Rolling Release = Not 5 waves in less then 24 Hours.

sednal

A rolling release is exactly what it sounds like, a continuous rolling release of game access to players not FIVE waves in LESS then 24 hours to an extremely small % of the pre-order population. Edited by sednal

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

troll me all you want, just have read every email they have sent me along with official posts and this doesn't seem like a rolling release but more like, were scared our servers are gonna take a ****.

And if you say it hasn't launched yet why is there an official post saying we are launching today lol.

"This is a big day for us; we are launching Star Wars: The Old Republic, BioWare’s largest and most ambitious project to date, and we’re very proud that you’ve been able to join us. It’s an honor to be able to share this game with you." - Ray Muzyka & Greg Zeschuk Co-Founders, BioWare

Edited by sednal

A rolling release is exactly what it sounds like, a continuous rolling release of game access to players not FIVE waves in LESS then 24 hours to an extremely small % of the pre-order population.

While I don't fault them for taking a stoppage to evaluate where they are...but an 18 hour stoppage? That's a receipe to frustrate a lot of people.

A rolling release is exactly what it sounds like, a continuous rolling release of game access to players not FIVE waves in LESS then 24 hours to an extremely small % of the pre-order population.

Honestly, despite my trolling, I'm not super concerned about when I get into early access. I pre-ordered late. The rationale, however, for how this fiasco has been conducted concerns me deeply, and I hope that the people who made the decisions about the launch of this game are not the same people making decisions about the content and quality of the game.

I agree with OP

The reason for staggered launch from my understanding is to

* Keep the servers stable

* Spread the population out across the different servers

* Not to overwhelm the starting Areas

But the servers are all on LOW population and from the feedback of the players that have access the areas are all empty

SO WHYYYY ? why the extra wait ?

I think they should keep letting people in, keep the flow going... its been many hours since the last wave, the starting areas should be completely empty ? and the server pop is still low across all the server

Staggered Launch makes sense, but huge break does not. If they wanted the 5 waves in a day they should have spread those 5 out through the day. They did not so they either have or dont a reason for it. If they had a reason they should have said what it was even if it was we are setting up more servers or changing the server caps on current servers. But just going with "we are gonna do 5 waves over 8 hours and than say screw you guys we're going home." isn't exactly the best route.

I agree with OP

The reason for staggered launch from my understanding is to

* Keep the servers stable

* Spread the population out across the different servers

* Not to overwhelm the starting Areas

But the servers are all on LOW population and from the feedback of the players that have access the areas are all empty

SO WHYYYY ? why the extra wait ?

I think they should keep letting people in, keep the flow going... its been many hours since the last wave, the starting areas should be completely empty ? and the server pop is still low across all the server

Thank you sir for responding with logic, on top of the low server pop you have the whole full xp for PVP matches that end due to low player numbers. I was 100% sure this was gonna be fixed by launch as it was so talked about during the last 2 weekend betas.

Im in the same boat as most of you, yea ill get in soon but i don't like knowing i am starting behind in an MMO.

Honestly I was under the impression was going to be throughout the day an night waves keep going through not the few waves we had today the 4 planned and a bonus wave. I understand stopping during primetime, But seriously you gotta have some system or person who would be able to continue the waves after and through the night.

At the rate we have now people in sept wont have access till monday, because if you wont bge doing night waves what makes us think you will be doing waves during the weekends?

Honestly I was under the impression was going to be throughout the day an night waves keep going through not the few waves we had today the 4 planned and a bonus wave. I understand stopping during primetime, But seriously you gotta have some system or person who would be able to continue the waves after and through the night.

At the rate we have now people in sept wont have access till monday, because if you wont bge doing night waves what makes us think you will be doing waves during the weekends?

i agree with you also, lack of information is frustrating, found myself in many of a bad situations in Afghanistan because of this simple concept. KEEP THE INFORMATION FLOWING.

They already had a server crash with this minimal deployment, you bet they are being cautious.

ha, i saw that on the server list. its the home to my guild. I wonder if any of them were on when it did. wonder what and how the crash "felt"? laggy then a quick stop, or long periods of spikes, then lags then a lockup onscreen.

I don't believe they said rolling release, I believe they said staggered.

Because BioWare doesn't know how to release a MMO and this launch was terribly planned and even more terribly executed.

Don't get me wrong, I've been very positive and supportive of SWTOR, you can watch my videos from weeks ago. But, I call it how it is. This launch is being handled very very poorly.