Darth Plagueis "new canon"

Girdeux

Now that Post-ROTJ EU has been wiped. What most people dont know is that Pre-Episode 1 isnt out of danger yet. With the Darth Plagueis novel considered "legends"by a senior LFL employee. Could it possibly mean a possible Darth Plagueis appearance in the new movies now that he isnt even officially dead? Edited by Girdeux

Now that Post-ROTJ EU has been wiped. What most people dont know is that Pre-Episode 1 isnt out of danger yet. With the Darth Plagueis novel considered "legends"by a senior LFL employee. Could it possibly mean a possible Darth Plagueis appearance in the new movies now that he isnt even officially dead?

He's still dead, remember Sidious speaking to Anakin in EP 3 about Plagueis?

"Unfortunately he taught his apprentice everything he knew, then his apprentice killed him in his sleep."

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

He's still dead, remember Sidious speaking to Anakin in EP 3 about Plagueis?

"Unfortunately he taught his apprentice everything he knew, then his apprentice killed him in his sleep."

Sidious is one of the last characters in the saga I would trust.

Sidious is one of the last characters in the saga I would trust.

Except why would he be lying? Throughout the conversation, he was speaking in depth about Plagueis in the past tense as if he personally knew the guy. So why wouldn't Plagueis be dead?

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

• 2 weeks later...

I personally don't understand why Palpatine would be talking to dorkface about his own former Master.

From the point of view of the EU, where they have tried to cram in so many force sensitives so they have interesting plot lines and fearsome villains in computer games, I get it, but it has never made sense from the point of view of the movies...

Plagueis sounds like exactly what he is called in Episode III, a "legend". Not a guy who recently got hammered and died behind the curtain. If Plagueis is as important as he is in this book, he would be portrayed in one of the prequel movies!

- Arcada

Edited by Nydus

Now that Post-ROTJ EU has been wiped. What most people dont know is that Pre-Episode 1 isnt out of danger yet. With the Darth Plagueis novel considered "legends"by a senior LFL employee. Could it possibly mean a possible Darth Plagueis appearance in the new movies now that he isnt even officially dead?

Rather then looking at the 'Plagueis - novel' from a character standpoint, look to what general conclusions can be drawn from it in ways that includes force history, Jedi and Sith history in general !! In order to create a back story to support the new film, I think that this is a perspective to take in to count when the novel is considered EU, and what creative freedom the writers need from that view.

when it comes to potential bad guy Sith characters I would instead like to draw the attention to the biggest lose end in the prequels; Master Syfa - Dyas !!! Who apparently 'ordered' the Clone Army for the republic, and when Yoda is questioned by Obi-Wan on said Jedi master, Yoda doesn't really answer, but seems to get a severe problem with digesting as he just mutters and makes noises and very fast changes the subject. Master Syfa - Dyas is after that not mentioned again . . . go figure!? Is Palpatine just a pawn of an even greater scheme!!????

Maybe because to give backstory in the film?

Or, a reference to "Sith Legend" was made to prove a point to Anikan, and then in order to cash in on people desperate to have every blank filled in a very convoluted story was written.

If the guy was as important as he is in the book, then Lucas would have added him into the movies. As it stands, I doubt "Darth Plagueis" existed until Lucas started writing that very scene.

- Arcada

with the apparent working title being "The Ancient Fear" im going to stick with my thoughts that Darth Plagueis is back. Lucas full well knew that during ROTS that one day he was going to make EP7 as Peter Mayhew was already signed up back in 2005.

Bringing in Plagueis allows the trilogy to come full circle

Darth Plagueis is the only Dark Lord of the Sith that was mentioned in the movies, so it would be rational to assume that they make him the antagonist of the new trilogy in order to relate to the prequels as well. The fact that he was killed by Sidious doesn't change much. Palpatine also died but it didn't stop him from returning as a clone ;)

Darth Plagueis is the only Dark Lord of the Sith that was mentioned in the movies, so it would be rational to assume that they make him the antagonist of the new trilogy in order to relate to the prequels as well. The fact that he was killed by Sidious doesn't change much. Palpatine also died but it didn't stop him from returning as a clone ;)

I would say this is a logical guess following your argument, BUT as we do throw guesses around some odd 100 to 200 years doesn't make anything 'ancient'. Could this be a reference to something more 'Ancient' and the first validation of old EU lore? The Ghost of Exar-Kun, that is the ancient evil!?

I don't foresee him coming back from the dead.

I would say this is a logical guess following your argument, BUT as we do throw guesses around some odd 100 to 200 years doesn't make anything 'ancient'. Could this be a reference to something more 'Ancient' and the first validation of old EU lore? The Ghost of Exar-Kun, that is the ancient evil!?

Episode 7-9 are based on Georges story treatments...theres 0 chance this is happening.

I don't foresee him coming back from the dead.

Sidious thought he was dead. Not that he actually is dead.

As I said in another thread, we mustn't forget that Plagueis discovered how to prevent others from dying and even managed to reverse his own aging process. The book tells us outright that he had discovered the secret of immortality, and when Sidious attacks him the guy just sits there and barely puts up a fight, almost as if he wanted to die.

I think their is plenty room for Plagueis say keeping his psyche intact in midichlorian form - research we know he explored from his diary in Book of Sith and somehow managed to recreate himself 30 years after ROTJ.

The only issue is making the concept simply enough for audiences to understand, and as soon as the word "midichlorian" is mentioned the Prequel bashers will be in uproar. :p