A viable addition to SWTOR that would make alot of sense.

KenyanStarkiller

The ability to "trade" sides. The most obvious example of this is Anakin Skywalker, a Jedi Knight turned to the dark side because of a personal quest to save the ones he loved. He even switches again when he saves his son from the emperor at the end of Episode VI. This guy won't make up his mind so why should we?

I don't exactly know how this would play out in terms of balancing the two factions, but it would definietely compliment the role playing aspect of the game.

A Jedi turned evil because he wants to live his life outside the regulations of the Jedi Code?

A Sith turned to the light side, because he realizes the effect of suffering on citizens of the galaxy?

No. The logistics are frightening, to say the least.

You can't just "switch" over. What would a Jedi Knight do in the Empire? Would Bioware have to create a whole new story-arc for an Empire Knight? They couldn't just paste the character into the mirror arc (Knight -> Warrior, Smuggler -> Agent, etc.), as they are established as completely seperate characters.

This would qualify as a massive expansion. Bioware would essentially have to write eight completely new stories.

But that wouldnt benefit any of the players who just want to stay how their story was written. If it had been implemented to begin with, then yes, but now that it hasn't they need to focus on expanding in other ways. If you're adding new content for classes that would involve writing completely new stories, make new classes.

On second thought, it wouldn't need to be that immense. Anakin Skywalker never picked a class, and if he did would certainly not have said, "I think I'll be good for a bit, and then halfway through become evil." It could be something triggered by a very large quest that doesn't entirely change your faction, but puts more emphasis on your choice of allignment. We're already heading in that direction with Dark Jedis and Light Siths. The chance to alter your character dramatically would stem from a choice, and would not be forced upon a player. Edited by KenyanStarkiller

On second thought, it wouldn't need to be that immense. Anakin Skywalker never picked a class, and if he did would certainly not have said, "I think I'll be good for a bit, and then halfway through become evil." It could be something triggered by a very large quest that doesn't entirely change your faction, but puts more emphasis on your choice of allignment. We're already heading in that direction with Dark Jedis and Light Siths. The chance to alter your character dramatically would stem from a choice, and would not be forced upon a player.

Not really. You're still a Jedi if you're dark side. You never do what the Sith Warrior does because your class is Jedi, not Sith Warrior. The light side/dark side choices are within the context of their own story. A light side Sith Warrior might spare someone while a light side Jedi engages in self-sacrifice to save a community. There's a difference.