Force bubble way OP

heechJunzi

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it is a balance to the melee heavy teams now. For those of you having problems with it, suggest you take a sniper and have him pop it from a distance than jump. Not only does this make Sorc useful in PVP, this also makes ranged classes useful too.

Sweet, fix this annoying ability, but before you do how about you look into these things first:

1: Resolve, in general - getting chain stunned and watching your entire health pool drop to zero is retarded.

2: You can stealth cap a node using the animation delay, forcing you to break the first stun to stop the cap, which leads to the stealther combat stealthing, mind-mezz, cap...

3:POWERTECHS AND VANGUARDS - 3 buttons, crazy burst, control, and continuous damage - this class breaks pvp, :do something about it.

4: Smash spec - It was strong before, it's crazy now (still leagues away from VG/PT because with this class/spec you can at least anticipate and avoid).

5: Super long (interrupt me) cast times for sages/sorcs, force speed is super easy to mitigate, self heal.... wait, sage is less than 1/2 health, STUN STUN STUN - dead, sages have to kill themselves to keep casting...........

6: tons of other imbalances that I could complain about.

7: Bubble stun.

Bubble stun may be annoying, but it should not be anywhere near the top of your priority list of things to "balance."

Edited by alexsamma

I find ironic that you say " Being Stunned over and over again " when that is exactly what the stun bubble is doing.

I don't Suggest that the bubble should be nerfed for the Soc just the ability to put it on their whole team, and they can manually trigger it while not adding the resolve of a stun.

But sages/sorcs are barely useful in pvp and this is what makes us useful. I bet if you are being bubbled with a stun bubble you would not qq. Honestly the chain stuns need to stop that is what I mean. As all my friends say it is hypocritical for them to complain because they love it. `It should not be nerfed as we can not apply for every 20 secs. Honestly, thought If they nerf LOL..DERP.. SMASH then yes maybe look into it.

Edited by Partygurl

3:POWERTECHS AND VANGUARDS - 3 buttons, crazy burst, control, and continuous damage - this class breaks pvp, :do something about it.

ok first its pyro/assualt vanguards and powertechs not powertech and vanguards in general - trust me Vanguard tanks need buffing not nerfing, after all I have never heard of ranked teams looking for vanguard tanks. Passive mitigation is fine for ops but it is hardly effective compared to the cds of the other classes

5: Super long (interrupt me) cast times for sages/sorcs, force speed is super easy to mitigate, self heal.... wait, sage is less than 1/2 health, STUN STUN STUN - dead, sages have to kill themselves to keep casting....

yeah those cast times are long and interruptable cause so many of those casted force happen to be non-dodge or shieldable and bypass armor to boot, i.e. they can burn tanks as hard as another sorc if not harder since i dont have a bubble.

As for bubblestun teams? easy fix just make it so the stun only occurs for bubbles the sage/sorc has put on himself, not one he put on his teamates. That way the sorc/sage has his escape but his team doesnt get the extra stun ability

But sages/sorcs are barely useful in pvp and this is what makes us useful. I bet if you are being bubbled with a stun bubble you would not qq. Honestly the chain stuns need to stop that is what I mean. As all my friends say it is hypocritical for them to complain because they love it. `It should not be nerfed as we can not apply for every 20 secs. Honestly, thought If they nerf LOL..DERP.. SMASH then yes maybe look into it.

Well thats the whole point of it tho isn't it. Its fun when you're team has a guy doing it - its really sucks when you are on the other side.

I've been on both sides. It needs to conform to the established resolve that Stuns add. right now it 'resolves' like a mezz. I don't think anyone can say thats fair.

ok first its pyro/assualt vanguards and powertechs not powertech and vanguards in general - trust me Vanguard tanks need buffing not nerfing, after all I have never heard of ranked teams looking for vanguard tanks. Passive mitigation is fine for ops but it is hardly effective compared to the cds of the other classes

yeah those cast times are long and interruptable cause so many of those casted force happen to be non-dodge or shieldable and bypass armor to boot, i.e. they can burn tanks as hard as another sorc if not harder since i dont have a bubble.

As for bubblestun teams? easy fix just make it so the stun only occurs for bubbles the sage/sorc has put on himself, not one he put on his teamates. That way the sorc/sage has his escape but his team doesnt get the extra stun ability

Sure, that would work if you didn't have to give up a lot of your healing/dps to pick up the bubble mezz; basically, you exchange the the ability to heal multiple targets, lose part of your resource management, and 6% bonus healing to go up the middle tree and pickup the bubble mezz. If you take away the ability to apply the bubble mezz to teammates you take away most of the effectiveness of the hybrid sage builds

As far as tanks go, there are no good pure tanks, all tanks (regardless of class) are forced to run hybrid builds to be effective in pvp.

Like I said, there are a ton of other imbalances that need to be addressed before the devs even think about adjusting the bubble mezz/stun.

Edited by alexsamma

I propose a swap of sorts: Sorcs/Sages will no longer be able to bubble others with stunning bubbles but Smash/Force Sweep must be based on one's actual critical rating rather than the guaranteed one that Force Leap/Force Charge and Zealous Leap/Obliterate currently provide LOLSmashers with. This would force LOLSmashers to start stacking crit at the expense of power. As things stand now stunning bubbles are our only real defense against the 6-7k hits we are frequently hit with (and not a very good defense at that as others have stated).

Considering I play neither of these classes, I /sign for these changes haha

I pvp.... Alot... As in I've done maybe 2 FPs in the many months I've played this game.

My main is a sage healer. I leveled her through pvp only, so didn't get 50 until 1.2 hit. I rolled fullspec heals while leveling and past 1.3.

When 1.4 was announced I switched to bubble blind spec (after trying to make fullspec work in pvp for ages. Including alternative gearing... Yes I ran with stacked alacrity and defense for ages. And NO it does NOT work.)

Pre 1.4 bubble blind hybrid was better off in PvP, especially in coordinated groups who knew how to NOT break mezzes. Post 1.4 I saw an instant increase in viability (look at the changes for 1.4... It's self-evident why a sage/sorc would want to go hybrid heals..)

People should think their suggestions through before crying nerf. Bubble blind is NOT a personal survivability cooldown for sorc/sages. It is a spec that increases group utility through CC. You loose out on the best AoE heal in the game and several spec points for increased healing output to get access to the CC component of your bread and butter heal (bubble)

If people got their wish and it got nerfed so only the caster gets the CC on bubble break, then why the **** spend 7 skillpoints in a DPS skill tree to get it? Sage/sorc Heals would be pigeonholed into fullspec.. (if that nerf goes through, they need to move the bubble blind talent into tier 1 or 2, so ALL sage/sorc specs get access to it)

If they "fix" bubble blind so it gives out the proper amount of resolve, then bubble blinds become counterproductive by making sure every enemy is whitebarred all the time. That would mean instant death to the bubble blind spec.

If they "nerf" the bubbles so they don't CC people if it is manually clicked off... Well.... Then they actually nerf the real inbalance that exist for this particular skill... The main problem we get from bubble blind spec is the 3 sec on demand AoE CC people get to use... (Oh yeah, please make cybertech grenades unuseable in WZs as well then, cuz why is it fair that crafted grenades have the exact same functionality that Sages get QQ over?)

If BW chooses to overnerf the bubbleblind spec, then sages and sorcs are right back at square one.. No viable spec for ranked/coordinated play.

If I go fullspec sage heals in ranked/coordinated play, then I NEED a dedicated tank AND a peeler to be worth the slot I take up. Nothing to do with my lack of skill. Everything to do with the current metagame and game mechanics.

So Bioware, I ask you. Nerf bubbles so people can't AoE CC people proactively by manually breaking the bubble. If you nerf the bubbles more than that, then PLEASE buff the 31 point specs so Sages/sorcs finally get a viable fullspec for top tier pvp play.

I've been a ways away on my screen from a bubbler and still got stunned. And if you r specced bubble stun you are also specced knock back root which pretty much neuters a marauder. Sounds like if u are having issues with melee in ur spec, it is u that needs to l2p.

Sounds like you are having issues with sages in your spec (i have no problems with them) so it is u that needs to l2p :D:D:D.

It would be cool if sentinels could buff 4 ppl every 20 secs (but not more than once per person every 30) with the ability to do a force sweep with full singularities. Instant buffs.

Somebody obviously has never seen predation after predation after predation score/turret/door ... Same with bloodthirst (hope i remembered the mirror of inspiration right).

Edited by SajPl

I think it is a balance to the melee heavy teams now. For those of you having problems with it, suggest you take a sniper and have him pop it from a distance than jump. Not only does this make Sorc useful in PVP, this also makes ranged classes useful too.

+1 to this post

If people got their wish and it got nerfed so only the caster gets the CC on bubble break, then why the **** spend 7 skillpoints in a DPS skill tree to get it?

I agree, the bubble pop stun should work on all your allies.

If they "fix" bubble blind so it gives out the proper amount of resolve, then bubble blinds become counterproductive by making sure every enemy is whitebarred all the time. That would mean instant death to the bubble blind spec.

No. You can have a 3-second mez for 300 resolve or a 3-second stun for 600 resolve. You can't have it both ways. People either need to not break mezzes (l2p), or the sorc needs to actually be careful about throwing bubbles around if she/he is concerned about everyone being white-barred.

If they "nerf" the bubbles so they don't CC people if it is manually clicked off... Well.... Then they actually nerf the real inbalance that exist for this particular skill... The main problem we get from bubble blind spec is the 3 sec on demand AoE CC people get to use... (Oh yeah, please make cybertech grenades unuseable in WZs as well then, cuz why is it fair that crafted grenades have the exact same functionality that Sages get QQ over?)

Yes, manually clicking off the bubble to initiate the stun is totally broken. But the comparison to grenades is unfair. Unless you have figured out a way to throw a grenade while stunned.

Lastly, I agree that the Sorcs/Sages need a better 31pt build option.

I agree, the bubble pop stun should work on all your allies.

No. You can have a 3-second mez for 300 resolve or a 3-second stun for 600 resolve. You can't have it both ways. People either need to not break mezzes (l2p), or the sorc needs to actually be careful about throwing bubbles around if she/he is concerned about everyone being white-barred.

Yes, manually clicking off the bubble to initiate the stun is totally broken. But the comparison to grenades is unfair. Unless you have figured out a way to throw a grenade while stunned.

Lastly, I agree that the Sorcs/Sages need a better 31pt build option.

The only reason I defend the 300 resolve bubble is due to the way it forces the metagame. With 600 resolve bubbles I would go looking for a bubble or two to pop as a melee, giving me a whitebar before unloading my main burst. I realize that other cc follows certain rules, but since no AC is born equal, I can live with bubbles behaving a bit differently.

Especially since the fix on manually popping the bubble effectively takes away all control of the timing of when the bubble pops.

So if bubbles give 600 resolve like any other cc, then we keep the manual pop on demand...

I can't believe all of you defending this nonsense.

If a team has a bubble spec sorc/sage on their team everybody on that team essentially has an extra cc that auto aoe stuns when the bubble is destroyed.

What if the other team doesn't have a bubble spec sorc/sage? is this not a huge unfair advantage?

I've got a 50 sorc & I can tell you that this cc needs to change. Give it to the sorc & the sage but no one else should have it. Sure you can run around and put bubbles on everyone but you shouldn't be able to give every member of your team an extra cc. No other class can do this. Justify this by giving some equivalent to Mercenarys & Operatives or get rid of it.

What about this resolve? 300 resolve for this? really? so not only do sorcerers & sages give out free aoe stuns to their entire team, but when it actually stuns people their resolve only goes up by 300?

Remove the stun from sorcs & sages teamates. Or give Mercenarys & Operatives an equivalent.

Edit: I understand the need for this stun if you're a dps sorc or sage but understand that you're only hybrid spec'ing to abuse that extra cc you give out to your entire team knowing if the other team doesn't have a hybrid like you, it is simply not fair.

Edited by DrIzzt-DoUrden

If a team has a bubble spec sorc/sage on their team everybody on that team essentially has an extra cc that auto aoe stuns when the bubble is destroyed.

What if the other team doesn't have a bubble spec sorc/sage? is this not a huge unfair advantage?

I've got a 50 sorc & I can tell you that this cc needs to change. Give it to the sorc & the sage but no one else should have it. Sure you can run around and put bubbles on everyone but you shouldn't be able to give every member of your team an extra cc. No other class can do this. Justify this by giving some equivalent to Mercenarys & Operatives or get rid of it.

What about this resolve? 300 resolve for this? really? so not only do sorcerers & sages give out free aoe stuns to their entire team, but when it actually stuns people their resolve only goes up by 300?

Remove the stun from sorcs & sages teamates. Or give Mercenarys & Operatives an equivalent.

Edit: I understand the need for this stun if you're a dps sorc or sage but understand that you're only hybrid spec'ing to abuse that extra cc you give out to your entire team knowing if the other team doesn't have a hybrid like you, it is simply not fair.

I have been hybrid speced since launch, so I am most certainly not using it to abuse the extra cc. 1 patch ago we (DPS sorcs and especially hybrid DPS) were a laughing stock.

No one wanted us on teams it was go heals or go home. If you were 31 point madness you MIGHT get on a team if you were friends with some of them beforehand and were in the top 1% of players.

They finally give us a little something to make us at least utility viable for rateds and the whinners come out of the woodwork.

I don't think any of us is defending the bubble blind as it is right now.. (TBH I think most sorc/sage players still maining their squishies are well aware that the bubble is over the top) Don't listen to FoTM rerollers who defend the bubble, no questions asked, they need OP status to compete.

We want to keep a viable spec for ranked, without being OP.

Letting the target of the bubble have the ability to manually burst it for on demand CC is OP ---> Change it so they can't click it off anymore ----> Bubble spec may be fixed (further nerf/tweaks may be needed)

OR

Make the bubbles give the right amount of resolve (600 instead of 300)

One of those two changes would be enough to start of with. (one case makes it counterproductive to spam bubbles by raising resolve given, the other makes it impossible to control how and when the bubble pops)

If both nerfs happen, then sorc and sage viability in ranked is back where they are unwanted (unless controlled by a superb player, who would probably be doing even better on an AC that was viable)

Than make them unviable again untill you can find a way to buff them that doesnt break the metagame. Half resolve and pop on demand both need to be fixed. I was actually trying to build my guild back towards rateds, but with the bubbles like they are I wont even bother.

Than make them unviable again untill you can find a way to buff them that doesnt break the metagame. Half resolve and pop on demand both need to be fixed. I was actually trying to build my guild back towards rateds, but with the bubbles like they are I wont even bother.

so melee can stay on top of the pvp food chain? No. Nerf some melee specs too then.

Btw metagame HAS to change to keep things interesting. Bubbles a pbaoe, roll more ranged.

The reason why this is OP is simply how resolve works.

Because if you respam the same stun the resolve increases only slightly.

Way to fix this is to make resolve as it was previously, when random peeps can be called for CC spamming.

Can you please quit making changes that are bad for PVE all because of PVP. If you guys didn't want a separation from pvp and pve, then why have the expertise stat. DPS vanguard is now pretty much a melee person. Seems like balance shadow should have had the same range nerf as vanguard to seem fair. I know a lot of sage healers mad about the newer knockback because they needed the full 360 degree circle for defense reasons in a crunch. I have to wonder how well an assault dps vanguard does on Zorn now for HM EC.

Can you please quit making changes that are bad for PVE all because of PVP. If you guys didn't want a separation from pvp and pve, then why have the expertise stat. DPS vanguard is now pretty much a melee person. Seems like balance shadow should have had the same range nerf as vanguard to seem fair. I know a lot of sage healers mad about the newer knockback because they needed the full 360 degree circle for defense reasons in a crunch. I have to wonder how well an assault dps vanguard does on Zorn now for HM EC.

Knock back is off topic, but to quickly give my two cents, it is absolutely brilliant the way it is. The "a lot of sages" you are referring are less than 1% of the total number. Also this is a pvp board. Talking about pave is off topic.

Edited by MusicRider

I say make the bubble only stun on the casters bubble, can still bubble everyone of course but only the bubble on the caster stuns on break... or put it back to mezz.

Mezz kinda sucks tho cuz everyone is dotted up.

Edited by UGLYMRJ