough, but rewarding. Now, the PvP rotation now seems to be spam surgical probe and kolto probe while activating Recup and Inf when up. Try using Inj and you're interrupted with no alternative, though it doesn't matter anyways. PvE = same, but actually using Inj. It's fairly boring and healing seems too linear and easy. The energy and TA system seems much less tuned as well, constantly finding myself with tons of TA's and SP as my only outlet in PvP. Only using KP and SP primarily, always have an excess of energy so the difficulty dropped, as such the reward.
Generally speaking, while the class became more efficient at raid heals(which I love), the single target is bad now and thus the versatility has suffered. (Exfiltrate is the bomb though!)

Solloby
07.28.2013 , 09:52 PM | #132
Edit: Huh. I only looked at the last page or so of responses before posting, but looking at the front page again, did this thread get necroed? I only looked for the thread because I saw one in the first page of the Sorc forum, which also appears to have been necroed >.<

jack__
07.29.2013 , 01:21 AM | #133
Surgical Probe spam below 30% is the operatives "omgdon'tdierightnow" move.
If you look on the PvP forums, then you will notice a whole lot of other people complaining about it.
"Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning." - Winston Churchill

Yestreen
07.29.2013 , 04:26 PM | #134
1. How do you think your Operative spec is perceived by other classes?

I play all 3 operative specs frequently in unranked warzones, but only play heal spec in ranked because it is the only viable ranked spec. Here is how I think each spec is perceived in terms of pvp:

Medicine: Strongest pvp spec because it has the most uptime and mobility, which gives them both the most healing output and makes them the least squishy of the healing classes

Concealment: Very strong opener but useless after that because they are too squishy and do not have enough burst/sustained dps

Lethality: Great burst and damage output, but why would a ranked team take a lethality operative when a rage marauder can outperform them in everything AND live longer?

2. How do you perceive your own spec?

Medicine: It takes skill to play properly but once you learn how to play it it is definitely the strongest pvp healing class in the game.

Concealment: I LOVE this spec and want to play it but it is broken. You can't compete with marauders because you cant do as much damage and have much less survivability. I play it for fun but it has no place in ranked warzones

Lethality: This spec is a little clunky for an operative. When played right it does great damage but, again, you are far too squishy compared to marauders. Therefore, I play it for fun but this spec has no place in ranked warzones

Overall: If I want to play this class in ranked pvp I am forced to be healing spec
Wurdlol
<Hey im mvp>
www.twitch.tv/wurdlolswtor