Which Faction to go?

Branket

There's a guild called Midian on the imperial side who is ranked best on the server at the moment but the republics (I believe) aren't too far behind. Keeping that in mind the republic pvp guilds outnumber and overall as a whole are better than the imperials judging from normal pvp matches.

Let us know what you decide

There's a guild called Midian on the imperial side who is ranked best on the server at the moment but the republics (I believe) aren't too far behind. Keeping that in mind the republic pvp guilds outnumber and overall as a whole are better than the imperials judging from normal pvp matches.

Let us know what you decide

Forgot to ask about the most important thing :p what about the queues?

Forgot to ask about the most important thing :p what about the queues?

Oh god. Well we do have a very low population compared to the US servers but in prime time we will have about 3 games going with 16 people in each and the pops will be about 5mins apart. Then all other times vary from up to 30min!

Other people may have a different opinion so wait for them to answer

Republic certainly has the more active PvP for sure, balanced rated games have been happening a lot recently on the pub side. The only Imperials that put up a fight in WZs are from Midian/BOSS.

Over the last month I believe I have only been in 1 losing game of Republic PUG vs Imperial PUG (Excluding Midian/BOSS1 players)

When Midian are playing in a premade, they will usually win vs Republic Pugs at an 80%+ rate IMO

BOSS premades don't win as much, although there are many good quality players in BOSS... so I would put them at around a 55-60% win rate vs pugs.

Republic 4 man pre-made vs Midian 4 man pre-made would be about 50/50 win/loss, slightly favoring Midian usually.

Note: Midian is for sure the top PvP guild on the server.

To answer your question:

If you roll Imperial, you will lose a lot (most) of the games if you are not with any BOSS/Midian players in a WZ (it will be very hard for a new bunch of people to carry the bad imperial pugs through WZs)

If you roll Republic, you will win basically all Pug v Pug games if facing Imperials,

You will probably lose most games vs Midian premades (unless you are all super good)

Finally you will have decent fights vs BOSS pre-mades (40% win rate)

The Imperial side does not have anywhere near the number of quality players that the Republic side does, and the good imperial players are all located in 2 guilds (mainly Midian)

So I would say roll Republic for these reasons:

-Decent players all around.

-High win rate vs Imp Pugs

-Nightly Pub v Pub ranked games

-Large variety of decent guilds (new guilds/groups would fit in well)

-Large spread of the good players

All these numbers aren't 100% accurate obviously, because they were pulled directly from my experience as a Republic PvPer.

I can confirm however that I have only lost 1 game this month (Pug v Pug) meaning it takes Midian or BOSS1 to break most of the Republic Players.

IMO Roll Republic, unless you think you are good enough to get into Midian or BOSS and work well with them.

Q pops take anywhere between 1 and 20 mins during prime, and there are usually only 2 level 50 WZs running at a time. Usually upwards of 20 mins for off-peak, (I have waited up to 3 hours on occasions)

Ciraf

Edited by HyperThomas

Nice to see you havent included the games where you bail cause you think the team isnt upto par .

When did I bail last? I only bail if I am in a premade and the rest of us bail cause someone didn't get in.

Thanks for telling me why I bail, before the start of a game...

I really needed to know that.

/sarcasm

:rolleyes:

Edited by HyperThomas

went imp

not concerned about current win/loss too much as aussie gamers are among the worst:P

this is how bigotry begins

p.s compared to the bastion we are saints riding golden horses into battle with people dying at our feet

Edited by Jumpchan

Only thing that hasn't been mentioned much is that on Imps, if you are pugging, you literally might not get your weekly done. Thats a slight exaggeration because if you pvp enough you will, but it is far harder than playing on the reps and can be a bit of a demotivator.

But looks like you've chosen already. Good luck

winning around 90% games just pugging

most games seem to be imperial vs imperial anyway?

is it different for rated

edit this is at 1-49 ;)

Yeah man I'm playing a lowbie on pub side and we get owned like every game. I think the imps have more lvl 50s playing on their ALTs that know what they are doing

Only thing that hasn't been mentioned much is that on Imps, if you are pugging, you literally might not get your weekly done. Thats a slight exaggeration because if you pvp enough you will, but it is far harder than playing on the reps and can be a bit of a demotivator.

....... think i said that we will make his weekly take 3 weeks ?

• 2 weeks later...

Only got 50 a couple of days ago

but my weekly took 2 days

won 10 or so and lost around 30 games maybe

Seems like a prettty big gear gap between repubs and most imperial

Ive been struggling to get my 2.5k dmg medal lol

is only 2 of us now and the gear grind = quite long and boring so in the obvious losses Ill just be chilling at a node alt tabbed:D

Only got 50 a couple of days ago

but my weekly took 2 days

won 10 or so and lost around 30 games maybe

Seems like a prettty big gear gap between repubs and most imperial

Ive been struggling to get my 2.5k dmg medal lol

is only 2 of us now and the gear grind = quite long and boring so in the obvious losses Ill just be chilling at a node alt tabbed:D

I always go for 3 caps. Be careful :p

Yeh light your not kidding, Everytime I play my powertech in wz's of pug imp vs pub rep, imp get stomped like 80% of the time. Still haven't finished weekly or even gotten close to getting it done after 3 weeks. If ya able to get into boss or Midian for sure, definitely go imp, if not best to go rep as it is much easier to get geared up pugging as republic then imperial. But from earlier posts it seems you went imperial. Have fun mate and hope I don't see you in a WZ. Might just have to target you :D

Edited by Killerdream