Swtor players in FP HM's

Hi,

Think something needs to be done here with Hard Mode Flashpoints.

Bioware your giving away to high a number of Data Crystals to new players to swtor that havnt even entered a tactical before even attempting a Hard Mode flashpoint.

Either dont let players in to a hard mode flashpoint till they have done it in tactical at least or boost there gear that they are not entering in low gear for there level.

I used to like doing Random flashpoints but not any more after the damn scaling and giving people start at 60 when they never even played the game before.

5 hours wasted in 2 HM Flashpoints The Lost Island & The battle of Rishi because nobody had a clue about the tactics, it wouldnt be so bad if they had done them previously in a Tactical at least then they would have some idea.

Its really put me off from random Flashpoints, it will be guild only from now on

Anyway doubt Bioware will even look at this

but this is my whinge and moan of the week.

I'd rather them just rating-gate FPs. They finally made it so you cannot enter ranked with less then 2018, and while that doesn't stop folks in entry-level gear derping it out, they certainly cut down on some of the people who messed things up.

But even some tacticals are overtuned. Let alone HMs.

Why not proving grounds like in WoW ? I've never played WoW, but apparently that was a good idea. From what I understand, you have DPS, heal and tank challenges depending on the role you want to tag in. If you don't succeed in those challenges, you can't tag and if you succeed in the dps challenge for example, you can only tag as a dps with the character you succeeded the challenge with. That way dps tagging as heal or tank for faster queues would be forced to have tanking/healing gear and know how to tank/heal and new players would have to learn to play their class before being able to tag.

Bioware your giving away to high a number of Data Crystals to new players to swtor that havnt even entered a tactical before even attempting a Hard Mode flashpoint.

Yet I did hard mode Lost Island before I did story mode. I can't remember doing it at least. Could've been before they added achievements since I didn't have any for LI when I entered hard mode. That was on level 51 or 52 Sentinel when level cap was 55.

I'd rather them just rating-gate FPs. They finally made it so you cannot enter ranked with less then 2018, and while that doesn't stop folks in entry-level gear derping it out, they certainly cut down on some of the people who messed things up.

But even some tacticals are overtuned. Let alone HMs.

So, you're saying hard modes should be level 65 and rating 216+ only?

Edited by Halinalle

Why not proving grounds like in WoW ? I've never played WoW, but apparently that was a good idea. From what I understand, you have DPS, heal and tank challenges depending on the role you want to tag in. If you don't succeed in those challenges, you can't tag and if you succeed in the dps challenge for example, you can only tag as a dps with the character you succeeded the challenge with. That way dps tagging as heal or tank for faster queues would be forced to have tanking/healing gear and know how to tank/heal and new players would have to learn to play their class before being able to tag.

Yes, Proving Grounds, I like the idea.

It won;t make a difference if the players are stupid. i did SM OPS in 192 gear and I tanked.

The Tacticals are a bit over tuned, even a regular tactical, you cannot PUG with idiots or it will be a wipe fest. Moreover, Battle of Rishi? It and Blood Hunt are FPs that most players didn't do because they are a colossal waste of time. They are harder than the other FPs but give the same reward. Waste of time. Lost Island was always a pain.

You can two-man some HM FPs if your comps have high influence level. I had a tank and healer bailed on us in Battle of Illum and the other dude and I just used out COMPs as heals and the FP went better than it would have had those two not bailed.

Morevover, any levle toon can join a FP (10+) which makes it hella difficult to finish. i mean a level 15 tank is not gonna do any good. Might as well have the level 65 warrior skank tank

It would be a great addition to the game. I Played wow this year for the first time and it has a double check to access heroic content, the ilvl (index level of your gear) and the proving ground with 3 lvls (bronze/silver/gold), Each level is a number of waves to heal/dps/tank with an increasing difficulty. You need to complete at least bronze and silver to be allowed to tag for heroic stuff .

The system is not perfect but at least it doesn't allow people to tag as healer or tank in hard mode content if they are not . This insures also that people have a minimal knowledge about their classes.

On the ground: wipes are not common in heroic dungeons on wow.

This Week end we tagged with a friend for a HM fp... OMG, dat run on Rakata prime.

Our first healer was an operative, he has never healed before and was willing to try to heal in hard mode content (...), it was a disaster, he left us after three tries on the first boss because he was unable to keep a single dps alive. (he was constantly spamming his strongest heal, running out of energy pretty quickly, spotted him quickly cause my main is an operative healer).

The guys we had in replacement was a sorcerer. He cried about not being able to reach us and stands in front of a pack of ads awaiting. He didn't noticed the little shorcut on the left of the path (everyone knows that one usually).

Once we were finally able to start the first boss, a dps died in the fire aoe (...) then released and aggroed the ads we skipped on the way and died again... then the healer left (without a word). and the dps too. (monster fun ...).

yeah nerf them even further. they can't see the story this way, they could call them SMII

players are getting what they are asking for, it's since LI that i see people complaining for the difficulty and content is dumbed down. that doesn't lead to better players.

FP nerfs:

LI multiple times

first 4 55 hm ( omg bonus bossess, omg strong mobs)

new 55 HM

blood hunt lol and even rishi battle(which has always been easy)

i've seen people advertizing for DF from draxus, it means someone wiped, that could use another nerf maybe, so everybody will see the story.

yeah nerf them even further. they can't see the story this way, they could call them SMII

players are getting what they are asking for, it's since LI that i see people complaining for the difficulty and content is dumbed down. that doesn't lead to better players.

FP nerfs:

LI multiple times

first 4 55 hm ( omg bonus bossess, omg strong mobs)

new 55 HM

blood hunt lol and even rishi battle(which has always been easy)

i've seen people advertizing for DF from draxus, it means someone wiped, that could use another nerf maybe, so everybody will see the story.

^^^ To this elitist I suggest he put on ONLY 208 gear and cue up and HOPE he gets Blood hunt.

Video it, come back here and tell me how awesome-sauce you are!

The Hardmodes are a complete WASTE of time. They are in fact too hard to do for the reward they give.

IF they gave a piece of 220 gear on the end boss I would be cuing up but having to WEAR 216 gear to win 216 gear is LAME!

Finally some of the issues I have with both Ops and HM Flashpoints are that the players will not take time to listen to you on how to do them. This could be mitigated somewhat with an in game voice program like EQ2 has. If you want to do Ops and have never done them then you HAVE to join voice to hear instructions. Typing them out for an inexperienced player is sooo 1998 classic EQ.

Edited by Larsenex

Im really. REALLY want to see some videos of Lost Island walkthrough. HM or Tactical it doesn't matter.

BUT!!!!!!!

Not with GUILD run. Not with VOICE programm.

PUG ONLY.

Becouse it becomes obvious that players who made videos like "Oh look we did it! it was SO easy!" was having those advantages.

I want to see video of successful PUG experience. Not prepared group.

GO GO HARDCORE :D;)

^^^ To this elitist I suggest he put on ONLY 208 gear and cue up and HOPE he gets Blood hunt.

Video it, come back here and tell me how awesome-sauce you are!

The Hardmodes are a complete WASTE of time. They are in fact too hard to do for the reward they give.

IF they gave a piece of 220 gear on the end boss I would be cuing up but having to WEAR 216 gear to win 216 gear is LAME!

Finally some of the issues I have with both Ops and HM Flashpoints are that the players will not take time to listen to you on how to do them. This could be mitigated somewhat with an in game voice program like EQ2 has. If you want to do Ops and have never done them then you HAVE to join voice to hear instructions. Typing them out for an inexperienced player is sooo 1998 classic EQ.

i'd like to say that i agree completely about FP rewards being too weak. i'd put a 216 setbonus piece in the end, or an implant token like core meltdown had. i agree also with the fact that you have to somehow overgear them to compensate new players queuing. you can call me elitist but it doesn't change that if you have all the game that is a joke, once you queue for hm you'll get a slap in your face. i mean, solo flashpoints with droid jesus? how's possible that people don't know how to play? it's years you see posts about solo flashpoints and in the end they did it. not helping the MMO players though. or kuat, tacticals as principle..try to take a first timer in a hm operation, he can have done all the possible sm and beside ev/kp, voice won't help him. this game has no more a learning curve, it has big separate brackets, somehow hard to pass for new players.

i'd like to say that i agree completely about FP rewards being too weak. i'd put a 216 setbonus piece in the end, or an implant token like core meltdown had. i agree also with the fact that you have to somehow overgear them to compensate new players queuing. you can call me elitist but it doesn't change that if you have all the game that is a joke, once you queue for hm you'll get a slap in your face. i mean, solo flashpoints with droid jesus? how's possible that people don't know how to play? it's years you see posts about solo flashpoints and in the end they did it. not helping the MMO players though. or kuat, tacticals as principle..try to take a first timer in a hm operation, he can have done all the possible sm and beside ev/kp, voice won't help him. this game has no more a learning curve, it has big separate brackets, somehow hard to pass for new players.

If you put a set-piece it'll just change the course of least resistance. (People will always gear up the quickest way they can). But a guaranteed MK-2 piece off the final boss for each player would be a good drop, I think.

Just kick people from your group when it's obvious they can't finish the flashpoint.

Sooner or later you'll find a whole team that can complete :rolleyes:

But for real, this isn't a flashpoint problem, it's a player problem.

Probably their first fight where they can die from using basic attacks and standing still.

Edited by DragonsGalore

Im really. REALLY want to see some videos of Lost Island walkthrough. HM or Tactical it doesn't matter.

BUT!!!!!!!

Not with GUILD run. Not with VOICE programm.

PUG ONLY.

Becouse it becomes obvious that players who made videos like "Oh look we did it! it was SO easy!" was having those advantages.

I want to see video of successful PUG experience. Not prepared group.

GO GO HARDCORE

Done it with pug. No video though and it took us about 2 hours (we had no clue about tactics and figured it out step by step) but we made it. Dps were average pug dps - we hit enrage a couple of times here and there and were not even close on bonus boss, tank - above average. And I healed it on hm/nim geared sage and pulled about 8k ehps on that jumping beast (those are numbers without bubbles absorb). Could probably heal it in pvp set but highly doubt about comms 208 gear :/

BTW bonus boss has 2 m 30 sec enrage timer and half the time you run avoiding icicles. Again i highly doubt that average pug dps can do it.

Done it with pug. No video though and it took us about 2 hours (we had no clue about tactics and figured it out step by step) but we made it. Dps were average pug dps - we hit enrage a couple of times here and there and were not even close on bonus boss, tank - above average. And I healed it on hm/nim geared sage and pulled about 8k ehps on that jumping beast (those are numbers without bubbles absorb). Could probably heal it in pvp set but highly doubt about comms 208 gear :/

It can be done, I did it in ressurected gear. We wiped a lot as well, but mostly because I had never done it at level and I needed to see the fight for real to understand the tactics and the other 3 needed to remember how to do.

BTW bonus boss has 2 m 30 sec enrage timer and half the time you run avoiding icicles. Again i highly doubt that average pug dps can do it.

I defeated it in my average pug. The thing people don't seem to understand is that you have to dps him while moving.

Now tell me - was it worth your time? :rolleyes::D

It can be done, I did it in ressurected gear. We wiped a lot as well, but mostly because I had never done it at level and I needed to see the fight for real to understand the tactics and the other 3 needed to remember how to do.

I defeated it in my average pug. The thing people don't seem to understand is that you have to dps him while moving.

Sorry dude. But i don't believe NOT IN A SINGLE WORD OF YOURS.

Seriously.

You are so full of bs that you can cover the whole surface of Earth with it.

Bosses in LI HM hit like a truck. Im not even gonna mention trash pulls that able to kill the whole team IN A FEW SECONDS.

With 192 geared healer, with extremely good team mates you are PROBABLY was able to crawl into 3rd boss.

But...

I guess you didn't even get to it.

Becouse by the time boss reached "pipe jumping" stage - you should probably realize that your team was dead.

Becouse DoT's in this stage are insane.

And you are still trying to convince me that YOU healed HM LI in a 192 gear?

I call you a liar. Unless you want to give some proofs.

Sorry dude. But i don't believe NOT IN A SINGLE WORD OF YOURS.

Seriously.

You are so full of bs that you can cover the whole surface of Earth with it.

Bosses in LI HM hit like a truck. Im not even gonna mention trash pulls that able to kill the whole team IN A FEW SECONDS.

With 192 geared healer, with extremely good team mates you are PROBABLY was able to crawl into 3rd boss.

But...

I guess you didn't even get to it.

Becouse by the time boss reached "pipe jumping" stage - you should probably realize that your team was dead.

Becouse DoT's in this stage are insane.

And you are still trying to convince me that YOU healed HM LI in a 192 gear?

I call you a liar. Unless you want to give some proofs.

The fact you're not able to do it doesn't mean it can't be done. Yes we wiped a lot, mostly due to mechanic and on some trash as well, but I know my toon, I know what I can and can't do. I healed HM ops back in 3.0 so I can pull high numbers. Insulting me won't prove you right though. If I had known someone would react like that, I would have recorded it.

Remember that those FP are balanced around level 50 bolstered characters.

Fun fact : if you cleanse the DoT, it hurts less ;)

Edited by LudhaninRolgge