The BattleZone! Round 1 Match 16: Exar Kun vs. Darth Krayt

Aurbere

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I know, I just don't find that scenario too convincing...

However I could see a definite possibility of Kun winning, just not in that way...

Well that scenario isn't the definite way for how it was going to go down. Just one of many like the Kaggath*. I wouldn't doubt that people have issues with how some Kaggaths end.

Exar Kun needed to pull out all the stops to beat Krayt. Isn't that all that matters? :)

Anyway, don't let it rustle your jimmies.

*Speaking of... ;)

• 3 months later...

I think Krayt wins. For all the fore mentioned reasons plus a few more.

First, this guy flipping took on Abeloth with Luke! Come on you have to remember that! Because of this it means he had to equal Luke's force power. It's believable because he had so much experience.

Second, he only appears to one of the weaker sith because he is only extensively shown in Legacy when he was super old and degrading. Think about Krayt in his prime.

Third, he has the Vong armor, which if you read NJO, can withstand lightsaber hits.

Krayt (at the time of the Abeloth fight) is in the top 5 sith of all time.

Comparing Krayt (from Legacy) to other sith is like comparing Ep.6 Yoda with other jedi. It's not fair.

Because of this it means he had to equal Ben Skywalker's force power.

See how this works? Darth Krayt was most certainly not as powerful as Luke Skywalker, he was powerful sure, but not that powerful.

But yes as Selenial said, no need for these necros.

Edited by LadyKulvax

• 4 weeks later...

With these vs. threads, once the decision has been made, the debate is pretty much over. However, I do encourage further discussion in the home thread of the series.

Regarding this match-up. I feel that, after even further research, Darth Krayt was just as good as Kun was. The only thing he lacked was Kun's unpredictable fighting style and overwhelming mastery of the esoteric. Krayt is more than capable of engaging Kun with conventional abilities such as telekinesis and Force lightning, but Kun's esoteric powers were simply too much.

• 3 weeks later...
Overall, Exar Kun. He is unpredictable, extremely strong in thr force and, perhaps most of all, his armor is not a weakness. Krayt's armor is. Much like Darth Bane's Orchikalos Armor, if force lightning hits it, you are pretty much dead. Also, Krayt was just not that skilled. Sure he was powerful, but there is a difference between power and skill.