KOTET Livestream - 11/10

EricMusco

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

Today will be our next Knights of the Eternal Throne livestream and this one will be a bit different than the others. Instead of the normal format with Charles, Ben, and myself, we will having some special guests joining us for the stream.

Brian and Chuck from The Bad Feeling Podcast will be joining us on stream! They will be playing through our Firefrost Uprising, located on Hoth, as they chat with Senior Designer Chris Schmidt about all things Uprisings. With a little luck they will be able to play through the Uprising on both Story and Veteran modes to show the differences in gameplay and difficulty.

Here again are the details:

When: Today, Thursday 11/10

When: 4PM CST - 2PM PST

Where: http://www.twitch.tv/swtor

Thanks everyone, we'll see you there.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't we had a stream on uprisings where nothing of much value was said?

Haven't we had a stream on story vs vet difficulty where nothing of any value was said?

I'm at a loss why now have a steam combining two things where the development team offer so little information the first time round.

Edited by Costello

Haven't we had a stream on uprisings where nothing of much value was said?

Haven't we had a stream on story vs vet difficulty where nothing of any value was said?

I'm at a loss why now have a steam combining two things where the development team offer so little information the first time round.

Because it has nothing to do with providing the community with information. Its a "Hey look we support fan base, We gave these content creators a chance to play."

Because it has nothing to do with providing the community with information. Its a "Hey look we support fan base, We gave these content creators a chance to play."

Surely you can let them play off stream and then they could post their view on it in their own way. If I wanted to watch someone else play I'd go watch some cartoons, I get the feeling this is going to be completely managed and there wont be any difficult questions if any that haven't been provided to them to read along with the dialogue.

'Oh yeah, you can really feel the difference between solo and veteran play, you have to really up your game be more aware of the environment.'

'Yeah, veteran really does offer a more rewarding experience along with more command crates rng gear is great!'

'I really feel that forgiving Arcann and offering a full pardon adds to the story and doesn't trivialize the main antagonist into a mis understood kid. Its right that the galaxy all support the outlanders decision to pardon the war criminal as if nothing happened, it really makes it seem like his actions were felt across the galaxy and had a lasting impact!'

Edited by Costello

I'm not expecting much of the stream; hopefully they'll at least manage to get through both difficulty modes. Though given how much they joke around in the podcast, I doubt they'll rush through. :( Edited by Jerba

They not doing that. They said last week they were going to post them in the forums but no stream on it.

Really? Because the 'sample' of changes they actually would be ok if they had a stream devoted to the rest of them but as it stands we are still waiting for class changes as they have not given us proper changes yet.

Really? Because the 'sample' of changes they actually would be ok if they had a stream devoted to the rest of them but as it stands we are still waiting for class changes as they have not given us proper changes yet.

Given that Eric said they would be making posts "throughout the week, next week" (this week) on class changes and all they've made is one string of posts with minimal changes and no followup responses to questions, I'm thinking either the community team is super busy with this new influencer program, or someone is pulling the reins in on class changes because they are so subject to change.

It's a bit odd, given their so far normal pattern of giving info on KOTET features/changes and then being in there answering questions.

or someone is pulling the reins in on class changes because they are so subject to change.

It's a bit odd, given their so far normal pattern of giving info on KOTET features/changes and then being in there answering questions.

I have said before that if stuff like class changes is not virtually complete by now then the game should not be releasing in a few weeks as without the class changes done how have they tuned the Uprisings and the new difficulty settings?

I have said before that if stuff like class changes is not virtually complete by now then the game should not be releasing in a few weeks as without the class changes done how have they tuned the Uprisings and the new difficulty settings?

Well, class changes and balancing are like surgery trying to get the details right. I mean, I'm absolutely just speculating to pass the time. Could be something else entirely.

But tweaking numbers in code is something that you can get away with doing till the last minute, more so than other kind of stuff.

Well, class changes and balancing are like surgery trying to get the details right. I mean, I'm absolutely just speculating to pass the time. Could be something else entirely.

But tweaking numbers in code is something that you can get away with doing till the last minute, more so than other kind of stuff.

Class balance needs to be ongoing tweaks, not once a year in a major dump like Bioware does.

Class balance needs to be ongoing tweaks, not once a year in a major dump like Bioware does.

I tend to agree. I think GW2 does it on something like a month to month basis, IIRC. Granted, GW2 also takes their PvP way more seriously and is invested in esports.

Please make sure they're level 70 Eric...I'd like to see your RNG boxes in action.

Can they even do uprisings if they aren't level 70?j

Do you really think that they will allow us to see what drops the boxes will give?

Maybe I'm more pessimistic than you, but I doubt that we will learn much about the galactic command system by watching the stream.

Can they even do uprisings if they aren't level 70?j

Do you really think that they will allow us to see what drops the boxes will give?

Maybe I'm more pessimistic than you, but I doubt that we will learn much about the galactic command system by watching the stream.

Eric was in one last week on a newly created Dev 65.

I only caught the end of the stream than skimmed the video but they got no command crates from that run through of the uprising due to not enough points?

At what level was their GC? Max I hope ... either way that wasn't exactly encouraging of how fast it's going to be to get gear. Run the same uprising twice ( or 2 seperate ones to be fair ) to get 1 crate that I MIGHT be able to use the gear from.

Honestly this GC gearing **** is going to kill this game.

So command crates don't give gear with set bonus automatically it is random. Yet you are tuning veteran mode for tier 2 with some tier 3 gear, plus set bonus, plus augments, plus stim and adrenal.

Basically you put veteran at launch but we can't even play if until months later that it will take to gear up. If you can run a story mode uprising twice in the time it takes to run veteran mode once since there is a chance of wiping or people not being geared why would anyone play veteran at all. Basically the fastest way to gear is just going to be speed runs of story mode and then that gear may not even be what you want or need and there is no incentive to run veteran anyway since it is exactly the same just more dmg and hp.

From the stream it just seemed like veteran uprisings don't have much reason to do them since by the time you are geared enough to do them nightmare mode may be out.

So command crates don't give gear with set bonus automatically it is random. Yet you are tuning veteran mode for tier 2 with some tier 3 gear, plus set bonus, plus augments, plus stim and adrenal.

Basically you put veteran at launch but we can't even play if until months later that it will take to gear up. If you can run a story mode uprising twice in the time it takes to run veteran mode once since there is a chance of wiping or people not being geared why would anyone play veteran at all. Basically the fastest way to gear is just going to be speed runs of story mode and then that gear may not even be what you want or need and there is no incentive to run veteran anyway since it is exactly the same just more dmg and hp.

From the stream it just seemed like veteran uprisings don't have much reason to do them since by the time you are geared enough to do them nightmare mode may be out.

I doubt uprisings are going to be one of the the fastest ways, certainly not based on the stream.

As usual they will stuff up their balance, the community will find out a far superior, faster method of gaining CXP fastest ( albeit montonous and boring ) and by the time they fix the balance in a patch it's too late because many people already have top end GC.

LOL!!! I knew they'd find a way to make it worse.

Unreal guys...seriously...I couldn't be any more disgusted.