Kaggath Heats: Traya vs Plagueis

Beniboybling

The Sith Soldiers that you see within the Academy have been tested within the Trayus Core(the pinnacle of Malachor's Dark energies). Revan would take Jedi into the Trayus Core to test their will and turn them to the Dark Side. The Soldiers under Traya's command also experienced the power of this nexus and were corrupted by it.

One could assume the Sun Guard could withstand the Dark energies of Malachor. However, one could also assume that they can't. The Force-sensitive members of the Guard should be able to, but then again, that number is fairly low.

It should also be important to note that the Sith Soldiers had been in the presence of several Dark Side nexuses(is that plural). They were in the presence of the Dark energies of the Valley of the Dark Lords and the Star Forge. So that also aided in their "resistance" to Malachor's energies.

Edit: And you are still mad about that. Revan's chances in this tournament would be far less had he been the victor in that battle. Why? Because Traya turned him to the Dark Side. :)

Edit again: I think we've pretty much debated the ins and outs here. My opinion: Traya wins if she can strike quick and hard(using her oh so subtle style), but Plagueis wins if he goes to Malachor before Traya strikes.

Edit once again: I feel that Traya's strengths are in taking apart large armies. Smaller, more flexible, forces seem to be her achilles heel.

I'm not mad about anything. I just had a momentary freak-out when Warren-Stride made her point concerning the Exile's companions on Malachor.

EDIT: I agree as for this debate. It seems we've been over everything so I feel that it's time to move on.

Edited by MasterMe

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Concerning Malachor: it is a canon fact that dark side nexuses often have maddening/corrupting affects on non-force users and force users alike. The Nightmare Lands on Voss drive all those who enter it mad, or even to death. The Tomb of Ludo Kressh caused tormenting hallucinations, much like the Dark Side Cave on Dagobah. The nexus on Byss subtly drained the life of its inhabitants. And the Dark Temple drove all who entered completely loco crazy. And lets not forget Colonel Tobin, who was ravaged by the dark side energies surrounding Nihilus, as was the rest of the Ravager's crew. Or that Nihilus himself was a product of an extended stay on Malachor's surface. And also remember, Malachor was also a 'wound in the Force', a dark place reverberating with the echoes of pain, terror and suffering. As Kreia tells us:

"There is a place in the galaxy where the dark side of the Force runs strong. It is something of the Sith, but it was fueled by war. It corrupts all that walks on its surface, drowns them in the power of the dark side—it corrupts all life. And it feeds on death."

A force user could resist its power, and a dark side user could feed of its dark side power. But a non-force user would be completely subject to its debilitating effects, only powerful strength of will could allow them to resist. Do the Sun Guard have such strength in will? Possibly, common foot soldiers certainly do not, and if half of the mind is battling the planet itself, they become vulnerable to attack. Not to mention the storm beasts, lightning storms and toxic fumes that plague its surface.

And please, can we refrain from acting as if Malachor V is some gross injustice? Traya was smart enough to base her operations at such a place, deal with it. I'm looking a you MasterMe, you say Revan would have won if Traya didn't have Malachor V, which is the equivalent to saying that Revan would have one if Traya didn't have her powerbase. Or saying its not fair because Traya has mastery over shatterpoints, or simply can use the Force. Does everyone see the flaw in that logic? Apologies if I'm being overly harsh, but this needs to be cleared up.

Well I was just going off the thousand you mentioned, could be more but i'll see what you turn up. I have looked, and can't really find anything concrete on the Sith Triumvirate at least Sith Assassin number wise. All I could find, is that the army was small. Given its the remains of another army, I don't see it being very big though in terms of numbers but that could be surprising if they are.

Yeah, I couldn't turn up anything much. Vague references, but nothing concrete.

:(:(:(

And please, can we refrain from acting as if Malachor V is some gross injustice? Traya was smart enough to base her operations at such a place, deal with it. I'm looking a you MasterMe, you say Revan would have won if Traya didn't have Malachor V, which is the equivalent to saying that Revan would have one if Traya didn't have her powerbase. Or saying its not fair because Traya has mastery over shatterpoints, or simply can use the Force. Does everyone see the flaw in that logic? Apologies if I'm being overly harsh, but this needs to be cleared up.

I don't understand why you seem irratated. I nearly outbursted a little while ago because somebody said that the Sun Guard wouldn't be very effected by Malachor. I thought that this couldn't be so because Revan's soldiers were rendered useless by Malachor, so I simply stated that either the Sun Guard ARE effected by Malachor, or they aren't, and in that case, neither are Revan's soldiers. I wasn't trying to attack the subject of Malachor V debatable unfairness, I was simply making a logical point.

But as for the subject of Malachor V's unfairness, I disagree with you. I feel that the planet gives Traya an unfair advantage. And I'm not just saying this - I can back up my point. You make a good point however, and I don't really want to get into that debate, seeing as how I'm sure it will be a *****ly subject (perhaps like Revan).

I don't understand why you seem irratated. I nearly outbursted a little while ago because somebody said that the Sun Guard wouldn't be very effected by Malachor. I thought that this couldn't be so because Revan's soldiers were rendered useless by Malachor, so I simply stated that either the Sun Guard ARE effected by Malachor, or they aren't, and in that case, neither are Revan's soldiers. I wasn't trying to attack the subject of Malachor V debatable unfairness, I was simply making a logical point.

But as for the subject of Malachor V's unfairness, I disagree with you. I feel that the planet gives Traya an unfair advantage. And I'm not just saying this - I can back up my point. You make a good point however, and I don't really want to get into that debate, seeing as how I'm sure it will be a *****ly subject (perhaps like Revan).

Sorry if I misinterpreted your reaction, but I don't want this issue to get the the way of the Kaggath. Rest assured that if Malachor becomes a real problem, I'll address it. Just remember, the Kaggath isn't meant to be fair. But I understand instawins are no fun.

No hard feelings. :p

There are a lot of unfair things in this tournament.

G0-T0 has the stealthed yacht. Malgus has the stealthed ships. Naga Sadow has an unlimited army. Tyber Zaan has stealthed ships. Traya has Malachor. Plagueis is some sort of necromancer(:p).

But these advantages can be overcome. We saw Tyber Zaan nearly overcome G0-T0's stealthed yacht. We saw Xizor defeat Malgus. We will see Exar Kun defeat Naga Sadow. And Traya may overcome Plagueis' epic heals (or Plaguies may over come Malachor).

A Kaggath is all about using the tools you have to their fullest and overcoming any challenge.

Sorry if I misinterpreted your reaction, but I don't want this issue to get the the way of the Kaggath. Rest assured that if Malachor becomes a real problem, I'll address it. Just remember, the Kaggath isn't meant to be fair. But I understand instawins are no fun.

No hard feelings. :p

Yeah no hard feelings. It's fine. :D

lol I can't beleive one of my words got bleeped out. I said:

p r i c k l y

Am I being niave? I didn't think that was a bad word.. like.. at all. lol :o:eek::D

Concerning Malachor: it is a canon fact that dark side nexuses often have maddening/corrupting affects on non-force users and force users alike. The Nightmare Lands on Voss drive all those who enter it mad, or even to death. The Tomb of Ludo Kressh caused tormenting hallucinations, much like the Dark Side Cave on Dagobah. The nexus on Byss subtly drained the life of its inhabitants. And the Dark Temple drove all who entered completely loco crazy. And lets not forget Colonel Tobin, who was ravaged by the dark side energies surrounding Nihilus, as was the rest of the Ravager's crew. Or that Nihilus himself was a product of an extended stay on Malachor's surface. And also remember, Malachor was also a 'wound in the Force', a dark place reverberating with the echoes of pain, terror and suffering. As Kreia tells us:

"There is a place in the galaxy where the dark side of the Force runs strong. It is something of the Sith, but it was fueled by war. It corrupts all that walks on its surface, drowns them in the power of the dark side—it corrupts all life. And it feeds on death."

A force user could resist its power, and a dark side user could feed of its dark side power. But a non-force user would be completely subject to its debilitating effects, only powerful strength of will could allow them to resist. Do the Sun Guard have such strength in will? Possibly, common foot soldiers certainly do not, and if half of the mind is battling the planet itself, they become vulnerable to attack. Not to mention the storm beasts, lightning storms and toxic fumes that plague its surface.

"Maddening and corrupting effects" does not mean they are no longer able to fight. I doubt they would be corrupted the moment they set foot on the battle field.

The fact still remains, we have no idea what Malachor does. You just named 6 different nexuses, and they all do different things. If Byss didn't make people go mad, why are we assuming Malachor does? If the dark temple makes people go crazy, why doesn't Nilius? Basically, if we have no proof, and all Nexeses are different, we should not assume. (I'm also not sure about the Nightmare Lands. Trooper, Smuggler, Bounty hunter and Agent all go there and are just fine.... Plot hole.)

And that quote, it implies corruption. Over time. Not "BOOM You're crazy!" The moment you step foot on the planet.

I agree though, the Sun Guard wouldn't do much on a deadly Malachor environment. But it still bothers me that Malachor is such a great advantage based solely on speculation and assumptions.

That's my final words on the subject. If Traya wins ( which I'm almost sure she will considering you called Malachor an insta-win) I will bring this up again in the next Kaggath.

That's my final words on the subject. If Traya wins ( which I'm almost sure she will considering you called Malachor an insta-win) I will bring this up again in the next Kaggath.

Trust me, Malachor is no 'insta-win'. At least half of the combatants in this tournament would make mincemeat out of Traya's Academy.

Yeah no hard feelings. It's fine. :D

lol I can't beleive one of my words got bleeped out. I said:

p r i c k l y

Am I being niave? I didn't think that was a bad word.. like.. at all. lol :o:eek::D

The letters before l-y can be considered 'naughty'.

"Maddening and corrupting effects" does not mean they are no longer able to fight. I doubt they would be corrupted the moment they set foot on the battle field.

The fact still remains, we have no idea what Malachor does. You just named 6 different nexuses, and they all do different things. If Byss didn't make people go mad, why are we assuming Malachor does? If the dark temple makes people go crazy, why doesn't Nilius? Basically, if we have no proof, and all Nexeses are different, we should not assume. (I'm also not sure about the Nightmare Lands. Trooper, Smuggler, Bounty hunter and Agent all go there and are just fine.... Plot hole.)

And that quote, it implies corruption. Over time. Not "BOOM You're crazy!" The moment you step foot on the planet.

I agree though, the Sun Guard wouldn't do much on a deadly Malachor environment. But it still bothers me that Malachor is such a great advantage based solely on speculation and assumptions.

For the record I never called Malachor an instawin, when I mentioned instawins I was referring to instawins in general e.g. superweapons. These are always banned, and if Malachor becomes one, well I'll see what I can do. (Understand how difficult it is though because Malachor = Traya's powerbase)

You make good points though, however in all other cases of dark side nexuses, the effects are relatively instant (accept in the case of Byss, but that was a weak nexus and designed by Palpatine to be so). So we can assume the effects would be pretty rapid. But yes, we have no concrete evidence to support his. But everything seems to point towards it being the case. I'd say if it doesn't drive them insane, it will definitely impair their abilities severely, not only will their minds be oppressed by the overwhelming power of the dark side, but screams and feelings of pain, terror and suffering will be rattling about in their heads as well. And concerning the Nightmare Lands, I definitely recall the SI having to undergo a ritual, and I think the BH did the same. But that's irrelevant as it is made clear that the common Voss and Gormak go mad instantly, it even drove Sith Lords insane. And I would say the Nightmare Lands is the closest dark side nexuses we have to Malachor, both are fueled by war and suffering.

Even so, you make a good point. And I'll always consider it.

(Lol, do Traya and Revan hold the record for greatest controversy causers? :D)

For the record I never called Malachor an instawin, when I mentioned instawins I was referring to instawins in general e.g. superweapons. These are always banned, and if Malachor becomes one, well I'll see what I can do. (Understand how difficult it is though because Malachor = Traya's powerbase)

You make good points though, however in all other cases of dark side nexuses, the effects are relatively instant (accept in the case of Byss, but that was a weak nexus and designed by Palpatine to be so). So we can assume the effects would be pretty rapid. But yes, we have no concrete evidence to support his. But everything seems to point towards it being the case. I'd say if it doesn't drive them insane, it will definitely impair their abilities severely, not only will their minds be oppressed by the overwhelming power of the dark side, but screams and feelings of pain, terror and suffering will be rattling about in their heads as well. And concerning the Nightmare Lands, I definitely recall the SI having to undergo a ritual, and I think the BH did the same. But that's irrelevant as it is made clear that the common Voss and Gormak go mad instantly, it even drove Sith Lords insane. And I would say the Nightmare Lands is the closest dark side nexuses we have to Malachor, both are fueled by war and suffering.

Even so, you make a good point. And I'll always consider it.

(Lol, do Traya and Revan hold the record for greatest controversy causers? :D)

IIRC, the Shrine of Healing Trials are meant to protect you from the nightmare lands.