Tweek: Cartel is a good option! Stop complaining!

CTFoxhound

There are players out there like myself who don't play often not because we don't want to but because we don't have the time. Not just real life stuff but I like playing other games as well. So I'm a casual player here and by casual I mean REALLY casual. I have barely been able to play at all for like 2-3 months now.

I do read updates and such like on Facebook and I saw this Tweek companion on the way which I thought is awesome. I read further on and saw legacy lvl 40 and thought to myself there is no way in hell I will ever be able to get this companion. I think I'm only legacy lvl 14 or something and I've had the game since release.

Even though I don't play often I am a subscriber to this game so I do get my monthly supply of cartel coins which I enjoy because of how little I get to play when I do log in I get to get something fun... well sometimes, (I always seem to get stiffed on the cartel packs hah).

So this is one thing I will def will be purchasing from the cartel market with my coins. I know some players want to feel elite or powerful or whatever it might be by having a special companion others don't have or can't achieve but honestly there are players like myself that want to enjoy stuff like this and the cartel market is pretty much our only option. Hate on me if you wish but don't worry even though I will get this companion I will rarely be in game to show her off. I just want a chance to play with it like everyone else, is that so much to ask? I really don't understand people being upset that the companion on the cartel market being such a problem.

Edited by CTFoxhound

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good arguments, would be nice if for us who put in the effort, have legacy 50 for half a year now, this companion would be free without any cost. You get your cartel coin option because you are not as flexible as I am, and for me the 1 million credit is slashed. Edited by Leafy_Bug

Good arguments, would be nice if for us who put in the effort, have legacy 50 for half a year now, this companion would be free without any cost. You get your cartel coin option because you are not as flexible as I am, and for me the 1 million credit is slashed.

Then again, he is paying the same subscription fee you are. So am I. Why do you deserve to get it for free while we don't?

Think you earned it by having high level characters? No. What you earn is high level characters and gear. I don't think you earn some kind of exclusive right to new content.

I'd also like to point out the same thing I said in another thread: Companions are most useful while leveling. Isn't it completely silly then to introduce a new one that would be great for leveling and then exclusively give it to people who have leveled most classes already?

Not a big fan of cartel market, but i agree with you on that. Companions are valid addition to cartel market as long as they are available via other means.

EA gets their money from people that buy it with money and people that play the game for reasonable time can get it with in-game currency. Win win.

p.s Why Ewok though...

There are players out there like myself who don't play often not because we don't want to but because we don't have the time. ......SNIP.

Given that, then I'll post this:

I wonder why we had to do the great acquisition race, the Rakgoul event or the Gree event to get that gear.

EDIT now that I think about it, same for any of the reputations and their venders as well as the upcoming Bounty Contracts Event with the cosmetic gear. Cash for cosmetics - that seems to be what were talking about.

With what I'm reading, why not just put all that in the cartel market? It's all cosmetic.

For the many posting here (and in other threads), should those things also be available for real money? An alternative way to get cosmetic gear without having to play the game and spent so much time on playing. Similar to the companion treek.

Your to busy to play the game, so why is the other interesting cosmetic gear not in the cartel market. Play the game and get them for credits or screw playing the game and just buy your gree vehicle and weapons. Just buy your Bounty Contract weeks gear.

Pretty much the same thing when it comes to cosmetic gear or companion. If you argue that spending coins for cosmetic gear is fine, why are we also not arguing that all cosmetic gear be available for cash so we can skip actually playing the game?

I have no problem with earning it in-game. In a reasonable way though. Legacy level 40 and lots of credits just seems like an annoying grind to me. All in order to get a companion that would help me enjoy what I already did.

As if all the other reputation grinds are not annoying especially the Gree one that only happens every so many months for 1 or 2 weeks only.

Given your line of thinking, all cosmetic gear that has an annoying grind attached to it should be available for cash so that you simply don't have to play the game.

The deeper your pocket book, the less time you should have to spend playing the things in a game you find annoying?

Edited by Quraswren

Then again, he is paying the same subscription fee you are. So am I. Why do you deserve to get it for free while we don't?

Think you earned it by having high level characters? No. What you earn is high level characters and gear. I don't think you earn some kind of exclusive right to new content.

I'd also like to point out the same thing I said in another thread: Companions are most useful while leveling. Isn't it completely silly then to introduce a new one that would be great for leveling and then exclusively give it to people who have leveled most classes already?

I have the legacy requirement he does not. I put the effort and time to get legacy 50 over 6 months ago, I should be rewarded. What have they given me as a legacy 50 user? after 1 year the ability to reduce my personal starship cooldown to 1hr? You are surely kidding, right?When you ask me why I deserve it for free? Before all these buffs and schmuffs, getting legacy 50 was not easy. Look at the playtime i gave to my toons, that should give me the perk to get a companion like this for free. Before the CC many would have argued, yeah but we don't have the time and we cannot get the companion. Now, you can buy it in the cc market and I can get it for free as I HAVE THE REQUIREMENTS! Not ask for a certain requirement and charge me 1 million as well.

Edited by Leafy_Bug

Think you earned it by having high level characters? No. What you earn is high level characters and gear. I don't think you earn some kind of exclusive right to new content.I'd also like to point out the same thing I said in another thread: Companions are most useful while leveling. Isn't it completely silly then to introduce a new one that would be great for leveling and then exclusively give it to people who have leveled most classes already?

I'd like to point out that the legacy system was originally advertised that players with higher legacy levels would get more things available to them.

When it was originally announced they also stated that you would either need the Legacy Level OR the credits, then they changed it to require both (with only a few things left that are granted for free)

As an old player returning to the game, I just see it from a different perspective. Those who have many 55s are already dominating the end-game and the economy, and now you're telling me you want to exclude other players from the feature, even if those other players also paid the subscription fees that have gone into making content updates in the first place?

Consider how the OP is paying for your content updates as well. As a very casual player, he won't see 90% of the content he's paying for. Now some content comes along that could be useful for him and you want that as some sort of end-game privilege?

I find it a bit absurd.

As if all the other reputation grinds are not annoying especially the Gree one that only happens every so many months for 1 or 2 weeks only.

Given your line of thinking, all cosmetic gear that has an annoying grind attached to it should be available for cash so that you simply don't have to play the game.

The deeper your pocket book, the less time you should have to spend playing the things in a game you find annoying?

So because reputations grinds are annoying, this new feature should be annoying as well?

You are missing my point. I don't think subscribers should pay for it at all. I don't think it should be a grind either. Really I just wish they could add a fun new feature to the game that everyone could enjoy without it being some sort of elitist privilege or something that people who are already paying to the play the game should have to pay even more to get.

Edited by thecoffeecup

There are players out there like myself who don't play often not because we don't want to but because we don't have the time. Not just real life stuff but I like playing other games as well. So I'm a casual player here and by casual I mean REALLY casual. I have barely been able to play at all for like 2-3 months now.

If you're so casual, why would any of us give a flip what you think or want? You don't contribute to the game or the community - why on earth should Bioware cater to, or care, about players like yourself? You're a non-factor in every way...why do you think it's better for them to cater to people like yourself vs players who play daily?

So because reputations grinds are annoying, this new feature should be annoying as well?

Given your post and example, if it's annoying it should be bypassed with cash. Since it seems that's your stance, why are you not making the argument that reputation vender items needs to be sold for cash? They are indeed annoying, cosmetic only and fit your criteria to be moved to the cash shop.

You are missing my point. I don't think subscribers should pay for it at all. I don't think it should be a grind either. Really I just wish they could add a fun new feature to the game that everyone could enjoy without it being some sort of elitist privilege or something that people who are already paying to the play the game should have to pay even more to get.

It would be nice but this is not that game and given past examples of BW's doings with the market, I wouldn't get my hopes up when it comes to benefits of being a subscriber.

If you're so casual, why would any of us give a flip what you think or want? You don't contribute to the game or the community - why on earth should Bioware cater to, or care, about players like yourself? You're a non-factor in every way...why do you think it's better for them to cater to people like yourself vs players who play daily?

heh..what did you said yesterday to someone...

Huh...imagine that, nothing but a personal attack from uzi. Nothing on the topic, just a chance to attack a poster.

i let your own post be my response to you. btw get it, your anti CM sentiment is pretty clear now, go chill out.

Who cares what you or him pay? It's about what you two CONTRIBUTE to the game and the game community. Legacy levels are earned by people who are actively playing and involved in the game and the rewards attached to the Legacy level are there to promote playing the game, something you and the OP haven't done.

Neither you nor the OP are of any value, besides your sub fee (that isn't meant to be rude or personal, I mean as a contributor to the community) - you don't run guilds, you don't organize Ops, you aren't running ranked PvP, you're not crafting top end gear, you're not making video guides on RAID bosses....why do you think you matter as much as people who do?

Given your post and example, if it's annoying it should be bypassed with cash. Since it seems that's your stance, why are you not making the argument that reputation vender items needs to be sold for cash? They are indeed annoying, cosmetic only and fit your criteria to be moved to the cash shop.

Strawman.

I actually think it should be free for subscribers, but with a non-grindy introduction quest for the new companion.

I just don't think the alternative to CCs should be grinding.

Who cares what you or him pay? It's about what you two CONTRIBUTE to the game and the game community. Legacy levels are earned by people who are actively playing and involved in the game and the rewards attached to the Legacy level are there to promote playing the game, something you and the OP haven't done.

Neither you nor the OP are of any value, besides your sub fee (that isn't meant to be rude or personal, I mean as a contributor to the community) - you don't run guilds, you don't organize Ops, you aren't running ranked PvP, you're not crafting top end gear, you're not making video guides on RAID bosses....why do you think you matter as much as people who do?

I'm nice to people in the game. I've often helped people that have asked. I am not an elitist jerk.

How are you contributing to the community by posting that other players have no value?

Edited by thecoffeecup

heh..what did you said yesterday to someone...

i let your own post be my response to you. btw get it, your anti CM sentiment is pretty clear now, go chill out.

Not even remotely close astro - nothing in there was a personal attack nor was it meant to be rude in any way. Read it however you like, but my tone was one of true perplexity, not viciousness.

I'm asking the OP why he feels he is entitled to a Legacy reward, a reward specifically designed to reward players who DO contribute to the game - by contribute, I mean they are active players. I asked why he feels he should be allowed to bypass everything, including playing, to get a reward to a game that he plays once every 2-3 months.

that is ALOT OF GENERALIZATION with NO foundation. just because we are causal doesnt mean dont contribute. i am an officer within my guild. i login to swtor EVERYDAY since november. i ranked pvp and full decked out conqueror gear with augs, i run thru raids and is currently working for kell dragon gear, i am one of the few ppl within my guild that craft top tier purple mods. i run my guild facebook and twitter pages. i am no these forum everyday helping out new players. my point here,you dont decide whether i am contributing or not. how much a person give in a community varies, some give alot other give less;however,WE ALL GIVE SOMETHING.

I'm nice to people in the game. I've often helped people that have asked. I am not an elitist jerk.

How are you contributing to the community by posting that other players have no value?

I run Ops every week, I PvP, I buy from the GTN, I start groups, I invite new players to groups, I help new players who are leveling, I invite random people to do Heroics, I buff strangers, I sell resources, I offer advice....all of these are ways "I" contribute and I can only do these things by actually PLAYING the game.

I'm not some elitist jerk - I simply see no reason that there shouldn't be a minor reward for people who have been playing the game that people who only log on every 2-3 months (as the OP admits he does) can't get by buying it.