Anyone having problems with once time password?

SWEtree

It usually takes about as long to get to me as it takes to expire, over and over.

BW's page says that the system sends them immediately, but I've had them traced back and as far as we can tell, they're not "leaving Bioware" anything like immediately.

You get the OTP request when the system detects a change in your IP address, or the IP address you are playing from changes.

If you are needing OTPs often, it's because:

1. You often play in different places, such as at friends or relatives houses. In which case the IP you play from changes.

or

2. You have a crappy ISP that doesn't give you a long enough "hold time" on your IP.

For #1 there's not much that you can do. The OTP is a security feature designed to inhibit hackers (who would normally have a different IP than you) and it's working normally.

For #2, you could complain to your ISP, or you could sign up for the cellphone security app.

• 2 weeks later...
You get the OTP request when the system detects a change in your IP address, or the IP address you are playing from changes.

If you are needing OTPs often, it's because:

1. You often play in different places, such as at friends or relatives houses. In which case the IP you play from changes.

or

2. You have a crappy ISP that doesn't give you a long enough "hold time" on your IP.

For #1 there's not much that you can do. The OTP is a security feature designed to inhibit hackers (who would normally have a different IP than you) and it's working normally.

For #2, you could complain to your ISP, or you could sign up for the cellphone security app.

I get it 100% of the times i login (my own computer)

Its time to have a word with my ISP!!

• 3 months later...
Sometimes i get it in seconds but often they dont come. Is it just me or others having same problem? Ive found a few posts about it but they are old (2013-2015)

Create a new email address with a major email provider such as Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo etcetera and change your SWTOR account to use the new address. Then attempt to login to SWTOR again to trigger a one time password email to the new address( DO IT FROM EA.COM). If this fails you may need to call to have an agent push the email to your new address.

100 % WORKS <----