only july 21sters in?

atokadlayor

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's my only complaint about this system. I don't like being in the dark. If you read this thread, you can see a lot of people in the dark.

They could of at least posted a schedule of what dates they are going to invite when.

It's not that big of a deal, but would have been nice though.

If they didn't do it this way, then they would have to play it safe to make sure everyone gets in when they were told they would. Doing it this way, they are able to get people in as quickly as possible. They've already gotten more in earlier than they anticipated (based on info in dev tracker). I prefer being in the dark and having the chance to get in sooner.

They're not doing posting times so they can remain flexible. If they posted dates and couldn't keep to them then there'd be 100 times as many flame threads.

Seems like a bad excuse. No offense.

They could have given a schedule and posted what is expected, but it may vary depending on how things go.

Seems like a bad excuse. No offense.

They could have given a schedule and posted what is expected, but it may vary depending on how things go.

Are you new to forums? Posting that it may vary depending on how things go would not put a stop to 1000s of flame threads about people not being able to get in when they were told they could or even being let in early, yes people would complain about that too.

Are you new to forums? Posting that it may vary depending on how things go would not put a stop to 1000s of flame threads about people not being able to get in when they were told they could or even being let in early, yes people would complain about that too.

I am not concerned about the immature players who come to flame. Can't stop them, so I don't care. :)

My only point is that it is always prefered to not be left in the dark as a customer.

I am not concerned about the immature players who come to flame. Can't stop them, so I don't care. :)

My only point is that it is always prefered to not be left in the dark as a customer.

I can understand and respect that. I would have preferred to know too but given how much things could fluctuate with something like this, the way they are handling it really is the best way.

What would it matter? They just delete anything they don't like anyway, regardless of whether or not it's informative. I've never seen anything like it. Every search I have done in google looking for info on this game ends up in a deleted forum link.

They are obviously dedicating a lot of resources to being heavy handed on forums, so I say let the flamers come.

I can understand and respect that. I would have preferred to know too but given how much things could fluctuate with something like this, the way they are handling it really is the best way.

Okay, so we agree to disagree. :)

I think the least they could do, at the end of the day, is post what dates got in and the amount of players that got in, so we can play the guessing game of when we might get in.

What would it matter? They just delete anything they don't like anyway, regardless of whether or not it's informative. I've never seen anything like it. Every search I have done in google looking for info on this game ends up in a deleted forum link.

They are obviously dedicating a lot of resources to being heavy handed on forums, so I say let the flamers come.

You must really be new to the forums if you think they just delete anything they don't like. If you're getting deleted forums links it could be because they just wiped the entire forum a few days ago, and today is the first day they're back up.

Part of why you are finding no info is they also did a purge of the forums, and truth be known people who per-ordered in December like myself will only get a couple of hours of early access this is just how things go at-least from what I have heard and read about other mmos.

So just chill sit back and wait.

Friend of mine was the July 24th and got in.

Sad part, with all the complaining people did today even though they were told EXACTLY how things would go, we may never see early access in any future games.

Edited by johnwilie

A minor recommendation for you guys if you don't already do this...

Periodically try logging into the game and see if your play button is still greyed out.

I received access in the second wave (21st) at 7MST, but didn't get my email until almost 9MST. I think their probably having a few anxiety attacks/breakdowns with how frantic they have to be moving to pull this off smoothly :)

Friend of mine was the July 24th and got in.

Sad part, with all the complaining people did today even though they were told EXACTLY how things would go, we may never see early access in any future games.

LOL! :t_cool:

This must be your first day. Welcome. ;)

j/k

Seriously, the early release will never go away.

This was before they added the 2 extra days I believe so everyone should be getting at least 3 days. That's the way I read his, now deleted, post before the forum wipe as well.

Reid made a new post about minimum time people will receive:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=48463#edit48463

Short answer: still minimum of one day (not three).

-HM