IF TOR had PVP like this...

yotasatheart

As a Thane from DAoC and a White Lion in WAR I knew we were in trouble when Bioware went to Mythic for help with PvP balance...

But I do miss old relic raids. One of my favorite gaming memories ever was trying to quietly get 200 players together to go PvP without anyone alerting enemy players. Or standing on the ramparts defending and seeing 50+ giant hammers dropping on people. Watching your computer just start smoking as it tried to render all of the 300 players at once and all of their animations and effects from all of their spells.

to each their own, i didnt like daoc at all but i did very much enjoy shadowbane and similar battles in the flawed darkfall were good upon occasion

i enjoy pvp games when they cause adrenaline, revolve around face paced, skillful fights, and have open world + looting, or arena matches

my favorite pc games for these qualities have been asherons call, counterstrike, and diablo 2

i enjoy swtor a lot and the pvp is a lot of fun but it rarely gets the adrenaline pumping

Daoc owned, i used to love solo stealth ganking, bad thing about it though is that it was my first mmo so it spoiled me to the point that no other mmo will ever taste the same :)

i know exactly what you mean mate. i played a mana eldritch bomber group. we ran a bard (aoe mez) druid heals mentalist heals 2 mana eldritches (pbaoe) a ML9+ chanter for ML pet , a banshe cone pbaoe'er and 2 bodyguard ML10 wardens. we. were. FEARED. lol.

god i miss that game =[

I ll give you some help but you ll have to find it yourself:

Valenwood, Elsweyr, Cyrodiil, Black Marsh, Morrowind, Skyrim, Hammerfell.

Does it help ? ;P

let down =/ i was hoping for a 3 faction epic pvp game like daoc, not elder scrolls online lol.

dont get it twisted, i will be playing ESO lol. but its not the kinda pvp game i was looking for.

let down =/ i was hoping for a 3 faction epic pvp game like daoc, not elder scrolls online lol.

dont get it twisted, i will be playing ESO lol. but its not the kinda pvp game i was looking for.

ESO WILL have 3 faction pvp... Read the forum about it's pvp.

Also the main ESO pvp dev was the main DaoC pvp dev.

Depends on the person but IMO large scale battles are only fun for so long. Don't get me wrong, once and awhile they can be a blast, but they just turn into a cluster you know what.

In the end it's just aoe spamming and random melee jumping in and getting destroyed.

I would much rather see arena to be honest.

ESO WILL have 3 faction pvp... Read the forum about it's pvp.

Also the main ESO pvp dev was the main DaoC pvp dev.

can you shoot me a link to these forums? im on a work computer so the net is slower than a snail in a wisonson blizzard...

and to the guy above me. it has been stated by the masses that DAOC did pvp right. maybe not by everyones standard in this game, but the idea of a large real time warzone, that never resets, where each faction has nodes that they have to defend around the clock, with relics that a faction can steal to their homeland that you have to retake, factor in the realm levels, realm abilities gained through pvp, the bonuses to your realm based upon how many minor and major nodes you control, the bonuses to your realm for owning more than your factions 2 relics...

DAOC did pvp the right way, the first time. no other game has had pvp even close to equal since

can you shoot me a link to these forums? im on a work computer so the net is slower than a snail in a wisonson blizzard...

and to the guy above me. it has been stated by the masses that DAOC did pvp right. maybe not by everyones standard in this game, but the idea of a large real time warzone, that never resets, where each faction has nodes that they have to defend around the clock, with relics that a faction can steal to their homeland that you have to retake, factor in the realm levels, realm abilities gained through pvp, the bonuses to your realm based upon how many minor and major nodes you control, the bonuses to your realm for owning more than your factions 2 relics...

DAOC did pvp the right way, the first time. no other game has had pvp even close to equal since

This is the first video that talks the basics about the game. Also google 'elder scrolls online' and go to the main official site for more info.

This is the first video that talks the basics about the game. Also google 'elder scrolls online' and go to the main official site for more info.

upon further review of ESO, and its pvp aspects, i have concluded that this game needs to be out yesterday. i should be playing it as we speak! any ETA on it being out?? lolol