Forget about new classes . . .

nocaps

There is no reason why a new class is out of the question. For all we know they already laid the ground work for another class and are waiting to release it.

Since it is improbable they did that, they can simply add a class and give a reason it doesn't have a direct class story. Just like WoW had a hero class (which was only the DK), there is no reason the developers can't simply add a "hero" class that uses a fully leveled character and converts it to a new class. WoW's original idea was a long quest chain that converted your character into a death knight. They eventually dropped it but it was the original idea.

I'm not saying that's the solution. I'm just saying there are limitless possibilities. The sky is the limit here. Just because they can't write a direct class story doesn't mean we won't ever see new classes.

I wouldn't call them volatile... I'd call them melodramatic brats. No matter what happens, every week, the forum is flooded with complaints about any and every scrap of info that can be gleaned from the patch notes/ dev tracker/ pod cast/ cartel shop/ ..... it doesn't matter what they do, or who said what. The forum will not be appeased.

Oh, trust me...I know.

I was just trying to be nice because it's New Year's Ever :D

I agree, it would be an incredibly lazy way to add content to the game. But that is what makes it such a brillliant idea. It adds a lot of variation at little cost. If people want to get mad that they added something to the game... that's messed up. They don't have to play it.

Ha. Funny thing is the exact same thing could be said about the game itself. But if you took a quick look around the forum you'd think that some people are being forced to play a game they simply hate...

Oh but it's "constructive criticism". And anyone who doesn't agree with them (or actually likes what he's paying for) is a fanboy and a biodrone...

Well, you get it.

I've never seen such a hostile site that wasn't a hate site but an official forum.

But I digress. My point was that those people who consider the lack of chairs in-game "gamebreaking", the people who want Wow with a different skin but then again not really because "lolwut who plays wow anymore? noooooob" and also want the game to be more like SWG but then again they left SWG first chance they got to go play Wow... yeah, those people would once again be upset if they were not given everything immediately, with 0 bugs and for free.

And unfortunately those voices are the ones that make the biggest impact in the community here.

I don't think SWTOR needs any more bad publicity and all I'm saying is that if they decide to do something like the OP suggests, they should try to at least make the transition as smooth as possible for old players.

Edited by TheNahash

All "New Classes" threads eventually concede that getting new classes in the game is a pipe dream because of the monumental amount of work it would take to script and voice entirely new Class Stories, but there is still a chance to see new "classes" . . . Advanced Classes!

New Advanced Classes added to the current 8 classes wouldn't need new Class Stories, they'd go through the same ones the other 2 Advanced Classes share.

So, here's my ideas . . .

Jedi Avenger - a Double Bladed Sabre using Jedi Knight ... Medium Armor tank and dps trees.

Sith Destroyer - a Double Bladed Sabre using Sith Warrior ... Medium Armor tank and dps trees.

Jedi Archon - a Dual Wielding Jedi Consular ... Light Armor heal and dps trees.

Sith Harbinger - a Dual Wielding Sith Inquisitor ... Light Armor heal and dps trees.

Squad Leader - a pistol using Trooper ... Heavy Armor heal and dps trees.

Ranger - a rifle using Bounty Hunter ... Heavy Armor tank and dps trees.

Scout - a rifle using Smuggler ... Medium Armor tank and dps trees.

Fixer - a pistol using Imperial Agent ... Medium Armor heal and dps trees.

EDIT: my post isn't so much about actual new advanced class ideas so much as it's about "how do we get new classes introduced" . . . anyways made a couple tweaks to my ideas.

Loving it. Lets hope the dev's take a look here.

<---MIND BLOWN

This is like the ..... the most intelligent thing I've seen on this forum ever.....

It's that simple.... They add new mechanics around the existing abilities using the AC class skills, the tech tree talents, & the new active abilities...

SWEEEEEET IDEA!!!

May I sugggest.......

Jedi Harbinger

Sith Avenger

Squad Leader - a pistol weilding Trooper with group buffing abilities.

Ranger - a autocannon using Bounty Hunter with various CC options.

Listen to this man, he speaks the truth

Oh but it's "constructive criticism". And anyone who doesn't agree with them (or actually likes what he's paying for) is a fanboy and a biodrone...

I don't think SWTOR needs any more bad publicity and all I'm saying is that if they decide to do something like the OP suggests, they should try to at least make the transition as smooth as possible for old players.

I see your point. And I think it is constructive. No matter what they do, it should not take away anything from the experience we have right now. And if they did this, they better not make anyone feel like "their toys" were taken away and given to another class. They woould have to set the bar for the animations high, like they did with the animations for HK - but I still have a lot of faith in those artists to pull it off. They've done a very good job of blending together bits and pieces of different emotes and various smaller visual effects to create animations that feel unique. I think that they could use recolored parts from the Mara animations to make a dual weilding consular, and most players wouldn't even realize they did it.

[OFF TOPIC]

It it's not just this forum - it's become very en vogue to find fault in everything. But it's always been easier to turn cake into **** - than it is to turn **** into cake. It's not cool, ironic, enlightened, more intelligent, 733t, or even entertaining. Accusing others of bias is just the easiest thing for them to do, even though it makes them lazy hypocrits.

Right now the game rates up there at least as high as flour, eggs, & milk. It needs a lot of work, but it's far from hopeless.

SWTOR really needs to institute a customer rewards program better than the CC grant. A lot of people would shut their yap if BW simply gave subs something exlclussive every few months that COULD NOT be bought through the cash shop. Remember how the community acted when they passed out the founders titles? Some people ate that up. My cartel coins don't feel particularly "special". I know a lot of subscribers had to be hacked off when they saw the new weapons from the cartel packs that had animations. Some of CC stuff is way more cool than stuff we've gotten before, and that's not right. At this point if they were to add 8 more ACs to the game, or new classes, they shouldn't be F2P - subs only! I know that will burn up some people that let their account lapse to preffered status ~ but they get the right to complain back when they start paying again.

[/OFF TOPIC]