Confused and Very Upset!

shantale

Can someone tell me how the heck on a PVE server can you become flagged for PVP if a Sith jumps into mobs your killing- 4 levels above my husband and I and it flags us for PVP????

I bought this game for PVE where does it say the last stretch to 50 is nothing but a gank fest on a PVE Server???

Ok done ranting but someone please explain how the last ten levels work so I can either get a refund on the game that is advertised for PVE??? But it is actually PVP???

Thanks

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Somehow if someone manages to jump into your AE instead of being immune like they should be they take damage and it flags you. I haven't seen a dev comment on this but it must be a bug so hopefully it is on their fix list for soon. :(

they should put in an option to keep this kind of griefing out of the game.

Maybe a way to not flag unless you remove a pvp lock out. For pve servers only.

If you roll on a pvp server your sol.. period..

as for the carebear statement, think of it this way. go roll on a pvp server and never be allowed to be in the same instance as an enemy.. let me know how much fun it will be then ...

very very wrong as well. Its a PVE server, you should not be able to attack a flagged player if you are not flagged yourself

Name one game where you can't. That's actually the reason to run around flagged, is so YOU get jumped.

very very wrong as well. Its a PVE server, you should not be able to attack a flagged player if you are not flagged yourself

Well there's something wrong with the system then because I was able to target a non flagged person when I was also non flagged.

I have read somewhere that it's something to do with a bug with AoE spells.

It's another broken/unfinished aspect of the game OP. The trolls in this thread represent the PvP mindset. They raise hell if anyone complains about PvP on their server. "Go to PvE server carebear" they'll spew. Then they want to berate you for getting griefed by their kind because of Bioware's oversight.

In case you didn't know, it's broken. In finished MMOs, whether you hit depends on your flag, NOT the griefer's. Your abilities should hit everything but the griefer, since YOU are not flagged.

Just add it to Bioware's DERP! pile.

My guess is you used an AoE effect of some type that damaged the Sith player without having to target him causing you to get flagged.

I remember reading something similar on teh RIft forums whe I was playing that game. I don't know if this is by design or an oversight (I also play on PvP so I didn't follow the issue to resolution in rift). But I would be that that is the cause of the issue.

It's another broken/unfinished aspect of the game OP. The trolls in this thread represent the PvP mindset. They raise hell if anyone complains about PvP on their server. "Go to PvE server carebear" they'll spew. Then they want to berate you for getting griefed by their kind because of Bioware's oversight.

In case you didn't know, it's broken. In finished MMOs, whether you hit depends on your flag, NOT the griefer's. Your abilities should hit everything but the griefer, since YOU are not flagged.

Just add it to Bioware's DERP! pile.

Rift had the same issue months into the game and that was supposedly the most polished release in MMO history so I would say it was a finished MMO.

Edit: Months not moths...

Edited by Srqt

Rift had the same issue months into the game and that was supposedly the most polished release in MMO history so I would say it was a finished MMO.

Edit: Months not moths...

Actually they patched it in beta 5. Ooops!

Thank you to all that responded nicely, I am hoping it is a bug and I did a in-game request but we know how Cs is it would be weeks before someone responded. :mad:

And to all that is stating that this happens in every game your wrong I have been playing since the Mud days and I know what I enjoy and what I don't, call me care bear, call me what you want but you don't pay for my game so I don't think you should be telling me how I want to play, and if a game advertisement states that I do not have to PVP then I should not have to worry about if I am not on PVP server.