You won't be seeing any more concealment Operatives after 1.2

Howbadisbad

Burst and sustained damage nerfed again.

Pretty much gg.

The only Operatives will be healers in warzones now.

Due to changes to Operative skill trees, Operatives have had their skill points refunded.

Backstab now has a 12-second cooldown and deals approximately 5% more damage.

Hidden Strike now has a 7.5-second cooldown.

Sleep Dart now gives an appropriate error message if used on Droids.

Tactical Advantage no longer triggers a "grunt effect" when it occurs.

Concealment

Culling has been redesigned and is now a 2-point skill. It no longer increases damage dealt to poisoned targets, but increases the Energy gained by Stim Boost and the damage dealt by Laceration and Collateral Strike.

Inclement Conditioning is now a 2-point skill.

Flanking is a new 1-point skill located in Tier 3 of the skill tree. It reduces the Energy cost of Backstab by 5.

Laceration now costs 10 Energy (down from 15) and deals approximately 10% less damage.

Meticulously Kept Blades no longer increases Energy gained by Stim Boost. This effect is now part of Culling.

Waylay now increases the damage dealt by Backstab. It is now located in Tier 5 of the skill tree and requires Flanking.

Full notes can be found here http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=363056

Edited by Howbadisbad

I feel sorry for you guys cause your class is really awesome but it doesnt fit in competitive pvp. Even though wow made it feel much less bad to be rolled by a sub, at least you got to hit them a couple times before they ripped you apart.

I feel sorry for you guys cause your class is really awesome but it doesnt fit in competitive pvp. Even though wow made it feel much less bad to be rolled by a sub, at least you got to hit them a couple times before they ripped you apart.

Ooooh, carebear PvP, plase stop PvPing and stick to PvE rofl

You won't be seeing any more concealment Operatives after 1.2

Burst and sustained damage nerfed again.

Pretty much gg.

The only Operatives will be healers in warzones now.

Good riddance.

Edited by atreyuz

BW should let anyone still trying to play their Sco/Op change to Slinger/Sniper until they actually know what they want the class to be. As it is, there's nothing we can do that someone else can't do better, faster, or with less effort. Add in the fact that we're the only class with no gap closer or knockback and there's just no point to bringing a Sco/Op when you can have a Shadow/Sin.

Concealment operatives for patch 1.2 had all, and I do mean all, their main attacks nerfed to some degree or another. Even shiv was nerfed....shiv of all things.....

Forget ever trying to kill a healer. Concealment operatives will be lucky if they can kill marauders anymore.

With all the nerfs to a single class they should all be allowed to rechoose there advanced class.

Not to mention the constant hate and outright lies from the rest of the playerbase regarding our abilities. I'm still waiting for that legendary Scoundrel I keep hearing about on this forum. You know, the one that flies around the battlefield shooting lasers out of his eyeballs killing entire teams in one hit.

The general idea from BW with 1.2 seems to be nerf the abilities with 0-6secs cooldown and increase the damage on the ones with 10-15secs cooldown all across the board, minus their precious baby that throw rocks or shoot lightning :)

Had a sorc do 826k damage in a civil war yesterday :p No worries, it's all balanced!

A well played operative is just as lethal as any other class...

On my server we have a few good ones that can easily do 400-500k and rack up mad kills, all single target and all hit and run, I suppose the skill cap is considerably higher than my own merc, but still if played correct, a formidable opponent.

As there are no parsers out yet and the new "combat log" they have on PTS is a joke, this is from a PVP perspective.

Since i'm getting my tracer missile damage reduced, according to the op... I should quit too?

Mind you the current PTS notes is the first wave and if BW actually granted access so we could actually copy our live chars to test the stuff out, we could get more info and actually influence how the PTS evolves on the way to 1.2 going live.

Edited by Angryorc

What do you actually mean, sir.

Right now as it stands, concealment vs marauder is basically a dps race assuming both classes use their defensive cooldowns and it just comes down to who crits the most.

Patch 1.2....concealment op shouldn't even attempt to engage a marauder at 100% health.

The general idea from BW with 1.2 seems to be nerf the abilities with 0-6secs cooldown and increase the damage on the ones with 10-15secs cooldown all across the board, minus their precious baby that throw rocks or shoot lightning :)

Had a sorc do 826k damage in a civil war yesterday :p No worries, it's all balanced!

Stopped reading here. Herp derp a class can freecast and do 800k+ damage!

NERF NAO!!!!!!!!

Right now as it stands, concealment vs marauder is basically a dps race assuming both classes use their defensive cooldowns and it just comes down to who crits the most.

Patch 1.2....concealment op shouldn't even attempt to engage a marauder at 100% health.

Comparing Operative defensive cooldowns to Marauders is just lol...

yea.

a sin can do be a lot more deadly then a ops can stealth and is and does have more Cds and coldowms.

i realy want to know wy people hate ops/sco so much?

people tend to remember only when they get killed in 1 hit below 20% hp...

Dude you dont even see them now let alone in the upcoming 1.2

Ive also stated this in another post too. That on Tomb of freedon nad which is probably the most populated EU server on IMP side you never see more than 9-10 ops at the fleet no matter what time you log in. The chances of seeing one in a warzone are so slim that you start to wonder is this a mirage or the 6 pack i had before is doing its numbers on my brain.

Bottom line when 1.2 goes live if u ever see one somewhere near you you will remember that the class wasnt erased but just that none plays it anymore.

I bet i do. On our server the best OP in my opinion is Blankwave, a good player will persist through slight nerfs and still come out good. As much as i hate to admit it, but he will, i have no doubts. The only person that truly gives me any problems on our server.

Leveling as an OP/SC is fun... there you dont run into expertise so you own everyone;) but i think the smile will vanish fast once you hit 50 and you dont see the the same numbers as you did at level 40. But with alot of stamina you can make it.. ;)

im playing a scoundrel healer and im kind of looking forward to new patch because of changes to their heals +1 upper hand, kolto cloud buff etc.

but the damage, energy costs changes in scoundrel probably will kill all scrappers.

i kind of already see assasins/shadows are better stealthed DD than scoundrels/operatives