Quest for HK-51

Jinxblog

Let the hunt begin!

PTS notes confirm that:

"assassin droids can be found in the wreck of an Imperial transport ship, The Fatality, in Section X. Reactivating HK-51 requires finding and assembling parts from across the galaxy."

Theories and finds:

-In the Frozen Lake area, there is a huge crashed Imperial ship with a phase door and Imperial Fight Recordings scattered around. A player has confirmed that one of Heroic 2+ missions [The Fatality] leads you to HK. The next quest after that one is called [Assertion: Repairs Required]. This is where I assume the player has to gather the missing parts from across the galaxy.

From Red-Dwarf:

The locations you need to go after you've done the intro quests, which say they are heroic 2+ but can be soloed are:

Outlaw's Den - Tatooine

Endar Spire - Taris

Jedi Temple - Coruscant

Dark Temple - Dromund Kaas

Ambria Fury - Hoth

False Emperor flashpoint

Maelstrom Prison - Hard Mode

Side note, it's been hinted/confirmed by the devs that you will need both a Republic and Empire character to fully unlock HK. Since they haven't done character copies since 1.2(?), let's hope some of us were lucky enough to get both faction characters on the PTS (I was not :/).

Additionally, I started this on the General forms since adventurers looking for the Taunling of 1.2 had all their theories lost when the patch went Live (all threads were deleted). There was a lot of headache trying to figure out what already had not worked.

Edited by Jinxblog

I'll have a look once the PTS is downloaded, i only have a level 50 republic character right now but i'll look inside section X for him, i hope this will be as good as hinted at before.

I want a mission to go all over the galaxy, having to follow clues and actually listen to the mission givers to get the clues to the locations of objects, like a man in anchorhead has salvaged a piece. An SIS agent gives a description of the man and you have to find him based on the description.

Then on Coruscant, a rogue HK-50 has reawakened and has started creating a droid army in the works, after solving a puzzle to activate the elevator, your character is taken down deep inside the works where you confront the droid army, before salvaging a HK Control Cluster from the remains of HK-50.

I also hope HK-51 will use Aim statted Sniper Rifles.

I would expect that considering it says the parts are all over the galaxy that there will be some parts you can only get in the zones that are specific for the faction... for example that you need to get something on the imperial version of Taris and another on the Republic version of Balmorra... or in the different areas on Corellia that are only reachable by one faction or something like the +10 datacron hunt

My guess is most of the stuff revolves in the new Belsavis area, 1 piece on either homeworld (possibly), and maybe a piece in each faction's 32-36 planat (Taris/Bal, which is like given you need a mid-level of another faction).

And after reading this post, somewhere at bioware, someone just yelled a string of profanities :D

Well I mean, it makes sense is all. Otherwise, anyone could just lvl 2 characters, grab the guide and have HK in no time. Of course a guide would come out anyway, but still.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

HK-51 will be irrelevant for a lot of people, anyway. however, there may or may not be some people out there who are going to resub just to get him. sneaking him in is a total no-no marketing-wise.

not forgetting to mention... they said it will be hard to finish the quest even if you know how to do it.

granted, their definition of 'hard' may not be the definition a player has, but we all know that ;)

Edited by amnie

they said it will be hard to finish the quest even if you know how to do it

For me, it will be impossible to get him because I'll be damned if I play the dark side.

I do not understand why they demand that you play the evil side too. Maybe the marketing people demanded that they came up with more ways to make people roll alts or something.

Another patch with no content for me :(

Edited by Yogol

You can be an imperial lightside player.

Some classes more than others. My fully light-sided Assassin is still pure evil. Fun, but evil. Anyway, regardless of how useful HK-51 is to me after it is all said and done- I'm hoping the quests leading up to receiving him turns out to be a nice, full experience. I can't wait to hear him call somebody a meatbag, and hopefully he can put a shockcollar on my shipdroid.

^This .. plus how about in the PTS forums? :p

:cool:

PTS forums are for reporting issues, not for talking about the guides etc for the new content, so this thread wouldn't be appropriate there.

Oh and...

The locations you need to go after you've done the intro quests, which say they are heroic 2+ but can be soloed are:

• Outlaw's Den - Tatooine
  • Endar Spire - Taris
  • Jedi Temple - Coruscant
  • Dark Temple - Dromund Kaas
  • Ambria Fury - Hoth
  • False Emperor flashpoint
  • Maelstrom Prison - Hard Mode

Some classes more than others.

Yeah, so pick one of those classes.

I'm playing a Bounty Hunter with a pragmatic streak with occasional Dark Side choices and she's still Light III/IV. She's in the Imperial faction because that's where the game designers stuck BHs, not because she supports the Empire.

There are all kinds of ways to justify an Imperial faction character and not be on the 'evil' side.

The best story villains think they're the heroes of their own story, and from my perspective, Bioware's done an excellent job of doing or allowing for that with the class PCs.

For me, it will be impossible to get him because I'll be damned if I play the dark side.

I do not understand why they demand that you play the evil side too. Maybe the marketing people demanded that they came up with more ways to make people roll alts or something.

Another patch with no content for me :(

You don't gotta be evil over on the Empire can be light, BH seems to be the more slightly neutral class from the Empire being that your not really alined with the Empire.

^This .. plus how about in the PTS forums? :p

The OP mentioned that:

Additionally, I started this on the General forms since adventurers looking for the Taunling of 1.2 had all their theories lost when the patch went Live (all threads were deleted). There was a lot of headache trying to figure out what already had not worked.

Oh and...

• Outlaw's Den - Tatooine
  • Endar Spire - Taris
  • Jedi Temple - Coruscant
  • Dark Temple - Dromund Kaas
  • Ambria Fury - Hoth
  • False Emperor flashpoint
  • Maelstrom Prison - Hard Mode

im pretty sure that is for a republic player - i wouldn't mind betting that Imperials have to...

...go to Foundry instead since Revan has the final piece unless Imps need a mid level repub toon to do Maelstrom Prison on Normal

/shrug :)

Edited by orpheus