Disney books seems to be, strangely, less family friendly than Del Rey ones.

Angedechu

It's the understatement of the century here that StarWars, as franchise go, was rather prudish, with the most extreme scenes in decades remaining ''the golden bikini'', which as sexual enslavement (let's be honest) go, was almost puritan. Even in the books, there was only a minuscule amount of...such scenes

In itself, it's not a bad thing-it's not an obligation to have nudity every chapter mixed with dragons and brutal decapitations (that does not make either for a bad book either)

One of the most bizarre things in the SW franchise was the insistance that the Twi'lek ''dancers'' actually dance for their clients, which is one of the most thinly veiled euphemism I can imagine for a remotely realist universe.

(And even, only some books, usually X-Wing ones, hint that this is an euphemism-most seems to take it straight).

The new Sith Lords books, while making it a tad corny at times, flat out states that this in fact prostitution, and that even include underage prostitution. That's not a bad or good change, but that's certainly a surprising change.

One of the most bizarre things in the SW franchise was the insistance that the Twi'lek ''dancers'' actually dance for their clients, which is one of the most thinly veiled euphemism I can imagine for a remotely realist universe.
I thought they were just dancers. :o Edited by Beniboybling

(And even, only some books, usually X-Wing ones, hint that this is an euphemism-most seems to take it straight).

The new Sith Lords books, while making it a tad corny at times, flat out states that this in fact prostitution, and that even include underage prostitution. That's not a bad or good change, but that's certainly a surprising change.

For the most part, I usually considered it more as a stripper sort of job. However, it's not like it's a huge stretch to go from that to prostitution... willingly or unwillingly.

Also, what new books? I haven't seen anything new in my local bookstores?