Torque Hardmode question.

I have a small question for people who have done this fight. Anybody completed this fight with 2 melee that are not powertechs or operatives? Seems the floor vent mechanic is a major rng anti melee mechanic. I'm just curious so to speak. :cool: And the repair droids are they bugged becaus they seem to go for raid members at times? Edited by Theshadowbehind

Yeah, it wasn't that easy to be honest. We hit enrage couple of times among other hiccups and bugs with the boss. Our dpses have always had rather respectable numbers in any fight, but Torque is just pain. Melees are shafted good. Biggest problem is not the mechanic itself. Fires could actually be less of a problem if visuals indicating damage zone would be different and more clear even if it's an instant mechanic. Now it's just flames everywhere filling the screen at times for melee players and it's extremely hard to see where one can step. How it is now requires extreme care with two melees. Sometimes as a side product flames reduce up time on the boss or other targets significantly as people might get stranded completely. Losing a DPS is not an option either because of the tight DPS check for sub 192 gear (or close to 192). This is probably the only boss we do not significantly enjoy in 3.0. Is dead now thought and it will die many many times in future.

Whole composition, not that it matters really.

DPS: Merc, Sniper, Mara & PT

Tanks: PT & Jugg

Healers: Merc + Op

Pst. As for healing it with op: probe tanks + melee, nano 1 gcd before flames and then wave the melee area so that the aoe is towards whatever direction they should escape to. This while the merc god next to you has shelled'em good, green bombs'em and channels that nice smart heal (or drops instant fatties) to who's hp drops first in the melee group.

Edited by Ruskaeth

Pst. As for healing it with op: probe tanks + melee, nano 1 gcd before flames and then wave the melee area so that the aoe is towards whatever direction they should escape to. This while the merc god next to you has shelled'em good, green bombs'em and channels that nice smart heal (or drops instant fatties) to who's hp drops first in the melee group

Sounds about right :)

For droids on healers questions I am just gonan quote what I wrote in another thread

That are three solution, another workaround that my group (Seven Friends and Lancard) used yesterday is that we just keep the boss on right side when he is about to destroy a console, then move boss to left side to AoE turrets+boss while droid is repairing right side, then when it's done you move boss right side and do the same. By controlling which console he repairs you are then totally safe and avoid ever having to deal with the evade+droid goes on healer problem.

Nono, the Wookie Rage is a mechanic which targets the CLOSEST console, basically if you want to avoid destryong the consoles on the left, you just keep the boss on the right before the mechanic happen (around every 45s). So what we do is that we basically keep the boss on the right side, close to the consoles, every time that the Wookie Rage is about to happen. That means that the boss always jumps to one of the right consoles, destroys it, spawn droid, move boss left, droid repairs, move boss back right, and repeat.

I did it yesterday on my Mara with Milas on his PT for a bit. Its possible but makes the fight unnecessarily hard on the healers and the lack of up time on a marauder is awful. If your tank is kiting the boss then you'll be chasing him half the time and good luck getting a full ravage in unless its while the boss is destroying a panel. Powertechs are fine but have your mara/operative switch to a ranged class if possible.

The anti-melee mechanics are a thing in most of the fights on HM. There is no reason to be a melee when you can take half the damage and deal twice as much damage while playing a ranged class. Until you're doing alt runs or have the HM's on farm I'd suggest running a ranged dps. I'm one of the harder people to convince to not play my mara but with the nerfs to the classes dps and fight mechanics you're gimping your group if you bring a melee that isn't a powertech. Yes I know its possible to play a mara and I only died once during our pulls but factor in all the other points I made and ask yourself why play one if there's better options?

Edited by TrillOG-

Without a jugg tank as one of the two tanks to reflect (and/or with multiple melee which are worse at AOEing down the wall turrets), 4 dps is extremely tight until you get more gear (192/198). Since we funneled gear to a specific subset of people for the first week or two, the rest of the guild is mostly weakly geared still, so if we don't have a Jugg tank, we use 5 DPS and have the main tank kite. This is more work on the healers but generally the best alternative.

No kill yet, but we are getting closer. Still dying to firetraps spawning underneath people and confusion.

Tanks: Guardian, Vanguard

DPS: Shadow, Sentinel, Gunslinger, Sage

Healers: Sage, Commando/Scoundrel

I guess it would be much easier running 4 rdps with a vanguard dps offtanking "sick of you", but it feels really stupid that bioware added a fight that is so melee unfriendly. The entire fight feels really odd, out of place. The room is way to small for a good boss encounter imo. Don't even get me started on the smoke from the flares.

No kill yet, but we are getting closer. Still dying to firetraps spawning underneath people and confusion.

Tanks: Guardian, Vanguard

DPS: Shadow, Sentinel, Gunslinger, Sage

Healers: Sage, Commando/Scoundrel

I guess it would be much easier running 4 rdps with a vanguard dps offtanking "sick of you", but it feels really stupid that bioware added a fight that is so melee unfriendly. The entire fight feels really odd, out of place. The room is way to small for a good boss encounter imo. Don't even get me started on the smoke from the flares.

Honestly 2 tanking with a guardian reflecting a bunch of damage is a way easier way to do the fight than 5dpsing and trying to kite or having a dps tank for a bit for sick of you. If your melee/vg are good about moving away from wall droids your guardian can do a silly amount of damage every time they spawn.

Edited by namesaretough