New emotes! - 2.9 PTS

Lovethebeard

It's a real pain in the arse to line yourself up so that /chair looks passable. :o

Really?

I find it pretty easy on anything that's solid.

The stronghold arrangements (ie. both sofas and a table) on the PTS are not solid yet, but on everything else you just back up to whatever it is and type /chair when you're close enough to get stopped by it.

Really?

I find it pretty easy on anything that's solid.

The stronghold arrangements (ie. both sofas and a table) on the PTS are not solid yet, but on everything else you just back up to whatever it is and type /chair when you're close enough to get stopped by it.

I must be clumsy then cos when I try to do it half of the time the toon automatically climbs the chair and ends up sitting in air above it if I emote lol.

Yes. But now we can /chair on other player's Treek and Blizz.

:jawa_frown::p

Edited by aeterno

I read this on Reddit and it made me laugh like hell...

Hours and hours of voice overs, with gigabytes and gigabytes of data. Weeks and months of story writing for quests that can have dozens of outcomes.

...and now we can finally sit in a chair.

Sad but poignantly accurate. Couldn't have said it better myself.

To be fair Darth_Wicket, we've been able to sit in A chair since start :)

The chair on the ship :)

Bounty hunters I think it is. :)

To be fair - not to say accurate - we've been able to sit in a FEW chairs since start, surely NOT even half of them, including the ones in your ship.

There's also a ban in the SW universe, concerning sitting on couches and the like.

To be fair - not to say accurate - we've been able to sit in a FEW chairs since start, surely NOT even half of them, including the ones in your ship.

There's also a ban in the SW universe, concerning sitting on couches and the like.

I always thought that was weird, there's even a tooltip for a couch and a bench on some ships. But you can't sit on them.

And the chairs you can sit on, you don't have to type /chair to interact with. No idea what the distinction is between those chairs and any other item on the ship.

On a side note, depending on where you are when you type /chair. It can place you in at least 3 different postures. It's like a combo of chair1, recline, and the one where you sort of put your leg on your other knee. Seems to happen randomly.

edit: added links to screens

Edited by mokkh

Yes it is only recently that the Empire and Republic have eased up on their restrictions on sitting and lying down.

The sith have always concidered it weak to have to sit or lie down.

The jedi have always thought it lead to laziness which is a path to the dark side.

Massive complaints from non-force users have recently managed to relax those restraints tho :)

Edited by OddballEasyEight

Oh wow, this is huge! How do these work exactly? If you are not in front of a chair, do you just sit in the air? Does it work on any chair in the game, or only ones in strongholds? Can you lie down on the floor, or on a couch, or only on a bed item?

Are these emotes going to be available to all? Something like these should have been basic commands in place since launch, IMO. If they are going to be in cartel packs, they should be so ridiculously common that they are raining from the sky, because it makes no sense that only the wealthy are capable of sitting and laying down. If they are being sold through the CM directly, they should cost no more than 10cc's.

I always thought that was weird, there's even a tooltip for a couch and a bench on some ships. But you can't sit on them.

And the chairs you can sit on, you don't have to type /chair to interact with. No idea what the distinction is between those chairs and any other item on the ship.

On a side note, depending on where you are when you type /chair. It can place you in at least 3 different postures. It's like a combo of chair1, recline, and the one where you sort of put your leg on your other knee. Seems to happen randomly.

Yeah the story is that the original team thought it was too complicated to program sitting for all the charis and couches.

But apparantly one rouge programmer didn't agree and snuck a few in anyway to prove it could be done.

It's not something they like to talk about apparantly, but it seems like it has been confirmed as true.

Edited by OddballEasyEight

Oh wow, this is huge! How do these work exactly? If you are not in front of a chair, do you just sit in the air? Does it work on any chair in the game, or only ones in strongholds? Can you lie down on the floor, or on a couch, or only on a bed item?

Are these emotes going to be available to all? Something like these should have been basic commands in place since launch, IMO. If they are going to be in cartel packs, they should be so ridiculously common that they are raining from the sky, because it makes no sense that only the wealthy are capable of sitting and laying down. If they are being sold through the CM directly, they should cost no more than 10cc's.

You can sit on air at this point, it places a little transparent stool where your butt is going to be placed and the emote happens, regardless of furniture placement.

Edited by mokkh

Same system they had in CoH and it worked just fine - although you also had /ledgesit for sitting on ledges, obv - and /wallean ... for, well, leaning against walls.

But I'm intrigued - are there 2 /chair emotes? he seems to strike different poses.

It randomizes every time you type /chair it would seem.

In other words, if you want your character to sit in a certain fashion, be ready to spam /chair to oblivion.

It randomizes every time you type /chair it would seem.

In other words, if you want your character to sit in a certain fashion, be ready to spam /chair to oblivion.

It would make much more sense if they made it /chairX, so if you wanted pose one it would be /chair1 or if you wanted pose five it would be /chair5. Dance could use something like that too.

Also, from what I can tell you either end up sitting at the edge of whatever you're trying to sit on or you're floating above it (from getting too close and standing on it). What they should do is have your character animation include you taking a step or so back so that you're actually sitting down in the chair like a normal person.

I am happy to see them put in a general purpose emote for sitting down. It's a good compromise to not being able to interact directly with the existing chairs.

A solution for sitting in chairs, a long time request. This is an acceptable way to handle it IMO

Now is this cartel market? I sure hope not, this is more of feature that should be for everyone.

Both are free emotes (at least on PTS)

And I am not sure if it is a bug or not, but in some of the arrangements (like sofas around coffee table), the sofas can be walked through, allowing much easier aiming of "sitting", otherwise, it takes a bit of practice to properly position yourself.

Both are free emotes (at least on PTS)

And I am not sure if it is a bug or not, but in some of the arrangements (like sofas around coffee table), the sofas can be walked through, allowing much easier aiming of "sitting", otherwise, it takes a bit of practice to properly position yourself.

cool :cool: