Do I really have to solo Objective Meridian?

This thing is a miserable experience with my tank Jugg. I hit like a wet noodle, and everything is miserably slow. I tried inviting a friend, but apparently I can't because it's a 'solo' mode. (boggle, isn't this an MMO?) I tried abandoning the solo quest to pick up veteral and group with friends, but the mission box says I am not eligible. Am I really stuck? I can't believe in an MMO, I can't get friends to help. Am I just dumb and there is a way, or is it really this horribly designed?

I don't think there is a way but maybe if you can group while in there you can try summoning them in the instance. I think it would work that way in KotFE and KotET chapters.

or:

respec to DPS or use DPS gear if you want to stay a tank (keep the shield). And set your comp to DPS (in case you already have maybe feed them some gifts for a bit more influence if things aren't dying quickly enough).

Edited by nyrkverse

This thing is a miserable experience with my tank Jugg. I hit like a wet noodle, and everything is miserably slow. I tried inviting a friend, but apparently I can't because it's a 'solo' mode. (boggle, isn't this an MMO?) I tried abandoning the solo quest to pick up veteral and group with friends, but the mission box says I am not eligible. Am I really stuck? I can't believe in an MMO, I can't get friends to help. Am I just dumb and there is a way, or is it really this horribly designed?

strange. i have done that on my Jugg tank, in Immprtal spec with Anri and had no issues at all. Was already lvl 75, but still used the 252 augmented gear maybe that helped?

strange. i have done that on my Jugg tank, in Immprtal spec with Anri and had no issues at all. Was already lvl 75, but still used the 252 augmented gear maybe that helped?

My gear probably blows. I just pressed through Ossus for the story, didn't gear or anything, so I have what I got there and whatever dropped while I did Onslaught's story. It is also entirely possible that I suck at doing damage on my Jugg. It's just taking me forever to kill enemies. I live, but when I get large groups, I am spending ridiculous amounts of time on them. It's super boring. After engaging the first boss and seeing how slow I was chipping away his hitpoints, I just ragequit and went looking for a way to get it done without soloing it. It seems crazy to me that the mobs on a story mode have so many HP.

I was really hoping there was a normal MMO solution like 'play with my friends', or even a weaksauce 'let me call in a friend to help me in the solo dungeon', but it looks like I am hosed. I'll finish the story on my Op or Sorc I guess, maybe respec and learn to DPS on my SW later when I am not so pissed off at Bioware for making me do it. I have just never played an MMO before where calling a friend to help was forbidden. It's a terrible design. I skipped the 'Traitor' storyline on this guy for the same reason, I didn't want to spend 20 minutes chipping away at each boss. :(

My gear probably blows. I just pressed through Ossus for the story, didn't gear or anything, so I have what I got there and whatever dropped while I did Onslaught's story. It is also entirely possible that I suck at doing damage on my Jugg. It's just taking me forever to kill enemies. I live, but when I get large groups, I am spending ridiculous amounts of time on them. It's super boring. After engaging the first boss and seeing how slow I was chipping away his hitpoints, I just ragequit and went looking for a way to get it done without soloing it. It seems crazy to me that the mobs on a story mode have so many HP.

I was really hoping there was a normal MMO solution like 'play with my friends', or even a weaksauce 'let me call in a friend to help me in the solo dungeon', but it looks like I am hosed. I'll finish the story on my Op or Sorc I guess, maybe respec and learn to DPS on my SW later when I am not so pissed off at Bioware for making me do it. I have just never played an MMO before where calling a friend to help was forbidden. It's a terrible design. I skipped the 'Traitor' storyline on this guy for the same reason, I didn't want to spend 20 minutes chipping away at each boss. :(

Again, why not just switch to a dps spec, and use a healing companion ?

Again, why not just switch to a dps spec, and use a healing companion ?

There is no good reason, bro, other than I was hoping I could find a way to do it in a group. This is probably exactly what I will end up doing. Just super frustrated that a group oriented character is forced to solo, but I'll adapt I guess.

Granted I did this FP on DPS classes, I didn't have any issues solo'ing it on Story mode with a low level healing companion. Seemed fairly easy on both imperial, and republic side.

Edit: I don't consider myself one of those players that does Massively difficult Solo content either.

Edited by Toraak

By the time you hit this point in the story, you should have a near to full (full?) set of 268 gear from Onslaught quest rewards, so you'll be heading into this with the same gear rating as everyone else at that point; provided you actually equipped the gear.

I've run this three times now, Defense JK, Darkness SI, and Carnage SW. So two tanks there. For all three, I cake walked through the FP. Wasn't even a contest. Also, was using the new comps, so they were all level 1. I do have legendary status, all datacrons, etc. Not sure how much that fed into it; but struggling to understand why you had such a hard time. Not attempting to invalidate your experience, it just doesn't align with mine...

do you have your comp on dps? comp will kill everything for you. use vette, she does the best damage out of the sith warrior companions or whoever has the highest influence. just keep the worst off them which shouldn't be hard as you're a tank :)

How can you chose Vette as companion. They do not give me a choice to chaose any of my companions, I have to use the stupid major they assigned to me!!!!

Followup: I almost skipped this, but I think you guys deserve a laugh at my expense.

Did any of you happen to notice those canisters of Onslaught starter gear look EXACTLY like a Universal Prefab Mark 1? Because I didn't, until earlier today. :D I remembered chucking some Prefabs in my legacy storage, and, what do you know, along with them are several of those gear canisters with all of my 268 gear.

It gets worse. I guess there was a Utility Reset on Warriors? I was confused why all of my mobility and utility was broken until i discovered all of my choices had been cleared. I know it worked when I finished Ossus, but as of today, they were all reset.

So basically I bricked my way to 75 in 232 greens and no utilities, none the wiser until I hit this solo instance. As you might expect, I had a much easier time of it with 268 gear and all of my utils. :D

That being said, it was still tedious compared to my sorc. And it still makes no sense to me that I can't complete this part of the story by doing the ACTUAL instance with friends as opposed to being forced into a role my character isn't really designed for.

Just not RAGEQUIT tedious like before... :D

How can you chose Vette as companion. They do not give me a choice to chaose any of my companions, I have to use the stupid major they assigned to me!!!!

you're right, I forgot solo locks you to Anri. You can still feed her some gifts to bring up her influence a bit if you don't find her effective.

• 1 month later...

Tried this over and over and always get killed - have that stupid companion that is forced onto me. I click for solo and it seems exactly the same (or harder) than when I don't check solo. Except I did not find that I can chose companion, I have that idiot that is forced onto you who most of the time stands there doing absolutely nothing!

Well I just failed over and over, went away from game for a month and came back to give it another try. How can you have all those mobs all shooting at you and get away with it? OK most maybe do group and have phantastic armor. A solo person does not. So 'stuff the solo people" ?

Don't know what to do, Just came back but what for? to die, and die....

Can't work out how to group either, all places which look like grouping never show that they go to the Meridian quest. Also I can click on just any quest and nothing happens for hours, so gave up on that. But ok, my experience is you say anything negative on the forum and anybody comes down on you like a load of bricks accusing you of being ignorant, stupid, etc etc...………………...

Tried this over and over and always get killed - have that stupid companion that is forced onto me. I click for solo and it seems exactly the same (or harder) than when I don't check solo. Except I did not find that I can chose companion, I have that idiot that is forced onto you who most of the time stands there doing absolutely nothing!

Well I just failed over and over, went away from game for a month and came back to give it another try. How can you have all those mobs all shooting at you and get away with it? OK most maybe do group and have phantastic armor. A solo person does not. So 'stuff the solo people" ?

Can't work out how to group either, all places which look like grouping never show that they go to the Meridian quest. Also I can click on just any quest and nothing happens for hours, so gave up on that. But ok, my experience is you say anything negative on the forum and anybody comes down on you like a load of bricks accusing you of being ignorant, stupid, etc etc...………………...

Cute, you don't reply in the thread you made where people gave you advice, instead you go and cry in another thread.

Edited by Gyronamics

Well none of us have any idea what you are doing, though it seems one of the following is true:

Somehow you are triggering a higher level difficulty than solo mode, in which case the solution is to exit, reset, and make sure you are selecting / following the solo mission.

Somehow you really can't even do solo mode, in which case there isn't much anyone on the forums will be able to do to help you outside of stuff like 'spam gifts to rank up your companion', 'make sure you are using the provided gear', 'don't stand in bad', or the ever helpful 'git gud'.

Edited by DawnAskham

I'm a solo person, and I did it just fine in the green-quality 268 gear from the cans you get in the rewards for the Onderon and Mek-Sha story missions. In your inventory, they look (as noted above) just like Universal Prefab MK-1s.

I've done it on both sides with different classes.

If you have "all these mobs" doing anything, you are advancing too quickly. Slow down and be careful to place yourself so that knockbacks knock you *away* from the next group. None of the trash groups are enough to take down a level 75 character with green 268s if you play correctly.