Added option to replay class stories

drpwnsmith

Bioware! You should consider adding in a feature that lets you replay any class story line that you have previously completed. I'd love the option to run straight through a story without having to level the same class a second time. I'm not picky, I don't need xp or mission rewards either. Just the game part. Help a Founder out!

Make a list of everything they would need to do in order to make this work properly without interfering with your current character. After you've compiled the list, think just how much work that would be.

The fact is that too many features and missions are directly tied to your class story progression. They would need to rework the entire mission structure to make it work.

In short. Not happening. Not now, not ever.

See, thats just it. I dont want to level another character of the same class to level 55. And I dont wanna do GSF to level 55 either. That would require way too much time.

There's no reason that I could see for anything to interfere with your current character. The story is comprised of pre-scripted phases. All the game would have to do is re-load those phases. They still exist even if I cease to have access to them. The game wouldnt have to award you ds or ls points. It wouldn't have to change your companion side quests or the choices you've made with them or their affection. Once you leave the story phase it would be business as usual.

• 2 weeks later...
Bioware! You should consider adding in a feature that lets you replay any class story line that you have previously completed. I'd love the option to run straight through a story without having to level the same class a second time. I'm not picky, I don't need xp or mission rewards either. Just the game part. Help a Founder out!

Would love this. It's been so long ago that my capped characters finished their class storylines, I've forgotten some major parts of it (close to two years ago).

Make a list of everything they would need to do in order to make this work properly without interfering with your current character. After you've compiled the list, think just how much work that would be.

The fact is that too many features and missions are directly tied to your class story progression. They would need to rework the entire mission structure to make it work.

In short. Not happening. Not now, not ever.

You don't need to change story progressions. Have it be an option unlocked at 55, finishing the class story, and/or a certain legacy. Have it be something like "Reminisce option", where you go through a certain planet and do the story again. Of course major points like acquiring Jaesa as LS or DS are set in stone - this can even be explained that you're just remembering the occurrences, not going back in time.

No XP, no money, no LS/DS, no companion affection gains. Just playing through the meaty parts. You can even change different dialog options, bring different companions to hear their tidbits (within reason of course, no dialog from bringing Broonmark to get Quinn, obviously). Even with different dialog options (sparing someone whom you've killed the first time around), nothing changes your story. Again, a stroll down Memory Lane, not a ride in a DeLorean.

If we're making this a wish list, maybe include bolstering any fight encounters, in the opposite way. The boss you killed at 18 is now scaled to 55, so not a pushover. And add the opportunity to replay companion quests again. :)

There are 2 reasons why this would make sense:

1) limits to number of characters you can have on a server, especially for F2P. If you want to replay a class, you're either deleting another character, or buying a slot via CM. All well and fine for BW, but but a PITA if you're leveling your 4th Agent just to see the story again.

2) youtube-ing isn't the same as playing first-hand. It fundamentally changes the reason to even play this particular game, since story is either A. the only thing this game has going for it, or B. a cornerstone of BW games. I admit I also have a bias against watching it on youtube - the notion of "just youtube X" instead of playing the story irks me.

You can even change different dialog options, bring different companions to hear their tidbits (within reason of course, no dialog from bringing Broonmark to get Quinn, obviously). .

? (Warrior spoiler)

Broonmark does have spoken lines when you enter the Quinncident. It's "let's murder the traitor" or some such, but it's there. All four (five with LS/DS Jaesa) non-Quinn companions have unique dialogue in that scene.

I would pay silly amounts of money to be able to "recall"/re-explore class quest scenes. Just exploring Agent dialogue trees could be hours of replayability.

I'd love this. Of course their is the issue of character progression in terms of acquiring your ship, your titles and your companions but I think that could be wrangled with. It could just be that certain companions that you have "yet to acquire" simply are not allowed in certain instances. And when you get your ship its the same as ever.

Right now I've actually started on a new server, and am effectively recreating my old characters anew. Its been pretty fun and the best alternative right now. I'd definitely recommend it, better that stupid alts. :p

? (Warrior spoiler)

I would pay silly amounts of money to be able to "recall"/re-explore class quest scenes. Just exploring Agent dialogue trees could be hours of replayability.

Not there, I meant on Balmorra when you first get him. Just as a "for instance".

Agreed, I'm playing Agent first time, and would love to revisit some of the storylines already.